LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

2 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

When you come on stage to this monster tune, you have to do the business or you're gonna look a bit silly 

YES!! i was having a right little party when this came on, what an amazing tune to choose! big ups. 

As to the main set it felt like they had never been away! Just as good if not better than ever. I look forward to new material though.

we were about 4 rows from the front on the right and the mud was horrendous was getting stuck in it but just kept going as it was so amazing! party crowd apart from some absolute tools who pushed right through when it was really dangerous due to the mud (about halfway thru the set) stayed for 2 songs then went back again!!

can anyone settle a bet for me? what did james say at the end about how good the gig had been? Was he hinting it was the best gig since they came back or the best gig they had done at glastonbury?

Edited by Memory Man

Was absolutely unreal. Band were phenomenal and the crowd just went for it. When All My Friends came on at the end, me and the mates had our arms around each other and began hugging. A complete moment and something I will never forget. A bit teary watching it back actually 

9 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

can anyone settle a bet for me? what did james say at the end about how good the gig had been? Was he hinting it was the best gig since they came back or the best gig they had done at glastonbury?

Best time at Glastonbury I'm pretty sure.

I'd read somewhere (I assume in this thread) that the last time hadn't been remembered too fondly

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Shout out to all you peeps that possibly queued a whole day Wednesday, trudged through mud all weekend, stuck out the shit weather and still invested 100% into enjoying the last show on Sunday. As great as the band were; the devoted crowd was such a huge factor into it being one of the best live music experiences I've been a part of, so thanks.

This. What an absolute stonker that was, had been looking forward to it since the resale and it didn't disappoint. What a setlist. What a set! Great crowd, everyone near us was loving it and making new friends (although a shout out to the overly amorous couple directly in front of us- it was cute for ten minutes guys but not the whole gig- please go easy on the class A's next time).

Fantastic set and an amazing time.  James Murphy really seemed to get quite emotional from the crowd response about half way through the set.

I also got Al Doyle's signature on the LCD Soundsystem page in my guide whilst at his DJ set in the Crows Nest.

Edited by HotChipWillBreakYourLegs

9 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Best time at Glastonbury I'm pretty sure.

I'd read somewhere (I assume in this thread) that the last time hadn't been remembered too fondly

If I recall correctly the last time they played it was mid afternoon and the sound was shit, as was the crowd. I remember being massively underwhelmed despite loving them.

three from three for amazing Sunday headline sets on the Other Stage, The XX, Chemical Brothers and LCD. The whole set was amazing, really enjoyed Get Innocuous, one of my favourite songs. Only negative was being able to see their timer counting down the minutes of their set :(

It was absolutely incredible! Got a bit of a shock when we turned up and the field seemed really empty, but as it got closer to them coming on stage we watched huge numbers coming across the field and the atmosphere started to grow.

huge highlight for me was Losing my edge they totally nailed it!

the last 2 of dance yourself clean and all my friends is one of the best ends to any show I've seen

the best ever Glastonbury performance I've been to!!

the energy from the band and the crowd was nuts

What an incredible set. Saw them at Primavera and loved it but this absolutely shat on that, particularly because of the crowd. Was my least favourite Glasto out of 8 but this was easily in my top 3 Glasto gigs (others being Pulp at the Park and Rolling Stones) and All My Friends might even be my favourite Glasto moment.

I remember one random bloke who was there on his own (friends at Coldplay presumably) put his arm round me, during the song, naturally I did the same and after it finished he thanked me a bit emotionally for doing so - which was both hilariously unncessary and summed up just how much that song meant to people.

In an ideal world every Glastonbury would be closed by LCD playing that song - I can't think of a better song which sums up the whole experience! 

Edited by arcade fireman

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

so how big was th4e crowd for this....?

Based on the size of crowd at West Holts and the size of the coldplay crowd on TV, I'm guessing there wasn't a particularly big crowd.

Met a girl after who said she got there two songs in and strolled right to the front.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

so how big was th4e crowd for this....?

Based on the size of crowd at West Holts and the size of the coldplay crowd on TV, I'm guessing there wasn't a particularly big crowd.

It was busy enough with adequate dancing room right back to the sound desks, couldn't say much for behind that as I'm a tad short. Felt like there was 100,000 die hard LCD fans there though, one of the best atmospheres I've ever been in

9 hours ago, ilovelanegan said:

(although a shout out to the overly amorous couple directly in front of us- it was cute for ten minutes guys but not the whole gig- please go easy on the class A's next time).

Was this by any chance front and centre? If it's the same couple I saw I agree completely!

Nobody was anywhere Sunday. The fiekd for Ellie Golding was less than for Squeeze two days earlier. I went to pj harvey and just walked to the front. Never seen the Other so empty.

lcd were fucking superb though. Loved it.

7 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Nobody was anywhere Sunday. The fiekd for Ellie Golding was less than for Squeeze two days earlier. I went to pj harvey and just walked to the front. Never seen the Other so empty.

lcd were fucking superb though. Loved it.

there was a feckin' HUGE crowd at EW&F, so people were getting places - just not to the bands they weren't interested in.

Which is probably why there wasn't much of a crowd for LCD ... who I knew wouldn't get that much of a crowd, as I'd said.

I was almost at the barrier in the centre so I couldn't see how big the crowd was. Going by the atmosphere and the noise we were making I thought the crowd was huge! I guess it was just a small group making a big noise. Everyone around me knew all the words and we sang and cheered as loud as we could. About half way through the set it looked like James went to say something but everyone was cheering so loud he was kind of lost for words. It was hands down the best live music experience I've ever had. When they played All My Friends it was actually quite emotional. We were all hugging each other and some people were even crying.

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Shout out to all you peeps that possibly queued a whole day Wednesday, trudged through mud all weekend, stuck out the shit weather and still invested 100% into enjoying the last show on Sunday. As great as the band were; the devoted crowd was such a huge factor into it being one of the best live music experiences I've been a part of, so thanks.

LCD Soundsystem are the specific reason I didn't bail early on Sunday. Correct decision, it turns out! 

1 hour ago, rottencrotch said:

If I recall correctly the last time they played it was mid afternoon and the sound was shit, as was the crowd. I remember being massively underwhelmed despite loving them.

They played the Other Stage in 2010 just before Orbital headlined. I really enjoyed it!