LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Am I the only person who doesn't actually mind AP?

I think it's a good venue inside but it's just in such a ball ache of a location and is difficult to get away from on public transport.

would advise against anyone trying to get back to another part of the country on a train/coach the same night...

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I live in South East London so as far away as possible but still love it a venue.

Helps that I've seen some great gigs in there down the years.

It's a bit inconvenient for those who live on the South Coast. It's one of the few big London Venues I've never been to but might be breaking that duck for LCD :)

Just now, Tommy101 said:

It's a bit inconvenient for those who live on the South Coast. It's one of the few big London Venues I've never been to but might be breaking that duck for LCD :)

Tommy, that's the hat-trick confirmed...

I actually can't believe that three acts I wanted to see this year - LCD, QOTSA and Wolf Alice all announced gigs within a few days of each other.

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Tommy, that's the hat-trick confirmed...

I actually can't believe that three acts I wanted to see this year - LCD, QOTSA and Wolf Alice all announced gigs within a few days of each other.

Good stuff mate. I'm defo picking up QotSA tickets, need to convince a mate to come to LCD and hoping to pick up Freebies for WA if I can (their nearest venue to me is Southampton Guildhall which can sound like a swimming pool and I've seen them a couple of times before so not overly fussed about missing out on them this time). 

Looking like a good Autumn!

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I was on about the WHP lol. Considering the ally pally as an alternative even though I live 15 mins away from the WHP.

Went to WHP quite a bit when I lived in Manchester. Loved the Boddingtons Brewery and Store Street. Only been to the new place once but absolutely hated it.

Dunno why people seem to hate it so much personally. I'm not old enough to remember when it wasn't a thing (I'm 26) I've yet to have a bad nignt there yet myself. 

I wouldn't sweat it on tickets so much either always going on the Facebook event page or outside the venue for face or less. I've never paid over face value or a night there nor would I. 

bad decision to have it at store street.

why not albert hall or even the apollo. Its a fucking car park at the end of the day. unless you are there early and/or cram into the front you will probably not be happy with where you are standing.

"Dear LCD, do you want to play one of your few UK / european shows in a converted car park with crap sight lines and a sound system that is set up for DJs?"

Sure.....

They will also oversell it, by selling the capacity of both rooms 1 and 2.

Won't somebody please think of the fans?

Edited by Memory Man

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

bad decision to have it at store street.

why not albert hall or even the apollo. Its a fucking car park at the end of the day. unless you are there early and/or cram into the front you will probably not be happy with where you are standing.

"Dear LCD, do you want to play one of your few UK / european shows in a converted car park with crap sight lines and a sound system that is set up for DJs?"

Sure.....

They will also oversell it, by selling the capacity of both rooms 1 and 2.

Won't somebody please think of the fans?

This. I've been to some incredible warehouse project nights - Soulwax / 2manydjs on Boxing day at the Boddys brewery was absolutely brilliant. However the Victoria Warehouse was dangerously over sold at times and Store street isn't much better.  Stick em in the Apollo like last time.

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

This. I've been to some incredible warehouse project nights - Soulwax / 2manydjs on Boxing day at the Boddys brewery was absolutely brilliant. However the Victoria Warehouse was dangerously over sold at times and Store street isn't much better.  Stick em in the Apollo like last time.

The LCD/Hot Chip co-headline gig at the Apollo was fucking brilliant.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The LCD/Hot Chip co-headline gig at the Apollo was fucking brilliant.

Yeah, but the one at Ally Pally was shit .....

http://admin.dev.clashmusic.com/live/ally-pally-apologise-to-lcd-soundsystem-fans

and i remain in the shit venue camp, and that's without factoring in getting back to SE London. Pish.  

Yeah can't help feel LCD have picked some shit venues this time. Would have gone up to the Barrowlands (apparently that's James Murphy's favourite venue in the world) but it's midweek. WHP is good for dance stuff but although they have electronic elements LCD live are much more of a rock band. Plus I reckon it'll have some folk who would be there just because they want to be seen at WHP rather than because they're huge LCD fans.