Best time/place to get tents?

gerardfenton18

I think it's time to retire my trusty tent, the zips have been repaired once too many.

The last one I had was bought in November 2012-13 and done about 5 festivals as well as a few camping trips. It was roughly £70quid of eBay(Argos) 6 man and 3 compartments normally between 2, I like a bit of space. Realistically I wouldn't want to spend anymore than that , is there a best time or place to get them (January sales maybe/certain sites)?

there is 4-6 of us on for Glastonbury so if there was something really good for us all we'll chip in a bit more..

Yeah sorry,I was thinking second hand so you could pick up a good quality tent for a fraction of the price that someone wants rid of now they've finished with it,there's people out there that buy top of the range and decide it isn't for them.If buying new then as you say January is a good time but stock may be less.

Yeah sorry,I was thinking second hand so you could pick up a good quality tent for a fraction of the price that someone wants rid of now they've finished with it,there's people out there that buy top of the range and decide it isn't for them.If buying new then as you say January is a good time but stock may be less.

I've no problem buying second hand, problem with me is most ebay used tents I see don't deliver to Northern Ireland or are collection only so it limits me quite a bit. Must be courier costs for large items

Seems to me that Blacks/Millets have a permanent tent sale on, can get some bargains on Eurohike tents which ive never had a problem with. In the new year the "Ive found a camping bargain" thread starts to pick up.

Get a Vango though, they are sex.

Might be worth having a look in Decathlon. They often have end of season reductions and their stuff is fairly decent.

I'd say buy now if you can find a bargain. End of season is generally better than new year sales.

I was absolutely blown away by the 3 man popup from Decathlon, really good quality and I thought a very reasonable price, easily the best tent I've purchased over my festival career

if I had to buy another tent I'd be there in a heartbeat

How easy is it to put away again?  The achilles heel of pop-ups I've used in the past.

I was absolutely blown away by the 3 man popup from Decathlon, really good quality and I thought a very reasonable price, easily the best tent I've purchased over my festival career

if I had to buy another tent I'd be there in a heartbeat

to be honest the last thing I want is to be blown away :(

How easy is it to put away again?  The achilles heel of pop-ups I've used in the past.

much easier than any pop up I've tried before, they've developed a colour coded system of clips and pulleys that make it pretty simple

I'll not lie though Monday morning was a trial (much to the amusement of my friends) as I hadn't had any practise at the system, it took me about 5 minuets to work out that I'd put the clips the wrong way round but once I worked that out it was fine

I've done it 3 times since then and now its a piece of piss, so if you do get one make sure you have some practice first

much easier than any pop up I've tried before, they've developed a colour coded system of clips and pulleys that make it pretty simple

I'll not lie though Monday morning was a trial (much to the amusement of my friends) as I hadn't had any practise at the system, it took me about 5 minuets to work out that I'd put the clips the wrong way round but once I worked that out it was fine

I've done it 3 times since then and now its a piece of piss, so if you do get one make sure you have some practice first

Ooh, sounds promising.  Do you have the model name/number?

the exact model I got appears to be missing from their website but it was the same as this

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/2-seconds-easy-iii-pop-up-tent-3-man-blue-id_8300683.html

the only difference between that and mine is my one was the "Fresh" version that was white and had vents that were meant to help with the morning heat, they probably would have been if I'd not been to ruined the nights before and remembered to open them

the exact model I got appears to be missing from their website but it was the same as this

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/2-seconds-easy-iii-pop-up-tent-3-man-blue-id_8300683.html

the only difference between that and mine is my one was the "Fresh" version that was white and had vents that were meant to help with the morning heat, they probably would have been if I'd not been to ruined the nights before and remembered to open them

Thanks a lot. I'll take a look.