LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

ooh i remember looking at that at the time and not being able to afford it.  were they on 3 inch cds, one song each or something sexy like that?

That's the ones. Very sexy indeed.

3 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

The Mrs has decided she isn't as arsed about Earth, Wind & Fire as she first thought. I can sense an opportunity.

Sunday please.

yeah i'd be perfectly happy watching Earth Wind & Fire if they're the only act to appeal to me on the Sunday, but if LCD are the Sunday then it's no contest at all! LCD for Sunday!

Edited by FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah i'd be perfectly happy watching Earth Wind & Fire if those are the only act to appeal to me on the Sunday, but if LCD are the Sunday then it's no contest at all! LCD for Sunday!

I had already insisted on Underworld and New Order, no matter who else is playing, so I accepted Sunday would be out of my hands. She asked me to download EWF greatest hits and decided she's not as bothered as she thought she would be apart from a handful of songs. I would happily go, but LCD would be bloody great considering I gave up hope.

2 minutes ago, mario man said:

What's the chances of Sunday then? Slim?

Neil had info that they were headlining Other on the Friday, but Loaded had info that Disclosure were in that slot. they also mentioned that Bring Me The Horizon were headlining it on the Sunday, but Neil found out that the writer of the article wasn't 100% on that one (i think?) so LCD are hopefully fitting in after them, otherwise I'm at a bit of a loss as to where they'll be on the lineup 

7 minutes ago, mario man said:

What's the chances of Sunday then? Slim?

Depends when Disclosure are playing. If Disclosure are playing Friday it's extremely likely, if Disclosure are playing Saturday it's practically non-existent. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Neil had info that they were headlining Other on the Friday, but Loaded had info that Disclosure were in that slot. they also mentioned that Bring Me The Horizon were headlining it on the Sunday, but Neil found out that the writer of the article wasn't 100% on that one (i think?) so LCD are hopefully fitting in after them, otherwise I'm at a bit of a loss as to where they'll be on the lineup 

You're having it both ways there ain't ya? Loaded correct about Disclosure but incorrect about BMTH?

I do honestly think there's more chance of LCD subbing the Other than BMTH, but I still think they'll both headline that stage.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You're having it both ways there ain't ya? Loaded correct about Disclosure but incorrect about BMTH?

I do honestly think there's more chance of LCD subbing the Other than BMTH, but I still think they'll both headline that stage.

i THINK (though i may be misremembering) that Neil heard that the guy who wrote it was specifically unsure about BMTH headlining (and had just assumed due to all the press on them appearing) but confident on both Disclosure and New Order, which is why Disclosure, New Order and LCD seems the most likely outcome of those 4 acts appearing. LCD subbing Other doesn't at all seem likely to me, although BMTH subbing also seems a little off

edit: nothing stopping LCD and Disclosure being the other way round though of course - i'm just really hoping that isn't the case

Edited by FloorFiller

How about Disclosure and BMTH just bugger off to another farm, and Radiohead sub Saturday night with a festival friendly setlist with a few new songs thrown in, followed by New Order rounding off the night with a lovely set, and one of the best encores a band could wish for, then LCD close the Other Stage on Sunday? Please.

4 minutes ago, mario man said:

There seems to be this large group of people that want to see both Underworld & LCD & I'm one of them. Would be a typical glasto move to put them on at the same time!

Friday - Underworld, Foals, James and whatever else the day throws at me

Saturday - New Order, Radiohead, The Last Shadow Puppets, Madness, and whatever else  the day throws at me

Sunday - LCD, ELO, and whatever else the day throws at me

That is the basis of a great festival for me. There's me £230 paid back with interest. I can't wait.

2 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

There was specific info about Disclosure headlining the Other on Friday with Bastille below them, remember. 

aye that too. so far i don't think there's actually been any solid info that BMTH are headlining - just people assuming due to them being about the right size to do it even though it's a different kind of booking than usual

5 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

*waits for somebody to bring up the Disclosure's 'biggest show' comment*

:P

Wasn't that debunked as it looks like they were talking about the scale of the show itself rather than their place on the bill?

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Wasn't that debunked as it looks like they were talking about the scale of the show itself rather than their place on the bill?

The 'scale of the show' interpretation makes the most sense for me, I just wanted to add an extra card to the table :lol:

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

aye that too. so far i don't think there's actually been any solid info that BMTH are headlining - just people assuming due to them being about the right size to do it even though it's a different kind of booking than usual

I think Neil has solid info that they're playing the Other Stage, and I'd completely forgotten but pastorofmuppets just brought back that tidbit that Oli Sykes said BMTH were up against Coldplay at Glastonbury. I would assume he's not talking about the ten minute overlap either, before someone says. :P

Isn't Jake Bugg on the Sunday as well? It's a sad state of affairs if Coldplay, BMTH and Jake Bugg are headlining 3 of the main stages on Sunday night, when you look at the potential clashes on the other nights.

50 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

edit: nothing stopping LCD and Disclosure being the other way round though of course - i'm just really hoping that isn't the case

The way all the info adds together makes me think Disclosure Friday and LCD Sunday is more likely. If Loaded are saying Disclosure/New Order/BMTH then I wouldn't be surprised if either they know those three are playing it on separate nights and assumed they're headlining it, or those three were the headliners and LCD then became available and were added above BMTH. Or even LCD/BMTH is a co-headline jobby and once they'd heard BMTH were a Sunday headliner they assumed that was it.

Then as mentioned above we also have the Bastille subbing Disclosure info.

Would be interesting to know if @eFestivals' LCD info was specific to Friday or he just heard they were headlining Other and assumed Friday as he already had New Order and BMTH down for the other two days? By the way he told it I'd assume it was day-specific but hopefully not.

I also think Muse vs Disclosure/Coldplay vs LCD makes way more sense than Muse vs LCD/Coldplay vs Disclosure. Muse/LCD will probably share some mid-00s alternative fans (albeit not a huge amount) and Coldplay/Disclosure will surely share a large amount of fans of current mainstream music, for whom a Disclosure/Adele/Coldplay treble would be great.

For me the order of likelihood is as follows:

1. Disclosure sub Adele, LCD Friday Other, BMTH Sunday Other

2. Radiohead sub Adele, Disclosure Friday Other, LCD Sunday Other

3. Radiohead sub Adele, LCD Friday Other, Disclosure Sunday Other

Edit: There is also most likely a massive amount hope blinding my judgement, but I do stand by all the above points.

Edited by Will-2609

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Neil has solid info that they're playing the Other Stage, and I'd completely forgotten but pastorofmuppets just brought back that tidbit that Oli Sykes said BMTH were up against Coldplay at Glastonbury. I would assume he's not talking about the ten minute overlap either, before someone says. :P

Do we have any record of him saying this? I'd never heard it until someone mentioned it in like the last week.