LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I've heard from a good source (a friend who books bands for another major festival) that LCD Soundsystem and New Order are both Other Stage headliners for Glastonbury 2016. 

Cheers for sharing. Does correlate with New Order dodging the question about headlining the Other Stage and also endswithMJ saying they'd heard LCD would be playing Glasto. Them two and BMTH or something seems like a reasonable mix and two out of three ain't bad.

Got any other festival scoops?

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

Does correlate with New Order dodging the question about headlining the Other Stage and also endswithMJ saying LCD would be playing Glasto. Them two and BMTH or something seems like a reasonable mix and two out of three ain't bad.

Got any other festival scoops?

Not much, he said the headliners will be Adele, Muse and Coldplay - but that's fairly set in stone anyway! 

Couldn't get much more out of him unfortunatly. :(

fuckkk i hope LCD are at Glastonbury. that's two separate people (i think.. or is it the same guy saying it twice!?) that have said LCD are headlining the Other now. not fussed on BMTH and New Order, but those three are a nice change from the three straightforward dance acts we had this year, and means that at least one night i'll have the option to be somewhere else other than the two main stages

if everything pans out the way we're currently thinking then we know a hell of  a lot more about next years lineup than we did about this years at this point (and pretty much right up until the lineup poster)

31 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Not much, he said the headliners will be Adele, Muse and Coldplay - but that's fairly set in stone anyway! 

Sounds to me like you got plenty out of him

I hope this is true, so much, it would make my year

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

fuckkk i hope LCD are at Glastonbury. that's two separate people (i think.. or is it the same guy saying it twice!?) that have said LCD are headlining the Other now. not fussed on BMTH and New Order, but those three are a nice change from the three straightforward dance acts we had this year, and means that at least one night i'll have the option to be somewhere else other than the two main stages

if everything pans out the way we're currently thinking then we know a hell of  a lot more about next years lineup than we did about this years at this point (and pretty much right up until the lineup poster)

Two separate people, but I don't think the other guy specified Other headliner (you would guess so, though). Other guy said Glasto and London dates here.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Two separate people, but I don't think the other guy specified Other headliner (you would guess so, though). Other guy said Glasto and London dates here.

yeah hard to imagine them anywhere but headlining Other. hopefully up against Coldplay as 1. they're the one headliner i couldn't give a fuck about and 2. finishing Glastonbury with LCD would be amazing

Some reeeeeeeeeeeal fucken pickiness going on in here with LCD tracks!

With regards to the comeback: I want it badly, but it does give me an odd feeling watching the final gig on DVD. It slightly robs something from the sense of a truly beautiful euphoric perfect ending you get when looking at the shots of the crowd.

Also: so who's seen 'em live here and who hasn't? And if you were at Glastonbury 2010 and weren't at the Other WHERE WERE YOU??????!!!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Woffy said:

With regards to the comeback: I want it badly, but it does give me an odd feeling watching the final gig on DVD. It slightly robs something from the sense of a truly beautiful euphoric perfect ending you get when looking at the shots of the crowd.

Also: so who's seen 'em live here and who hasn't? And if you were at Glastonbury 2010 and weren't at the Other WHERE WERE YOU??????!!!!!!!!! 

I saw them in 2010.  The final knockings of a very long weekend. Not even Orbital or Stevie Wonder could keep me on my feet after that, which is only a tiny regret. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

I only really got them once I'd caught them live, saw them twice at the Glasgow barrowlands and they were immense! Went out and bought everything they'd released straight after the gig.

4 hours ago, Woffy said:

I also get that feeling, I listen to the record of the Madison Square Garden show quite a bit, and watch the DVD often enough. It'll definitely take some of the sheen off them as a band that turned up, hit a perfect streak and very deliberately ended it because they were done.

And I saw them live twice, Leeds festival and the co-headline with Hot Chip tour in Manchester, both 2010.

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

What is this crazy talk? Just cos you got your ticket in October this time?

I think this is definitely a factor, who am I with a ticket in October? This isn't usual.

5 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I think this is definitely a factor, who am I with a ticket in October? This isn't usual.

This is odd, Lawn. I can only apologise I couldn't / didn't help last year due to #reallifeevents intervening.

Glad some on here have seen LCD though. I asked 'cos I was getting an inkling not many had from the posts.

I've managed to see them 3 times. More by luck than judgement.

G10 - Loved it. Did they?

Brixton Academy - Stunning. Gig seemed to go on for fucking AGES. Did it?

Wireless Festival - Grumpy. Although, culminating in Daft Punk, it was a fucking fantastic day.

22 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I've heard from a good source (a friend who books bands for another major festival) that LCD Soundsystem and New Order are both Other Stage headliners for Glastonbury 2016. 

I hope your friend is telling the truth...

22 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

now i dont know whether i want your friend to be right or not.

2 hours ago, defrio29 said:

I hope your friend is telling the truth...

now i dont know whether i want your friend to be right or not.

If their friend is right, and it is to be LCD headlining be other stage, I couldn't given a damn who the pyramid headliners are, unless Radiohead clashed(imagine even thinking that) but that won't happen 

5 hours ago, Woffy said:

This is odd, Lawn. I can only apologise I couldn't / didn't help last year due to #reallifeevents intervening.

Glad some on here have seen LCD though. I asked 'cos I was getting an inkling not many had from the posts.

I've managed to see them 3 times. More by luck than judgement.

G10 - Loved it. Did they?

Brixton Academy - Stunning. Gig seemed to go on for fucking AGES. Did it?

Wireless Festival - Grumpy. Although, culminating in Daft Punk, it was a fucking fantastic day.

Wireless festival in 2010 when they headlined was pretty damn good. Its the only time i ever saw them. It ws my second ever gig and it was magical 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I saw most of their set in 2010 and it was. ....alright. 

All My Friends is cracking, but the setlist wasn't great and no amount of nostalgia us going to make me think Pow Pow is anything other than a stinker. 

You're festive avatar is a stinker. Bring back Maz-F*

*Mariella Frostrup.

Saw them play only 3 times, '05, '07 and one of the best gigs I've ever seen in a tiny club in Dublin in 2010. Think I was at Toots when they played Glasters last.

Their denouement was so well put together that this (now likely) swift reunion does seem odd.

That said - up against Coldplay - any port in a storm.

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I saw most of their set in 2010 and it was. ....alright. 

All My Friends is cracking, but the setlist wasn't great and no amount of nostalgia us going to make me think Pow Pow is anything other than a stinker. 

The louche b-line and nonchalant echo to "Valley of the Shadows" in Pow Pow is ace.

On 12/28/2015 at 8:05 AM, Woffy said:

Actually a good question. I was at the festival in 2010 but haven't a clue what I was doing during their set. I can only assume I was passed out from the heat somewhere, though there's really no excuse. I watch bits of that show on youtube all the time. No way I'd miss it again if they do play.