LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

Al Doyle definitely is in the current incarnation of LCD Soundsystem.

The thing is he wouldnt be forced to appear in a Hot Chip DJ set as these are often just 2 or 3 of the band. any of them could dj, so it could be felix, Joe Goddard, Alexis etc and not Al Doyle

therefore it is still possible LCD play friday night, altho i note the alleged inside info about sunday above.

Al is usually the one that does it though isn't he? (e: actually from checking vids, it's equally likely to be Felix or Alexis)

that said, Other headliner will be over by 23:45. 00:30 is plenty do-able, and DJ on Genosys often don't even start on time from my experience last year. if it's 2+ of them, they could always start without him too.

Edited by ghostdancer1

8 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Al Doyle definitely is in the current incarnation of LCD Soundsystem.

The thing is he wouldnt be forced to appear in a Hot Chip DJ set as these are often just 2 or 3 of the band. any of them could dj, so it could be felix, Joe Goddard, Alexis etc and not Al Doyle

therefore it is still possible LCD play friday night, altho i note the alleged inside info about sunday above.

Aye the Al Doyle thing doesn't mean much but this info along with Loaded's Disclosure bit* is certainly making it look like LCD are more likely for the Sunday. Would make my festival 

*i realise the Disclosure info also comes with BMTH headlining, but Neil finding out that the guy who wrote it wasn't at all as sure about BMTH headlining as he was Disclosure and New Order is quite telling I thought (paraphrasing a bit there but it was something like that)

Edited by FloorFiller

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye the Al Doyle thing doesn't mean much but this info along with Loaded's Disclosure bit* is certainly making it look like LCD are more likely for the Sunday. Would make my festival 

*i realise the Disclosure info also comes with BMTH headlining, but Neil finding out that the guy who wrote it wasn't at all as sure about BMTH headlining as he was Disclosure and New Order is quite telling I thought (paraphrasing a bit there but it was something like that)

I see it more like Al is quite possibly DJing in Block9 late on Friday night, so there's a good chance he's there earlier in the evening with LCD too, rather than DJing on Friday night then hanging around until Sunday night to play a gig.

Neil's info had LCD on Friday, with BMTH on the Other on Sunday (can't remember if his info was that they were headlining though)

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I see it more like Al is quite possibly DJing in Block9 late on Friday night, so there's a good chance he's there earlier in the evening with LCD too, rather than DJing on Friday night then hanging around until Sunday night to play a gig.

Neil's info had LCD on Friday, with BMTH on the Other on Sunday (can't remember if his info was that they were headlining though)

Take your perfectly reasonable conclusion and shove it!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You've done right.  My mate regretted it.  Should have seen his face.

Mounted in a glass-fronted box frame with one sleeve / pill tray pulled slightly further out than the other is the way forward.

5 hours ago, mini-macc said:

Hot Chip Remembers Prince - 1230am on Friday

Could this be the piece that points LCD to a different spot from Fri other headliner as Al Doyle would likely be there for the above?

Or is it 1+1=9

I think this makes it more likely that LCD will be there on the Friday

I'm in two minds over whether LCD on Friday would be best, if I get a ticket.

On the one hand, if we wait until the weekend, we can miss the best things to do. But if we wait until the weekend, we can make our bad dreams come true.

So it's a quandary.

Edited by Simpo
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, bocumaroy said:

seems i'm in the minority in preferring LCD played the friday to free up the following two nights for new order and grimes. are they too big for west holts? 

No, because Grimes may not clash if they headline Sunday, and all the cool kids are seeing her at Latitude anyway.

Friday night Sigur Ros, Sunday night EitS > Philip Glass' Bowie thing, Sunday night LCD Soundsystem is peak Glastonbury, does the incredible feat of beating my trio from last year (Hot Chip/Kanye/FlyLo).