LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

11 hours ago, James96 said:

I reckon Bluedot have the potential for a brilliant line up next year, definitely feel like LCD is in their ballpark with the prices they're asking for now, almost the price of R+L/Latitude. Drooling at the thought of them booking LCD and then maybe MBV if they're active.

a festival of that size doesn't have the big band budgets of the likes of Latitude, no matter what the ticket price is.

Green Man tried to book LCD in 2016. I don't think Green Man could shell out the sort of money they'd command elsewhere, but maybe Al might give James the info on it being the best festival in the world and that could swing things. I dunno, probably not. Field Day seems the most likely shout to me.

On 9/5/2017 at 8:08 PM, transcendentalplan said:

image.png.ae3e8ee2b9fbb4f169855e96a7dfebd2.png

new alternate cover just come out @thewayiam

haha....this is what it results to again because my attention couldn't be gained by constant Facebook in-boxing, friend requesting and then denying it all. Eitherway onto something more serious, one it's not America, two massive Facebook stalking dear god! and three I've lived the American dream and LCD are not it!

9 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

I see our fave is the new Morrissey now 

Hmm, probably ‘the new Billy Corgan’ really, in that his gripes are with social justice and he feels justified in validating the views of right wing tossers while not necessarily sharing their politics, as Moz does. The Fader piece was either nothing new (the thing about his views first blew up in 2015 after the Sargon of Akkad chat, I think) or it was petty trash (using 4chan or taking the piss out of shitty rappers makes him a racist) but it’s probably justified in being published bc so many seemed to not realise until now.

Still, as I said last time, he’s good at talking about music. The only time I felt his societal stance gatecrashed one of his reviews was when he ranted about Kendrick’s brother’s Israelite speech on DAMN. which apparently wasn’t connected to it being Kdot’s worst scoring album on the channel, but otherwise they don’t cross over much.

Edited by dentalplan

On 28/09/2017 at 6:51 PM, thewayiam said:

haha....this is what it results to again because my attention couldn't be gained by constant Facebook in-boxing, friend requesting and then denying it all. Eitherway onto something more serious, one it's not America, two massive Facebook stalking dear god! and three I've lived the American dream and LCD are not it!

I don't think anyone was trying to claim LCD Soundsystem are the American Dream, Gaz.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Hmm, probably ‘the new Billy Corgan’ really, in that his gripes are with social justice and he feels justified in validating the views of right wing tossers while not necessarily sharing their politics, as Moz does. The Fader piece was either nothing new (the thing about his views first blew up in 2015 after the Sargon of Akkad chat, I think) or it was petty trash (using 4chan or taking the piss out of shitty rappers makes him a racist) but it’s probably justified in being published bc so many seemed to not realise until now.

Still, as I said last time, he’s good at talking about music. The only time I felt his societal stance gatecrashed one of his reviews was when he ranted about Kendrick’s brother’s Israelite speech on DAMN. which apparently wasn’t connected to it being Kdot’s worst scoring album on the channel, but otherwise they don’t cross over much.

I mean anyone who associates with that asshat Sargon of Akkad can fuck off really, can't they?

On 10/5/2017 at 3:50 PM, dentalplan said:

Imagine being Fantano's black wife and seeing this all over the web.

I don't know how far I agree with Fader's assertions that he's a racist because he's mocked black artists, because it seems like he mocked a lot of people on that strange meme channel, and Fader just picked out some juicy bits where the targets were black. From the main theneedledrop channel, I've only ever known him to discuss black artists and hip-hop very respectfully.

But I'm really surprised that his association with MRAs and "edgelords" has gone unreported this long. There's a podcast up on his channel to this day, which was uploaded in January 2016, where Fantano is sitting there and laughing while a guy fantasises about torturing and murdering Lena Dunham, purely because he doesn't like feminists. At other points Fantano is having a right old laugh at his guest mocking disabled people, purely for the sake of throwing around epithets and being outrageous. Fantano then starts going on about the importance of there not being any boundaries in humour, and starts going on about a current prevailing trend of political correctness which he compares to Christians complaining about a perceived "war on Christmas" some years ago. I'm really shocked that a guy as seemingly intelligent as Fantano can be that much of a prick that he conflates basic respect and decency respect towards disabled people; a vulnerable, disadvantaged, and historically horrifically treated group in society; with some fucking Christians imagining some slight against them; a group that hold all the fucking power and influence and privilege in America.

The basic rule I've always hear in comedy is "punch up, not down", and in that podcast I'm hearing two entitled privileged white boys pissing their pants about how we as humans have finally evolved to a point where we've started to recognise that, because they think if they can't bully underrepresented groups then it's infringing on their 'Murican rights. And yes it's only "started to recognise" because political correctness is not the prevailing discourse at all; look at who is the fucking White House! How the fuck can anybody say that being needlessly offensive  is no longer acceptable when Donald Trump got elected to the most powerful office on the planet even after being continually racist, sexist, and ableist? It beggars belief.

Fantano has shown himself to be a complete fucking skid-mark, not worthy of our respect any more, no matter how good at reviewing he may have been. I'm bewildered that podcast didn't go viral when it came out. I hope the piece of shit's career goes completely down the toilet, but the way things are at the moment he'll probably be propped up by alt-right sick freaks, and he'll retreat into a right-wing safe space where he and others will become radicalised and removed from all meaningful discourse. I'm really worried that damaging fringe groups like that are going to become seriously powerful in years to come, in their online enclaves where they can ligitimise each other's warped sick views with nobody can challenge them. Fantano seems conflicted at the moment, him being a Sanders-voting socially conscious liberal, but the left is going to rage against him and the right will welcome him with open arms, then his views will start to be shaped by theirs.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm really surprised that his association with MRAs and "edgelords" has gone unreported this long. There's a podcast up on his channel to this day, which was uploaded in January 2016, where Fantano is sitting there and laughing while a guy fantasises about torturing and murdering Lena Dunham, purely because he doesn't like feminists. At other points Fantano is having a right old laugh at his guest mocking disabled people, purely for the sake of throwing around epithets and being outrageous. Fantano then starts going on about the importance of there not being any boundaries in humour, and starts going on about a current prevailing trend of political correctness which he compares to Christians complaining about a perceived "war on Christmas" some years ago. I'm really shocked that a guy as seemingly intelligent as Fantano can be that much of a prick that he conflates basic respect and decency respect towards disabled people; a vulnerable, disadvantaged, and historically horrifically treated group in society; with some fucking Christians imagining some slight against them; a group that hold all the fucking power and influence and privilege in America.

I agree with this post a lot, it's pretty weird having a massive podcast to express how there should be no limits in comedy and then in the exact same podcast fantasise about killing a woman because you don't like her comedy. I think Fantano was falling into the edgy constant anti-SJW stance for a while and it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth because of who he was giving a platform to. He seems to have mellowed a bit since Trump got elected though.