LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

I spent so long wishing they wouldn't clash with Underworld (phew), that I totally overlooked the possibility of them clashing with EW&F... which they are! 

I hate splitting sets, but I may have to leave towards the end of LCD, just to catch a few songs (hopefully an encore of Let's Groove, September or Boogie Wonderland) by EW&F. At least it's not too far from the Other to West Holts.

7 minutes ago, LeeGalvin said:

I spent so long wishing they wouldn't clash with Underworld (phew), that I totally overlooked the possibility of them clashing with EW&F... which they are! 

I hate splitting sets, but I may have to leave towards the end of LCD, just to catch a few songs (hopefully an encore of Let's Groove, September or Boogie Wonderland) by EW&F. At least it's not too far from the Other to West Holts.

You're gonna miss All My Friends?

41 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Anyone else underwhelmed at the lack of new stuff?

nah. thought it was pretty obvious that they were gonna do a 'greatest hits' tour this summer, release album end of the year/start of next and then tour the new material afterwards. plus i never got to see them before and their current setlists are pretty perfect so i'm happy

Just now, eastynh said:

Be careful what you wish for as you could end up holding hands and building walls.

True. haha.

But Brownie didnt send a detailed memo out stating as much in justification to fans shafted by "final" gig bullshite 5 years ago.

2 hours ago, Divein said:

Not just me who thinks Formation sound like LCD.

i was going to mention them in Thai thread and say they're playing WOW on Thursday night if you like that sort of thing 

ahh Cool I might catch them if I'm nearby

I'm just watching LCD live videos on YouTube, and on the All My Friends vid from Glastonbury (which no doubt we've all seen a million times), towards the end there's a shot from the back of the stage of Murphy singing "To tell the truth..." There's the most glorious sunset you've ever seen. I'm having an emotional breakdown watching it. It's perfection.

getting a tad concerned reading people's views of All My Friends.  a good song no doubt (though far from my favourite), it stays just the right side of mawkish sentimentality, but come on you lot, pull yourselves together, all your tears are going to ruin it for everyone.  just as well this gig is on the sunday, as a friday appearance would have fucked the ground worse than all the thunderstorms and Adele tunes combined.

it's all getting a bit cringey :P 

Posted this in the ghost town that is the Lovebox thread too but might be more useful here:

FYI for those on O2 Priority you can get 2 for 1 Lovebox tickets until tomorrow - pretty good deal. We were only going to go for the Sunday but I've gone for this anyway as crazily one weekend ticket still works out cheaper than buying two day tickets! Will be nice to wander over on Friday after work too, although I've no idea about anyone on the bill besides Major Lazer and Run The Jewels. Both of whom I've seen before and might do again.

So excited that I'm now officially seeing LCD! It's been too long... Also the food options look pretty wicked.