LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

When I discovered the lovely back from the dead t-shirts at the Other merch stand, the mediums had all gone. If anybody has a link for them online, I'd really appreciate it, especially as my This Is Happening tour t-shirt was written off by the mud on Wednesday :(

was probably about 10 from the front for the set (friends had got their a little earlier and were 4 from the front) and was stood next to an older chap and a group of early 20's lads, one of which was so smashed by the middle of the set he started to really grind on a few people in front of him and got a bit confrontational - hope this didn't spoil what was a magical set for anyone...

worst of it all is that said drunk guy won't remember a thing of the set..

9 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

When I discovered the lovely back from the dead t-shirts at the Other merch stand, the mediums had all gone. If anybody has a link for them online, I'd really appreciate it, especially as my This Is Happening tour t-shirt was written off by the mud on Wednesday :(

I didn't see these! Would definitely have got one. 

10 hours ago, ilovelanegan said:

Yep. Just in front of the barrier, centre stage. It got tiresome...

Yep know who you mean, they were beyond annoying . Was stuck directly behind them at the very start but thankfully eased my way past them. There wouldn't have been anyway for them to ruin that set though! :D

Yep defo my favourite set of the weekend (or at least on a par with Sigur Ros) - was front left-ish (in front of the big silver flight cases they had on the left side of the stage), but on the barrier - was a couple of rows back for PJ which was also amazing - didn't really look back to see what the crowd was like...

I very nearly lost my shit when the disco ball lit up at the start - probably my no.1 moment of this years festival!

There was one girl who pushed her way to the barrier to meet friends I assume about half way through who was so out of it.... - the security tried a couple of times to take her out for her own safety, but her mates wouldn't let her go

Got absolutely nothing to complain about being off yer head at a festival and enjoying the moment, but she was flailing her arms about screaming so much and smacked both me and my other half in the face more than a few times (not intentionally I should add...no malice at all) - in the end though I think her bf (or mate) realised that we weren't that cheery about it (fine for the first couple of times....then it gets a little annoying - god....I am getting old aren't I!) and he started really trying to stop her - but I think this only egged her on a bit more - I think at one point she was going to try and rush the stage :D - was tempted to help her over :P

2 hours ago, willsnewman said:

Oh man when they first lit the disco ball.

I want to be back there! Can't wait for a potential Barrowlands appearance.

Yup like I said - nearly lost my shit at that point and I was stone-cold sober!

Barrowlands would be EPIC - I hope they do gigs on that scale if/when they do a tour! As long as its not one of "those" ..."Full UK Tours" and no Scottish dates!

Edited by pauladam
Adding further comment

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I didn't realise these were a thing..hoping they're on sale at T in The Park next week. I always miss the good merch, was gutted when Reading sold out of the Alexisonfire reunion tee's

Well I'm no fan of this band but this gig was nothing short of sensational! Utterly perfect for the frame of mind I was in at the time. 

The crowd was up there with the flaming lips crowd from a few years back. So happy I was persuaded to give them a chance. Euphoric stuff.

• Upvote 8

Just joined this site to post about LCD at Glastonbury as some sort of therapy for my first ever Glastonbury comedown. I have been to a log of gigs over the last 20 years all over the World but LCD Soundsystem on the Other Stage with so many amazing like minded people beats anything I have ever experienced. Thank you all for helping make it truly unforgettable  :thankyou:

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Morgs74 said:

As much as I love LCD and as much as I enjoyed their set, I couldn't help but walk away devastated they didn't play Home.

Nearly broke into tears watching All My Friends back earlier though...

me too. Home is my favourite song, not just from them but of all-time from anyone. was very sad that they dropped it from the setlist after playing it at all the gigs leading up to Glastonbury. presumably it was for time reasons as they didn't replace it with anything else in the setlist.

heard them play it on the 2010 tour and will see them at Electric Picnic in September, but it would have perfectly capped off the week for me if they had played it.

I didnt really know their music and only really went as my better half wanted to see them but was blown away by their set and their energy - I have them down as the best band I saw all weekend. This more than made up by my disappointment with New Order whose set we ended up walking away although it appears to have improved after we left going by comments in other threads

2 hours ago, geordieandy said:

Just joined this site to post about LCD at Glastonbury as some sort of therapy for my first ever Glastonbury comedown. I have been to a log of gigs over the last 20 years all over the World but LCD Soundsystem on the Other Stage with so many amazing like minded people beats anything I have ever experienced. Thank you all for helping make it truly unforgettable  :thankyou:

Wow. thats pretty incredible..

For me, it was definitely up there but Pulp at the Park stage will take some beating!

On 29/6/2016 at 1:24 AM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

if you know anyone going to Lovebox, maybe they could pick one up for you?

I'd echo the comments from most here - I've seen a fair bit of live music in my time, but LCD on Sunday night topped everything by a country mile. Amazing. 

I went on my own as all my mates went to Coldplay, but the crowd was so good it didn't matter a jot. I was quite close to the front, maybe 10-15 people from the rail, so not sure what it was like further back - glad I got there early to get that spot!

It really was utter perfection from start to finish, surely it's got to go down as one of the legendary sets that gets talked about for years to come? Here's a nice picture I took...

IMG_0808.JPG

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, pauladam said:

Yup like I said - nearly lost my shit at that point and I was stone-cold sober!

Barrowlands would be EPIC - I hope they do gigs on that scale if/when they do a tour! As long as its not one of "those" ..."Full UK Tours" and no Scottish dates!

I've seen them twice at the barrowlands and this blew them out the water, utterly incredible!

the first time we saw them, James mentioned that it's the only venue in Glasgow they'll play and would just add extra nights if the demand was there.

hope he stays true to his word

• Upvote 1

I took a few videos of the set and only a couple of pictures, one of which is below but to be honest I wanted to be fully into the gig so didn't get my phone out much unlike some who looked like they were trying to record the whole thing!

160626-IMG_20160626_215238 (Large).jpg

Edited by geordieandy
Spacing

43 minutes ago, geordieandy said:

Here is a clip from the end of the gig for you I took...

Great video! Love it that people have got Coldplay bands on!

We sort of saw LCD Soundsystem... there was so much mud in front of the bar to the left side of the Other Stage that it was completely empty so we just perched there enjoying endless cold beers. Was fantastic. Hilariously some girl emerged from the crowd with her boob hanging out and ordered a drink completely oblivious to her boob situation. Until the bar man very politely told her she might want to pull her top up.