LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

12 hours ago, reflekting said:

I'm sold - can anyone point me in the direction of leftover Ally Pally tickets as there don't seem to be any left for sale :(

Set up a Twickets alert. I have for a friend and loads have come up for sale the past few days as tickets are started to be sent out.

Mate who let me down for tickets in the main sale has managed to bag two tickets to the Manchester Saturday date :D so now I don't have to bludgeon him to death. Just got to sort out accommodation and pull a bunch of money out of my arse. Sigur Ros the next day as well. Gonna be a great/heavy weekend!

What's the deal with WHP and searches etc? I know security was upped after all that shit went down but is it actually as bad as it's made out to be?

Also, has any of the support been announced for this? Had a quick look and can't see anything.

1 hour ago, bocumaroy said:

What's the deal with selling on tickets, given that it says on the event page that the name needs to match ID - are people just taking a risk in the hope they don't check? 

I do have a ticket which I won't be using for the Saturday in London.

I've never been to a gig at Alexandra Palace where they have instructions to check names and photo IDs, so I'm not sure how much they will enforce it. I'm gathering they won't really check as its pretty big and can sometimes take a while to get in..

If anyone has Saturday tickets they want to shift, please let me know as I'm after 2.

Tuna presents: the first time 

When oh baby starts, and it's unmistakably LCD Soundsystem, it's wonderful. other voices is exactly what we wanted. The gnarly bassy undercurrents, the percussion rattling between my ears. i used to didn't do much for me. Especially after the grand opening. Bit plodding. change yr mind, however, does exactly as it promises, in stark contrast to the previous tune - the immediate layering of 3, 4, 5 instruments before James comes in... but then goes nowhere. The first minute of how do you sleep? - where you just know something is coming, then the vocals kick in... the atmosphere builds, the sharp strings come through, then bam! Those LCD synths. So much texture. THEN THE DRUMS; thank you based James. It sure ends abruptly though. tonite sure is instant, I'm glad there is something direct. call the police is in the right place on the album, and still bangs. american dream makes more sense here too, a nice floaty comedown. emotional haircut championing that Goo initially, and it works very well, with that signature Murphy vocal over the top. Yeah, this is good. black screen winds down beautifully.

Enjoyable - far fewer dud tracks than on This is Happening and the s/t - the record is paced really well. Can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, evilduck said:

I've never been to a gig at Alexandra Palace where they have instructions to check names and photo IDs, so I'm not sure how much they will enforce it. I'm gathering they won't really check as its pretty big and can sometimes take a while to get in..

If anyone has Saturday tickets they want to shift, please let me know as I'm after 2.

Yeah, quite possibly. I've not put mine on Twickets because I'm not sure of the liability with that sort of thing if they do check ID, but will happily let anyone on here take it off my hands. 

As I'm already quoting you, would just the one be of interest? 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Mate who let me down for tickets in the main sale has managed to bag two tickets to the Manchester Saturday date :D so now I don't have to bludgeon him to death. Just got to sort out accommodation and pull a bunch of money out of my arse. Sigur Ros the next day as well. Gonna be a great/heavy weekend!

What's the deal with WHP and searches etc? I know security was upped after all that shit went down but is it actually as bad as it's made out to be?

Also, has any of the support been announced for this? Had a quick look and can't see anything.

Joe Goddard is supporting.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

WHP offer rooms right next to the venue now, £40per person if I'm remembering right. They look quite nice, have a look on the warehouse website. Theres also a really cheap hostel about 5 mins walk away. 

As for searches, its very minimal. Theres usually a dog but i've never seen it pull anyone up. Security got a little crazy when it was at Victoria warehouse after all the trouble. I think that was more to do with the amount of people going into the venue and the police not thinking they could handle it. Now that its back at store street its a lot more relaxed. 

Joe Goddard is supporting, no word on the set times/ which djs will be on after LCD. Probably just one of the residents, or maybe a Joe Goddard DJ set. 

1 hour ago, mike86 said:

WHP offer rooms right next to the venue now, £40per person if I'm remembering right. They look quite nice, have a look on the warehouse website. Theres also a really cheap hostel about 5 mins walk away. 

As for searches, its very minimal. Theres usually a dog but i've never seen it pull anyone up. Security got a little crazy when it was at Victoria warehouse after all the trouble. I think that was more to do with the amount of people going into the venue and the police not thinking they could handle it. Now that its back at store street its a lot more relaxed. 

Joe Goddard is supporting, no word on the set times/ which djs will be on after LCD. Probably just one of the residents, or maybe a Joe Goddard DJ set. 

Do you know what the hostel you mentioned is called?

8 minutes ago, James96 said:

Do you know what the hostel you mentioned is called?

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Hatters-on-Newton-Street/Manchester/4861?dateFrom=2017-09-16&dateTo=2017-09-17&number_of_guests=1

room prices at £34. near some nice bars. 

youre probably better staying in the whp place, looks a lot nicer and only £40. 

https://www.festicket.com/festivals/whp-2017-opening-weekend-lcd-soundsystem/2017/packages/?buy=apartment

still some tickets on sale there for people that want a room + ticket. £75 for both. bargain considering the resale sites are selling tickets at £80+

I've listened to the album a few times now and it's not really doing it for me, sadly. Tonite and call the police aside, it's all a bit gloomy. It takes its cues from artists im not into. It lacks the hug-your-mates dancability of, say, get innocuous or dance yrself clean or all my friends.  There's a real absence of exuberance.  Too much shade, too little light. 

And where the fuck is all the cowbell?

Chin up, Murphy. 

3 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I've listened to the album a few times now and it's not really doing it for me, sadly. Tonite and call the police aside, it's all a bit gloomy. It takes its cues from artists im not into. It lacks the hug-your-mates dancability of, say, get innocuous or dance yrself clean or all my friends.  There's a real absence of exuberance.  Too much shade, too little light. 

And where the fuck is all the cowbell?

Chin up, Murphy. 

I love the album but agree that it's quite lacking in the big euphoria inducing songs like the ones you mentioned.

Sitting at No 2 in the midweeks.. you'd have to think it'd drop off in the second half of the week but they've never even had a Top 5 before so pretty impressive stuff regardless.

3 hours ago, ConorC said:

Arguable, but I'm talking more in terms of the layout of the song. A lot of similarities between the 2 songs imo.

dunno. the biggest thing about the structure of Pyramids is how it changes into a completely different song halfway through, there are LCD songs which do that more decisively than HDYS.