LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Agreed, that encore was fantastic! Really good venue too, missed The xx gigs there last year but the sound both tonight and for Belle & Sebastian on Friday was great.

It really is a fantastic venue 

How thorough are they with these ID checks/names printed on tickets?

We bought 4 on twickets for Manchester a couple of months back, also the seller has sent me a copy of his drivers license just in case. Is that gonna be enough or are we gonna struggle?

Have been to gigs before where this hasn't been too much of an issue - would be gutted to get to the entrance and not be let in!

2 minutes ago, ConorC said:

How thorough are they with these ID checks/names printed on tickets?

We bought 4 on twickets for Manchester a couple of months back, also the seller has sent me a copy of his drivers license just in case. Is that gonna be enough or are we gonna struggle?

Have been to gigs before where this hasn't been too much of an issue - would be gutted to get to the entrance and not be let in!

Print out proof that you got it off Twickets. LCD are a partner of Twickets so it’d be weird if you couldn’t get in despite using their preferred ticket exchange.

Ridiculously excited for tonight. Finished uni (which I've hated) for good yesterday, not really a better way to celebrate than seeing the best live band of all. Going to the afterparty too.

Also, I was rewatching Derek the other day. I can't believe his cover of All My Friends passed me by the first time I watched it. :lol:

• Upvote 3

wish i was going tonight but from the moment I saw the ticket prices i resisted.

£45-£50 for this is ridiculous, in my opinion. I feel I have to take a stand against unreasonable ticket prices even though it wont make a scrap of difference, as it has sold out at that price.

Thankfully I have seen them many times before and am sure I will see them again in the future.

also the afterparty being £12-£15 on top is mad.

Edited by Memory Man

Posting at half 4 like a proper sad c**t. One of the best nights of my life. Amazing.

Spoke to Al Doyle at the after-party and asked him to explain the difference between Hot Chip DJ Set and Hot Chip Megamix. Can't remember what he said. Ofc I asked about a new Hot Chip album though and they're working on it now and it's due early next year!

3 hours ago, Odessa said:

Posting at half 4 like a proper sad c**t. One of the best nights of my life. Amazing.

Spoke to Al Doyle at the after-party and asked him to explain the difference between Hot Chip DJ Set and Hot Chip Megamix. Can't remember what he said. Ofc I asked about a new Hot Chip album though and they're working on it now and it's due early next year!

Well did you ask him about Glasto or not

I think i’d have been more up for the afterparty than the gig! Just checked the setlist and 13 out of the 16 songs they did last night they also did at WHP last time they played in manc! I think thats pretty poor from a 5 album deep band.

having said that i’d love to see the chic cover. Must trawl youtube.

34 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

I think i’d have been more up for the afterparty than the gig! Just checked the setlist and 13 out of the 16 songs they did last night they also did at WHP last time they played in manc! I think thats pretty poor from a 5 album deep band.

having said that i’d love to see the chic cover. Must trawl youtube.

Not Manchester, but still good:

I went last night after also seeing them at Galvanisers Yard in Glasgow last week.  Glasgow suffered from most of the show being in daylight, and didn't really take off until the last few songs - plus at the show I was at they had difficulty early on with equipment, which killed the early atmosphere.

Last night was several times better, bouncing from the start and massive finish, much more like the Barrowlands show I saw last year.  I do like that outdoor venue in Glasgow, but was better when the XX played in late August when it got dark earlier.

Apparently 'Daft Punk...' was on the setlist before Yr City, but was crossed out.

6 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well did you ask him about Glasto or not

"Hopefully, yeah!" Al will defo be DJing at Crows Nest too, said he missed Glastonbury a lot last year. He's the nicest feller, gave me some of the band's tequila, bloody good stuff!!

And oh my LORD what a gig! I'm afraid I can't agree that new songs are poor, I felt infinite when they played How Do You Sleep. Wow, wow, wow.

4 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

i remain absolutely baffled by Emotional Haircut, though.  Or, frankly, any of the new stuff bar Tonight, and even that's too fast! ?

I was rather surprised by Tonite, which was my least favourite LCD song but it truly went off live at Vicky Park. But, as the Lord taketh away, I didn't find How Do You Sleep to be as engaging as the monster living on the album. It's still therapeutic to see them squashing the reunion tour greatest hits and settle into being an album band again.

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I was rather surprised by Tonite, which was my least favourite LCD song but it truly went off live at Vicky Park. But, as the Lord taketh away, I didn't find How Do You Sleep to be as engaging as the monster living on the album. It's still therapeutic to see them squashing the reunion tour greatest hits and settle into being an album band again.

Yeah agreed totally on the last point.

We had seats last night, not through choice but I'm 40 anyway so it was fine, and it gave me a great view of the band in action, switching instruments, wandering on and off stage as required, often mid song.  It's nice they've found something for Nancy to do with that Chic cover.  No wonder she always looked bored ?

• Upvote 1

Based off APE if I were to criticise one track off the new album live it'd be Oh Baby, which is lovely on record but felt a tad underwhelming. Might just be a sequencing thing, you kind of need something a bit more energetic to kick things back into party mode after (the incredible) How Do You Sleep?

Edited by Mash011