LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

I love reading the comments on here.

Often when you leave a show like that it's hard to gather your thoughts on it, especially after seeing so many shows/being to so many festivals. That was one of those shows where the second the last note was played, I was certain I'd just seen the greatest festival set in my experience. Reading the comments here just reinforces how special it was.

I can't see much topping that. Even if Radiohead headline next year, I don't think the crowd will have the same energy and enthusiasm. 

This is likely to be the best show I'll ever see at Glastonbury.

When I was a stupid child with little to no sense I opted to see the shambolic Guns n Roses over them at Reading in 2010 (for fuck sake) and regretted it ever since. (Well, I say child, I was 18/19. But I feel like one looking back).

When I saw they were added to this year's line-up I honestly couldn't have cared if I saw nothing all weekend and waited for them. My entire weekend was built up to seeing them close my festival.

I was there. In 2016.  I was there at the LCD Soundsystem show. I'm losing my edge.

Edited by rpfranks

I'd originally hoped they'd play the Friday night as I knew that's when me and my mates would have had the most energy and it would have been an amazing way to start the festival. As it was, and much like last year with the Chems, it fell on the Sunday night when we'd all been on it since Wednesday and were shattered from making our way through the mud since then. Thankfully, again like last year, it was the perfect act to bring us back to life. It ensured the festival didn't end on a damp squib and unlike Underworld on Friday I can remember every moment of it as I wasn't completely out my mind. 

Everything kinda came together for it.

On 6/29/2016 at 6:02 PM, ghostdancer1 said:

me too. Home is my favourite song, not just from them but of all-time from anyone. was very sad that they dropped it from the setlist after playing it at all the gigs leading up to Glastonbury. presumably it was for time reasons as they didn't replace it with anything else in the setlist.

Think it was, as they had the countdown clock on stage so they knew how much they could fit in. Thought that counting down to zero during 'All my friends' was special in its own way. Added to that euphoric climax and also the song's nostalgic sense of youth drifting away.

Barrowlands seems a bit small for them at 2k capacity. Wonder where they'll play in Manchester, I'm hoping for the Apollo rather than the Academy.

Also, what is it about Home so many people seem to love? It's one of the very few LCD songs I don't truly get. Like, it's good, but just good for me. Not saying any of you are wrong to have it as one of your favourites as it seems I'm in the minority not having it up there.

7 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

I deal with booking agents on a daily basis just something I've heard through the grapevine. Will try confirm it if I can 

Excellent, much appreciated mate.

6 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Barrowlands seems a bit small for them at 2k capacity. Wonder where they'll play in Manchester, I'm hoping for the Apollo rather than the Academy.

Barrowlands has got a habit of booking these special event type shows. Tickets are like gold dust as you'd imagine but if you can get in it's unbelievable. 

They were brilliant. Need to watch it back again. Watched loads of sets I never went to and went to since I got back. Underworld, NO and LCD will take some beating for me as far as headliners go.

Made friends with some Glasgow folk on Saturday night, and watched LCD with them on Sunday, would be a great chance for a reunion if the rumours are true. And I'd finally get to go to the Barrowlands!

6 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Ah nice, who have they had in the past?

Biggest one was Oasis. They recorded one of their live DVDs in there. Also had the Libertines in 2014 after they got back together. Hot Chip last year was also pretty rammed. 

Their bread and butter bookings are the much smaller act but every so often they pull something out of the bag. That's why LCD wouldn't surprise me.