Boomtown Festival 2016

5co77ie

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Wild West line up is out and it specifically lists Levellers there. Does this mean they're not on the Town Centre (although listed as such on the BTF website), are they playing twice or are they a sort of representative of Wild West for the Town Centre? I notice, also, that Madness are listed here as being Town Centre but are listed for the Lions Den on the BTF website. 

28 minutes ago, jimmyt said:

So, Wild West line up is out and it specifically lists Levellers there. Does this mean they're not on the Town Centre (although listed as such on the BTF website), are they playing twice or are they a sort of representative of Wild West for the Town Centre? I notice, also, that Madness are listed here as being Town Centre but are listed for the Lions Den on the BTF website. 

I think it might mean things are not as they seem - or are, or we will find out when we arrive.

or maybe we won't ;)

3 hours ago, jimmyt said:

thanks, we're looking into correcting/amending.

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

according to today's press release they're playing twice.

ah no it appears they were in today's press release "on the Wild West lineup today as they fit best under that district's genres." - but aren't actually on the Wild West stages!

/me shakes head

Madness on Lions Den has been confirmed by their PR

I think it's more the case that they group acts together in their genre to represent the different areas but then the bigger acts are on at Town Centre. I know last year Flogging Molly were originally down as a Wild West act but then headlined Town Centre. 

I was surprised they had Madness as playing Lion's Den as I thought they'd headline Town Centre. But the capacity of Lion's Den is much more than TC so maybe it's the case. 

Last years initial headline announcement were the headliners for the Town Centre, which is what I assumed the first headline announcement was again this year. They also put these headliners on the line up for the districts they are representing but they only play on the Town Centre stage. I got confused by it last year so messaged Boomtown's fb page as I was hoping LTJ were playing twice, alas they didn't. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2016 at 10:07 AM, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

I am starting to believe this weekend could be the best of my life so far! Big up 

I went for the first time last year and I can honestly say it was the best festival I've been to. The lineup was better for me last year if I'm honest but there is so much to see that doesn't present a problem for me. Some of the best bands I saw last year were ones that I wandered into. Have you been before?

On 2 March 2016 at 5:14 PM, krisroe said:

I went for the first time last year and I can honestly say it was the best festival I've been to. The lineup was better for me last year if I'm honest but there is so much to see that doesn't present a problem for me. Some of the best bands I saw last year were ones that I wandered into. Have you been before?

First time this year, there is a group of 30 of us going should be mad. I'm loving the lineup, so many bands and artists i listen to. So glad you think it's unreal, literally cant wait!! the countdown is killing me though..

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 20.00.04.png

11 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Little Roy - I don't know why but Reggae style Nirvana just seems to work.

That's gone straight into the must-see list. Reggae reworkings of rock are ace! Dub Side of the Moon by the Easy Star All-Stars was a highlight 2 years ago.