LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

I agree - Other headliner is the only place for them really. I'd like them in the John Peel just because of the disco ball, but that is the wrong place for them.  I wish in 2016 they had headlined the Park so that they could progress to the Other.  Also - it must be remembered that the Other stage was pretty dead for a headliner. They are quite niche.  

I have big regrets about that gig - I wanted to be in the pit, but a mate's GF was too scared to go in there so I stayed with them further back.  Should have cut the dead weight and gone to where the real party was at.  Will never forgive myself, so yeah. I want them back and I want to hear how do you sleep? Then I'll be happy.

16 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I reckon it'll be back atop the other in a couple of years with album 5. Part of me would like to keep that 2016 show special, and have them play another stage next time they're back, but they seemed to ride that reunion hype wave for a good 3 year cycle with not much dip. If they come back with another album and the interest is still there, Other headliner could be the only place to put them. Pyramid sub could be possible, but I think they'll ask for the longest possible set they can get, and their show demands to be the main event of the day, you can't send another band on to follow that.

This.

Yeah defo don't think it's impossible for their stock to have dropped in a few years' time, and for them to headline West Holts. Not necessarily predicting it but I think that's more likely than them getting the same slot again. They certainly ain't subbing the Pyramid, or at least I hope not anyway.

Damn. Torn to pieces on this one. 2016 was one of the greatest sets of all time. Should we just leave the memory alone?

Some kind of secret set/unannounced collaboration with Hot Chip would be ace. Get Hot Chip headlining West Holts or John Peel and have James and Nancy trot out for a few LCD tunes!

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Some kind of secret set/unannounced collaboration with Hot Chip would be ace. Get Hot Chip headlining West Holts or John Peel and have James and Nancy trot out for a few LCD tunes!

This is the dream in 2019.

2016 was a Glastonbury I missed so I’m gutted to read LCD had a blinder 

32 minutes ago, jparx said:

To me, Hot Chip have a similar problem to LCD now, they've backed themselves into a corner by putting in one of the greatest sets the farm's ever seen back in 2015. Where is there to go from here?

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

To me, Hot Chip have a similar problem to LCD now, they've backed themselves into a corner by putting in one of the greatest sets the farm's ever seen back in 2015. Where is there to go from here?

Yes I concur. 

I’m a risk taker though so I’m prepared to give them another shot. Although if they are lined up on anywhere other than West Holts, it is going to disappoint me.

36 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’ve seen Chemical Brothers headline The Other 3 times and each time it was sensational. 

No reason Hot Chip and LCD can’t replicate their triumphant turns for a new audience. 

Exactly. And even if they didn't quite hit the heights, it'd still be great and a much better prospect than not having them there at all! 

13 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

They released it a couple of weeks ago and didn't tell anyone. Directed by Rian Johnson, just to make doubly-sure no weird manbabies get into them.

I’m not familiar with Rian Jonhson’s work but I see from google that he has an impressive resume.

Plus he can play the banjo and that’s pretty cool ?

Great video.

22 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

They released it a couple of weeks ago and didn't tell anyone. Directed by Rian Johnson, just to make doubly-sure no weird manbabies get into them.

Video did not explain Sissy Spacek's backstory AT ALL, what a slap in the face to the real fans

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

Exactly. And even if they didn't quite hit the heights, it'd still be great and a much better prospect than not having them there at all! 

Yep. A 9/10 LCD or Hot Chip is a better prospect than a hell of a lot of acts out there.