LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

49 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Does his wife have the same surname? That is all that is on the tickets. Not the first name.

Thanks so much - she has already found out about the phone line!

Publicly anyway, she goes by her old name. Hopefully it has been changed 'officially' and she has some ID! Just passed it on - thanks again.

I don't feel hopeful at all. Ally Pally say we won't get in. Can try on the door but it in unlikely.

25 minutes ago, Homer said:

Thanks so much - she has already found out about the phone line!

Publicly anyway, she goes by her old name. Hopefully it has been changed 'officially' and she has some ID! Just passed it on - thanks again.

I don't feel hopeful at all. Ally Pally say we won't get in. Can try on the door but it in unlikely.

I just think this is to scare touts off. How can they logistically do this?? It is going to be a nightmare and possible repeat of 2010

http://clashmusic.com/live/ally-pally-apologise-to-lcd-soundsystem-fans

1 minute ago, karaseen said:

I just think this is to scare touts off. How can they logistically do this?? It is going to be a nightmare and possible repeat of 2010

http://clashmusic.com/live/ally-pally-apologise-to-lcd-soundsystem-fans

Getting a drink in AP is a nightmare for any gig. There's only one bar in the main "arena" right at the back of the room.

1 minute ago, The Gentleman Rhymer said:

I have a spare ticket for Ally Pally on Saturday, face value.  Thought I'd ask here before putting it on twickets.

Be aware that they have said they will be checking names on tickets. Twickets is the official reseller of the gig so probably best to sell them through there if the buyer won't be going in with you.

9 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Also, when you bought tickets from Ticketmaster NO WHERE did it say the thing about the lead booker needing to be present on the page like it did for SeeTickets. Perhaps it was buried in the T&Cs which would not surprise me!!!

Ours are from Seetickets.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Getting a drink in AP is a nightmare for any gig. There's only one bar in the main "arena" right at the back of the room.

I've always thought it was the easiest venue in London for getting served. Been to 10+ gigs there and never waited more than 5 mins for a drink! 

17 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I've always thought it was the easiest venue in London for getting served. Been to 10+ gigs there and never waited more than 5 mins for a drink! 

Must just be me, took ages to get served at Interpol a few weeks back. Although the huge queues to get into the venue probably didn't help that as everyone just went straight to the bar when they got in.

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Must just be me, took ages to get served at Interpol a few weeks back. Although the huge queues to get into the venue probably didn't help that as everyone just went straight to the bar when they got in.

Well, the good news is there are going to be four less (fewer?) people in the queue on Sat!

49 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Also, when you bought tickets from Ticketmaster NO WHERE did it say the thing about the lead booker needing to be present on the page like it did for SeeTickets. Perhaps it was buried in the T&Cs which would not surprise me!!!

Were See really clear about this at the buying stage then?

The tickets we have all have the lead bookers name printed in big letters across it (which is not us, so it's probably going to be a faff with checking the twickets confirmation emails as well).

I don't usually find the bars at Ally Pally too bad, but I waited about 25 minutes at the main bar when I saw the Maccabees there in July. I probably would have been better off going outside

10 minutes ago, The Gentleman Rhymer said:

Anyone who’s been to an Ally Pally gig recently know if they operate a cloakroom?  Seen that no backpacks are allowed into the venue but need to get a coach back to Cardiff after the gig so will have a bag with me

Yep they did last time I was there, should be signposted. :)

• Upvote 1