LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

That set pretty much saved the weeekend for me

I tried again with LCD after Stephen Morris praising them and saying they remind him of New Order in how they do things. Still don't get them and can't see what all the fuss is. Strange as I love most of the stuff coming off DFA records. Strange how I just can't get into them.

That Sunday was hard. Dragging myself away from the boozer on Williams Green to try and see a couple of last bands, but it was a magnificent double whammy of PJ Harvey and LCD Soundsystem. Tiny crowds for both, seemed like half the site had packed up early and given up. And, if I'd had a car, I'd have done the same. But both those acts were stunning and restored my faith in it all.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I tried again with LCD after Stephen Morris praising them and saying they remind him of New Order in how they do things. Still don't get them and can't see what all the fuss is. Strange as I love most of the stuff coming off DFA records. Strange how I just can't get into them.

I feel the same about New Order. 

LCD that night also saved the weekend for me. If I hadn't been on coach I'm not sure I would have stayed till the end but glad I did cos best gig ever for me. 

2 hours ago, dontstop said:

where did you get footage of this??? would love to watch it again.  I agree it was amazing, didn't realise it was only a small crowd at the time were i stood was rammed and i wasn't even near the front but definitely one of the most up for it crowds and best festival set I've seen ...seeing them in WHP last year was up there also btw and think i must of seen them at least 8 times now.

'Someone' might be able to assist you with that. @stuartbert two hats taps nose.....

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I feel the same about New Order. 

LCD that night also saved the weekend for me. If I hadn't been on coach I'm not sure I would have stayed till the end but glad I did cos best gig ever for me. 

I think it maybe the case that when they were at their peak, I was into other things then. I was djing and all my musical endevours were taken up by that pursuit.

Then when I stopped djing and started listening for pleasure so to speak, their time had been and gone. Plus I do not know a single person who liked them.

I started doing some digging and catching up on stuff I had missed out on. For some strange reason I absolutely fell in love with Hot Chip but was left cold by LCD. Have tried and tried as on paper I should love them, yet sadly I just can't get into them.

Just now, eastynh said:

I think it maybe the case that when they were at their peak, I was into other things then. I was djing and all my musical endevours were taken up by that pursuit.

Then when I stopped djing and started listening for pleasure so to speak, their time had been and gone. Plus I do not know a single person who liked them.

I started doing some digging and catching up on stuff I had missed out on. For some strange reason I absolutely fell in love with Hot Chip but was left cold by LCD. Have tried and tried as on paper I should love them, yet sadly I just can't get into them.

See I'm not that into Hot Chip, they're good but they don't get me in the feels like LCD. Funny how music affects you differently. 

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Why's everyone saying they'd have gone home early in 2016? All I remember is a bit of rain during ELO - not even loads of it. Am I missing something?

The mud finished me off exhaustion wise and missed a lot of acts cos I couldn't be arsed moving from whatever seat I was in. This is coupled with a medical condition that means I'm more prone to fatigue and chronic pain from over exerting myself. Still glad I stayed, it was a great time just tiring to a new level. 

Just now, H.M.V said:

The mud finished me off exhaustion wise and missed a lot of acts cos I couldn't be arsed moving from whatever seat I was in. This is coupled with a medical condition that means I'm more prone to fatigue and chronic pain from over exerting myself. Still glad I stayed, it was a great time just tiring to a new level. 

Oh yeah I forgot that was the year of the super mud and faking 1000 hours to get in on the coach. Was pretty annoying at times.

Just now, Mardy said:

Of our party, a good 70% had gone home early on the Sunday. Very few of us left. That mud was a fucking killer.

Did not stop me busting shapes to NO or Shades of Rhythm. No one came anywhere near me like as mud was flying in all directions. No idea how I stayed upright.

On 10/10/2018 at 3:45 PM, Odessa said:

Yeah defo don't think it's impossible for their stock to have dropped in a few years' time, and for them to headline West Holts. Not necessarily predicting it but I think that's more likely than them getting the same slot again. They certainly ain't subbing the Pyramid, or at least I hope not anyway.

I don't think you even need to consider their stock to have dropped to book them on W Holts. On an artistic level, it's impossible to regard that booking as a failure, since it's one of the finest musical experiences of my life, but... If your concern is to ensure an even spread of the crowd across the site, you'd have to conclude they were misbooked. I've never seen the back of that field so empty for a headliner.

That's partly because there was nobody standing on the edge hardly listening - every single person was all in! But still, there was so much empty space, it makes me think W Holts would have been the better venue. Book 'em for Jazzworld I say :D

Its a tough call but I'd peg 2016 as my favourite Glastonbury. It'd been an incredible weekend up until that point, but I was outrageously excited for LCD to finish it all off. By all rights it should've been impossible for them to meet my expectations, but there was no way I could ever have expected it to be as good as it actually was. It was so special.

9 hours ago, Mardy said:

That set pretty much saved the weeekend for me

Been to 10 Glastonburys now and I think it's the best gig I've seen at the festival. Crowd, setlist, atmosphere... Most had gone home or were at Coldplay and there was this group of people having a defiant party. Nobody in that field seemed to be regretting it.

That clock counting down on stage too. The wristbands people had for the Coldplay set even though they hadn't gone. The dancing and singing.

It was magical.

Edited by strummer77