LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

15 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

When you come on stage to this monster tune, you have to do the business or you're gonna look a bit silly 

Thanks, that name/artist of that was bugging me!

Somebody I was camped near had that on for about twenty minutes on Monday, assume they enjoyed it at LCD too...

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

there was a feckin' HUGE crowd at EW&F, so people were getting places - just not to the bands they weren't interested in.

Which is probably why there wasn't much of a crowd for LCD ... who I knew wouldn't get that much of a crowd, as I'd said.

It's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it :)

I only knew 2 or 3 LCD Sound System songs before, but that was an absolutely phenomenal performance, and one of the best atmospheres at a gig due to the energy of the crowd.  A lot of times at Glastonbury you find that a lot of the crowd are just having a chat and getting pissed.  None of that here.... everyone was 100% in to it.

All My Friends was the perfect end to the festival.

That was fucking unbelievable. So much so that my night apparently ended with me stood on the path past Arcadia at ~7am asking random passers by to come to Lovebox with me.

Joins Chems last year as my favourite Glasto set.

Also three from three great Sunday Other headliners for me - Massive Attack, Chems and LCD.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

there was a feckin' HUGE crowd at EW&F, so people were getting places - just not to the bands they weren't interested in.

Which is probably why there wasn't much of a crowd for LCD ... who I knew wouldn't get that much of a crowd, as I'd said.

This was the best example of quality, not quantity. I'm glad for Coldplay/EWF taking away any floating attendees who might have 'checked out' LCD and deadened the crowd. It was electric, absolutely more than I could have hoped for, especially given the fact it was the Sunday night and the conditions people had endured for 5 days, and had to dance in.

17 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

What was the score with the glow sticks, there was an absolute sea of them raining down on us just in front of the sound desk a few songs in, it was a magically moment 

Me and a couple of mates brought a big bag of glowsticks/glow balloons and other stuff down to dish out around us for the set. I imagine a alot of other people must have had the same idea!

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Me and a couple of mates brought a big bag of glowsticks/glow balloons and other stuff down to dish out around us for the set. I imagine a alot of other people must have had the same idea!

That's ace. What the festival is all about, all of us doing our bit to make it more special for everyone else.

17 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

When you come on stage to this monster tune, you have to do the business or you're gonna look a bit silly 

The intro music made me so happy! 

Plus a beautiful Judee Sill song - think it was this one 

and meet on the edge fair port convention, got me choked up. It was all bloody perfect! What a set!!

I'm sure some of you, like me, were still hanging around in the pit 20 minutes after they'd walked off stage crying and hugging all your friends. Easily the best song I've ever seen performed live, an absolutely sensational moment. 

The whole set was great, but that one song will be remembered by me and my friends for ever - it felt like a significant milestone in our lives. 

Absolutely gutted to miss EW&F, but there's no doubt in my mind that i'd made the right decision to close the festival with LCD Soundsystem. I've seen them numerous times over the years, but there was something about Sunday night, that was so so special, the crowd was electric, unlike any other headliner i've ever seen, people hugging strangers, mass singing along,  everyone jumping about with the last bit of energy they had left. Some fella in front of us, had a polaroid camera, and grabbed my mate for a quick photo, before giving him said photo. That was the kind of audience present. It was literally perfect, and you could tell the band thought so too.

• Upvote 1

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Right up there with the best festival sets I've ever seen. Every song was so well delivered and received, it was an amazing moment!

Never been the biggest fan of I Can Change and Daft Punk... but they were both brilliant. New York was emotional and Dance Yrself Clean, All My Friends, Losing My Edge and UVT were craazy. I really have to consider getting a ticket for Lovebox now :lol:

On 27/6/2016 at 9:21 PM, fatyeti24 said:

they don't come on to that version, it's this one that they've been playing before gigs, and James has previous played in DJ sets:

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, eFestivals said:

so how big was th4e crowd for this....?

Based on the size of crowd at West Holts and the size of the coldplay crowd on TV, I'm guessing there wasn't a particularly big crowd.

it was bigger than New Order the night before anyway.
was packed between the sound desk and TV tower halfway back in the field, which was where we decided we couldn't go any further and still be central. that was about 10mins before they started and it filled up behind us by the time they came on stage.

Special mention to big German guy stood in front of me. Before they came on stage he was trying to flatten out the mud because "VEE NEED SPACE TO DANSE YAAA". He was fair hammered same as myself, a lovely chap having the absolute time of his life!

5 hours ago, CHRLY said:

I'm sure some of you, like me, were still hanging around in the pit 20 minutes after they'd walked off stage crying and hugging all your friends. Easily the best song I've ever seen performed live, an absolutely sensational moment. 

The whole set was great, but that one song will be remembered by me and my friends for ever - it felt like a significant milestone in our lives. 

This