LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

53 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

Absolutely incredible gig. The songs, the performance and the staging was also simplistic brilliance. Shame the disco ball didn't descend again, as it was stunning. (Also, I think New York I Love you should have been binned but there we go). So glad they didn't disappoint. The crowd were also incredible, so friendly and euphoric. 

Then you'll love the BBC coverage.

I've just watched the set back again and it was fucking great wasn't it. The headliners I seen this year just proves the point to me that the Pyramid headline slots don't mean an awful lot. I will remember the Underworld, New Order and LCD sets forever. Out of the 4 years I have been, this has definitely been my favourite full set of headliners. 

I was laughing because I watched the Jake Bugg set out of interest (I read that he played to a half empty John Peel tent) and he commented a few songs "I appreciate you coming out when you could have been watching Coldplay - or EWAF which is what I'd rather be seeing". Fair enough comment if LCD weren't on the Other Stage. His set was fucking shite as well. He hasn't improved his show at all, no stage presence, no interaction and looked bored as fuck.

I've never been massively bothered about New York but loved it live - a highlight for me, too.

I'm still constantly thinking about this set. Will definitely want to see the band again but I highly doubt those perfect set of circumstances can ever be beaten. 

5 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I've just watched the set back again and it was fucking great wasn't it. The headliners I seen this year just proves the point to me that the Pyramid headline slots don't mean an awful lot. I will remember the Underworld, New Order and LCD sets forever. Out of the 4 years I have been, this has definitely been my favourite full set of headliners. 

I was laughing because I watched the Jake Bugg set out of interest (I read that he played to a half empty John Peel tent) and he commented a few songs "I appreciate you coming out when you could have been watching Coldplay - or EWAF which is what I'd rather be seeing". Fair enough comment if LCD weren't on the Other Stage. His set was fucking shite as well. He hasn't improved his show at all, no stage presence, no interaction and looked bored as fuck.

I know what you mean about the Pyramid.  I was way too cool for school this year, since I didn't see a single act at the Pyramid this year.  Not one! Not that I was turning my nose up at it, I love the bloody stage, just nobody on there I wanted to see that didn't clash.  I know some people often don't see anyone at The Park Stage and in 2014, I didn't even see anyone on W Holts.  The place is just so damn big, was bound to happen eventually, still felt funny - first time in 12 festivals.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I know what you mean about the Pyramid.  I was way too cool for school this year, since I didn't see a single act at the Pyramid this year.  Not one! Not that I was turning my nose up at it, I love the bloody stage, just nobody on there I wanted to see that didn't clash.  I know some people often don't see anyone at The Park Stage and in 2014, I didn't even see anyone on W Holts.  The place is just so damn big, was bound to happen eventually, still felt funny - first time in 12 festivals.

I don't understand why people get so worked up about it. You would have to have a pretty limited taste in music if the only people you are likely to enjoy as a headliner could play on the Pyramid. I can only really think of The Stone Roses and Radiohead for next year who are looking like half decent bets who I could see there. I will be just as happy going to all different stages if they give me anywhere near the quality I got this year.

I'm still mind blown by Underworld, in the way that lots of people are by LCD. It's when you're willing someone to absolutely smash it, and it felt like the long awaited comeback that was better than I even expected. 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Was it? Gone on the set I downloaded from the Beeb. What a funny thing to edit out.

yeah we watched the whole thing unedited.  it was a BBC show too - i dunno what they showed on tv or what was on iplayer.  i wish i'd downloaded it now!

edit - it was here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC365pLAvfU

Edited by fatyeti24

9 hours ago, big__phil said:

What a set, absolutely loved it. Big old sing-song, and a really friendly crowd. Some smashed bloke next to me gave me a balloon with an LED in it just before they started, and although the balloon is long gone, the LED is still shining!

Were you just to the left side of the stage by any chance?

31 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

You know, I don't think I even want to see them at one of their own shows. That Glastonbury set was one of those moments where everything just seemed to come together in such a perfect way that I really can't imagine it happening again, especially if I go looking for it at their own tour.

I kind of feel the same. It was perfect. Sure there were a couple more songs I'd like to have seen, and by the time they tour there may even be a new albums worth of material, but I can't help but feel like it'd be a disappointment in comparison to Glastonbury, especially just a few months later

But all that said I know I'll be scrambling for tickets when they're announced

I'm only interested in going to see them at one of their own shows because it's going to be the Barrowlands. Being from Glasgow it's the one place you always want to see a band, I've been to some of the best gigs of my life in their, so to see LCD there would be a dream come true