LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

the weirdest thing about that youtube version of All My Friends is where it's edited so he sings;

"You spend the next 10 years trying to get with the plan / and the next 10 days trying to be polite"

but on the iPlayer he sings "the next 10 fuckers who are trying to be polite". 

I had to check because I was sure he sang it right on the night, just seems like a weird way of hiding swearing. 

Edited by mynameismatt

Chose EWF instead of these. Partly because I wanted to stay with my crowd, partly because I'd had a few dud reviews from the group who'd seen them before. 

I wish I hadn't read this thread now. EWF were tight enough and I had a good time but this sounds like it was on another level.

I only really got into these about 7/8 months ago, but this was one of the best sets I've ever seen by anybody. Utterly incredible audio-visual scenes and one of the most enthusiastic and friendly crowds I've ever been in, I'm so happy I decided to give them a proper listen towards the end of last year. I'll definitely try and go when they tour here but as others have already said, there's no way it could be as good as that!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

It's still better than 97.4% of gigs you'll go to. 

This is my outlook. Yeah, it won't be as good as Glastonbury, but I'll still have the memories of the Glasto set and it'll still be 100x better than anything else I'd be doing that night.

My mate saw them at Primavera this Summer and said it was the best moment of his life so a non-Glasto LCD gig can't be that bad :P

19 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

This is my outlook. Yeah, it won't be as good as Glastonbury, but I'll still have the memories of the Glasto set and it'll still be 100x better than anything else I'd be doing that night.

My mate saw them at Primavera this Summer and said it was the best moment of his life so a non-Glasto LCD gig can't be that bad :P

Saw them twice at Primavera and the club show was one of my favorite concerts in a long long long time. 

I haven't been able to bring myself to look at this thread much since watching Coldplay instead of LCD. I'm on the brink of buying tickets to see them at Lovebox, are many people from here going to that?

Now I see mention of a tour in their own right in the Autumn and now I'm questioning whether to go to Victoria Park or not. Surely their own gig will be better (and cheaper). It'll be a £100 day on train and ticket alone before I walk into the festival, I can afford it but not sure if I can justify it (Jungle and George are big bonuses for me). 

Oh the decisions...

18 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I haven't been able to bring myself to look at this thread much since watching Coldplay instead of LCD. I'm on the brink of buying tickets to see them at Lovebox, are many people from here going to that?

Now I see mention of a tour in their own right in the Autumn and now I'm questioning whether to go to Victoria Park or not. Surely their own gig will be better (and cheaper). It'll be a £100 day on train and ticket alone before I walk into the festival, I can afford it but not sure if I can justify it (Jungle and George are big bonuses for me). 

Oh the decisions...

I can't make Lovebox but if I could I would without a shadow of a doubt (and I would also go to see LCD on their tour).  Big part of that is that I could also see Kiasmos at Lovebox though who weren't at Glasto and are seriously special.  (And George Fitzgerald is there, Rival Consoles and one or two others!)

22 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Oh the decisions...

Oh do it.. You know the answer.  

I've been offered a free latitude ticket and considering giving up that for a chance to relive the glasto set at love box!!  

And maybe catch sigur Ros the next day as well! 

3 hours ago, Chawk said:

Tempting to try and twix into TITP this Sunday for LCD, I don't know the new site at all though so would be tricky :ph34r:

Dress up as a cash machine, wait around for a couple of ours and you'll probably find yourself in the camp site.

On 02/07/2016 at 2:45 PM, Badlands said:

Chose EWF instead of these. Partly because I wanted to stay with my crowd, partly because I'd had a few dud reviews from the group who'd seen them before. 

I wish I hadn't read this thread now. EWF were tight enough and I had a good time but this sounds like it was on another level.

I get the impression from what's been said on here and what I've watched that it was difficult to go wrong on the Sunday night. Whatever you went to, you were going to miss other great sets but see something great yourself.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I get the impression from what's been said on here and what I've watched that it was difficult to go wrong on the Sunday night. Whatever you went to, you were going to miss other great sets but see something great yourself.

yep, in contrast to the last couple of years where i've basically settled for an act, i had a few things i could've gone to and had a great time at on the Sunday. just watched the highlights and both EW&F and Grimes looked like great fun