Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

Okay, so I held off posting this the morning as I had Uni so was difficult for me write anything lengthy, but I have a story to share... 

A couple of weeks before Christmas we were hosting the Xmas party for, amongst others, a company based in Nottingham with v strong links to Glasto (I'm not going to name them but you can figure it out...). I got chatting to a guy after serving him a few drinks throughout the night (I work on the bar) and he spotted my wristbands I've still got all up my arm and he mentioned Glastonbury. We were talking about how great 2015 was, if I was going in 2016 etc. and eventually got on to the topic of headliners. He asked me if I knew who was headlining and, as it seemed pretty certain at the time, I confidently said Adele and Coldplay, then sort of hesitated around Muse. His reply to that, seemingly clocking that I wasn't as sure about Muse as the other two was just 'Nope. Radiohead.' When I questioned him on it he didn't seem to want to go into anymore detail and was just like 'Trust me mate'. He was confident but wouldn't offer anything else up. I didn't totally believe him at the time but I did go and tell some people I have from here on Facebook as I thought it might be of interest. Now we've had these announcements this morning its got me thinking he might know something. 

I'm obviously not massively convinced by it myself - I certainly didn't have enough confidence in it at the time to post on here and I sort of forgot about it until the rumours of them doing some US fests began (and at that time I thought of posting something similar to this but again decided against it). I reckon IOW might be more likely, but if the straw clutchers want something to clutch... 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Okay, so I held off posting this the morning as I had Uni so was difficult for me write anything lengthy, but I have a story to share... 

A couple of weeks before Christmas we were hosting the Xmas party for, amongst others, a company based in Nottingham with v strong links to Glasto (I'm not going to name them but you can figure it out...). I got chatting to a guy after serving him a few drinks throughout the night (I work on the bar) and he spotted my wristbands I've still got all up my arm and he mentioned Glastonbury. We were talking about how great 2015 was, if I was going in 2016 etc. and eventually got on to the topic of headliners. He asked me if I knew who was headlining and, as it seemed pretty certain at the time, I confidently said Adele and Coldplay, then sort of hesitated around Muse. His reply to that, seemingly clocking that I wasn't as sure about Muse as the other two was just 'Nope. Radiohead.' When I questioned him on it he didn't seem to want to go into anymore detail and was just like 'Trust me mate'. He was confident but wouldn't offer anything else up. I didn't totally believe him at the time but I did go and tell some people I have from here on Facebook as I thought it might be of interest. Now we've had these announcements this morning its got me thinking he might know something. 

I'm obviously not massively convinced by it myself - I certainly didn't have enough confidence in it at the time to post on here and I sort of forgot about it until the rumours of them doing some US fests began (and at that time I thought of posting something similar to this but again decided against it). I reckon IOW might be more likely, but if the straw clutchers want something to clutch... 

don't do this to me man! 

2 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Full blown clutch, thanks Matt 

3 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

So it begins...

5 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Well this all seems to be 100% absolute fact to me.

It's happening!

12 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

This was the straw I was looking for.

16 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Well this all seems to be 100% absolute fact to me.

It's happening!

:P What I'm saying is - hopefully one of the guys I told before Christmas will be along in a sec.

I dunno about the other guy though, I didn't know what to think of him. Obviously he'd been drinking as well. Just thought it would be worth a share now... 

Edited by MattDavies__

it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Radiohead at just about any other UK festival.

As much as I want them to they seem to have had ample opportunity to play but haven't in 13 years. I would love them to but I can't see it. I will happily take that back though if they are announced.

If not then my girlfriend and work may need to accept me fucking off to Europe to see them at Primavera or at NOS Alive. NOS might be cheaper but Barcelona is fucking excellent.

i know you can't really question arguably the greatest band of the last 20 years, but have they got the bottle to do it?

could they genuinely do some middle of the road european festivals and Primavera and SKIP glasto? Do they have the bottle to get up on that pyramid and smash it out of the park like only they can? The time would be right but I just wonder whether they're up for it.

there is of course no question that it would be brilliant. For the guy a few pages ago going on about how they didnt like the sound, I think the pyramid has been upgraded enormously on that front since the last time they were anywhere near the pyramid and shouldn't be an issue now.

depends if they ask the who though..... : \

Edited by Memory Man

15 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

:P What I'm saying is - hopefully one of the guys I told before Christmas will be along in a sec.

I dunno about the other guy though, I didn't know what to think of him. Obviously he'd been drinking as well. Just thought it would be worth a share now... 

Everyone knows alcohol is a truth serum! Who lies when drunk?? The brain isnt physiologically capable of it. It's a cast iron medical fact.

Dont doubt yourself now, it's happening!

9 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I still can't belive none of in rainbows has been played on the pyramid stage.

I'd be quite happy with a Pyramid Stage headline set in 2016 that pretty much only comprised songs from In Rainbows, so stellar an LP of music is that magnificent thing.

My 14 year old put it on last night and we were trying to work out for what reason(s) we wouldn't call it their best record...

Extraordinary.

Ben

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'd be quite happy with a Pyramid Stage headline set in 2016 that pretty much only comprised songs from In Rainbows, so stellar an LP of music is that magnificent thing.

My 14 year old put it on last night and we were trying to work out for what reason(s) we wouldn't call it their best record...

Extraordinary.

Ben

Man you sound like a cool dad! (and a very cool 14 year old!)

As most are probably thinking, if it's not going to happen this year it just isn't going to. Neil doesn't sound confident and tbh I don't think Thom is bothered. 1997 and 2003 are his staple years to say it's been done. I personally want Muse way more and I'm not greatly bothered about them but a mate would cry.

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Extraordinary.

Ben

The best songs from Hail to the thief and In rainbows, throw in the classics, you have yourself a fresh headline set that stands alone from '97 and '03