forums upgrade

I've been ready to upgrade the forums for a few weeks, but haven't been able to because an upgraded plug-in I've needed hasn't been available. That plug-in still isn't available, but I might have found an alternative way to manage things.

I'm currently installing a test set-up on my test system (unfortunately it takes many hours to load in a copy of the forums data), and if that test works OK I'll be able to do the same thing on the live forums, and then be in a position to upgrade the live forums.

If everything goes well with the testing, I'm hoping to start the upgrade tonight.

The upgrade is a long process because of the size of the database, so it might possibly take several days to complete (it took the best part of a week on my low-powered test system) - tho I hope not.

I'll update this thread during the day as things become clearer.