BST - Hyde park 2016

calumhandy1

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's obviously luck of the draw as ever but I found it pretty lax. Didn't get a pat down and only a cursory look in my bag. I had a half-full bottle of water in there which he saw and waved through. 

Cheers, I can never remember how strict it is, but depends on who you get I guess. Either way Looks like it may have to be a gooch job!

19 hours ago, fantomas said:

Carole King was fantastic last night.  To see Tapestry in full was really moving, and no one where I was stood talked at all, just lots of quiet singing along.  Obviously the crowd was majority older people which helped.  That and at 70 odd quid for the cheapest tickets it wasn't really for the casual gig goer. 

Would loved to have seen it, but this 56 year old body was still recovering from Glasto. I remember listening to my older sisters copy many times as an 11 year old and it still probably in my all time top 20 45 years later.

4 hours ago, Alhd said:

Does anyone no how thorough the searching is when you enter the arena? I know they are quite strict there as went to blur last year but I forgot how strict they are, so they pay you down or just bag searches?

Had a peek in my bag & got metal detected on my body. Bag search wasn't that thorough though, I managed to take a wrench in (for my bike - always weird it doesn't even get questioned)

20 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Had a peek in my bag & got metal detected on my body. Bag search wasn't that thorough though, I managed to take a wrench in (for my bike - always weird it doesn't even get questioned)

There were metal detectors this year?

They weren't scanning everyone either as as I didn't even see them. Wouldn't worry too much unless you're trying to smuggle booze or weapons in, the latter of which I'd hope you wouldn't!  I could easily have brought booze in from the check I had but you never know. 

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Im heading down on Saturday for this. can someone confirm a few bits for me please?

1. can I take my standard sized rucksack?
  2. site says no food to be taken in but some have reported seeing people entering with picnic boxes with food in. has anyone on here seen food taken in (or taken it in themselves) ?
  3. whats the drink prices like? roughly I mean :)
  4. Are their plenty of veggy options at the food places?

6 minutes ago, wirewolf86 said:

Im heading down on Saturday for this. can someone confirm a few bits for me please?

1. can I take my standard sized rucksack?
  2. site says no food to be taken in but some have reported seeing people entering with picnic boxes with food in. has anyone on here seen food taken in (or taken it in themselves) ?
  3. whats the drink prices like? roughly I mean :)
  4. Are their plenty of veggy options at the food places?

1. I'd say you'd have no problem with a standard-sized rucksack

2. Are you sure people were taking food for the ticketed events? There's also been some free events on this week and from memory the last time they did this (or maybe in 2014) you were allowed to bring picnics for the free stuff. I brought in an opened bottle of water and they didn't mind - not sure how helpful that is though!

3. Fiver for a pint basically. Got a cocktail for around £7 from the Bacardi tent - double shot I think. You can get a bottle of wine fro around £20-£22.

4. Loads of veggie options - I am one and there was a lot of choice! Lots of street food places. I had a really yummy paella and then went to Bad Brownie. 

I know what you mean! But I think the rise of popularity in street food means that there are a lot more interesting veggie options these days. Especially if you eat dairy/egg. The worst for me was at ATP, where my options were chips, chips or chips (literally). Not even a veggie burger!

Have a good one :)

Went to the Mumford gig on the Friday.

Was pretty annoyed that I didn't know that for the inner circle you have to get there early and get wrists bands to get in! As I had to turn up at 4:30 due to being at work.

Wolf alice was great, but due to not being in the inner circle most the time all I could hear was talking.

Moved closed to the relay speaker for Alabama Shakes, who were amazing!

Stayed in the same position quite near the barrier at the relay speakers, met some nice people and Mumford were amazing. Marcus ran through this barrier part during Ditmas, so he was within 2ft of me!

11 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Was pretty annoyed that I didn't know that for the inner circle you have to get there early and get wrists bands to get in! As I had to turn up at 4:30 due to being at work.

Wolf alice was great, but due to not being in the inner circle most the time all I could hear was talking.

Stayed in the same position quite near the barrier at the relay speakers, met some nice people and Mumford were amazing. Marcus ran through this barrier part during Ditmas, so he was within 2ft of me!

That's weird. They didn't enforce this at all for Massive Attack. We didn't get there until after 5pm, wandered down the front for Patti, then back out again for food and booze and then in again for Massive Attack - all without a wristband. Do you think they only bother when it's full to capacity?

I went to Take That on Saturday, I think you had to have different tickets for inner circle, although I'm not certain. We had GA, got there in the afternoon for food and booze, then went towards the front for Olly Murs. Got a bit further forward (a few rows behind the back of the inner circle) for TT. 

It was an excellent show, but then in my opinion, TT shows always are! Crowd were mainly friendly, security fine, they looked in my rucksack but not my handbag at all! We had a brilliant day :)

17 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

Ive been to BST three years in a row now (arcade fire, kylie, massive attack) and they have never done that ! That sucks! :(

They did wristbands for the General Admission pit at Carole King as well.  I only noticed by chance and managed to get myself one.  You could then go in and out of the pit as you please.  Once all the wristbands had been given out, nobody else could enter the pit and I think they had all gone by about 3.30.

A lot of improvements made since the last time I went - although I suppose The Libertines had quite a different crowd!  The second stage being outdoors was much better.  No problem with bar/toilet queues either and sound was much, much better.  I'm still not a fan of all the different crowd sections based on how much ££ you have though.