LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

Ok. Now that we have a confirmed slot, what are you guys thinking about the setlist? Their recent shows seem good.

Personally I would love to hear Thrills live and I could do without New York, I love you but you're bringing me down. Everytime I have seen them Yeah has given me goosebumps.

2 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Ok. Now that we have a confirmed slot, what are you guys thinking about the setlist? Their recent shows seem good.

Personally I would love to hear Thrills live and I could do without New York, I love you but you're bringing me down. Everytime I have seen them Yeah has given me goosebumps.

i'd take a repeat of either of their Coachella sets - they seem to be doing fantastic greatest hits sets at the moment. agree about New York - i could live without that - but the rest is pure gold. i cannot bloody wait

I've just seen that they dropped Home for 45:33 part 4 at the 2nd weekend of Coachella. I hope that isn't a regular thing because that's up there with my favourites of theirs. I'd also want All I Want and Watch the Tapes to be played in an ideal scenario, but I don't think I'll complain regardless of setlist.

Edited by mynameismatt

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i'd take a repeat of either of their Coachella sets - they seem to be doing fantastic greatest hits sets at the moment. agree about New York - i could live without that - but the rest is pure gold. i cannot bloody wait

Agree.  Us Vs Them is the perfect opener. 

I'M WAY TOO EXCITED. Part of me wanted them to be the Friday Other headliner because I'm that impatient.  

1 minute ago, ian the worm said:

These are my only "must see" act, seeing as they are back from the dead and all that.

However.......... my only work shift across the festival time begins on Sunday at 9pm.

iPlayer on the Tuesday it is then.

Damn, that must hurt...

2 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

These are my only "must see" act, seeing as they are back from the dead and all that.

However.......... my only work shift across the festival time begins on Sunday at 9pm.

No swapping shifts?

2 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

They're my only must-see as well, I don't think anything could stop me being there.  If they won't let you change shift, what happens if you just don't show up and go to LCD instead?  Or show up to work 2-3 hours late?

Just now, WS_Jack_III said:

They've got a new album on the way right? They'll tour it?!?

yep out some time this year apparently but there's been no further word on it than that, so you'd assume they'll be touring it next year, although wouldn't surprise me if it was an arena tour or similar

Just now, FloorFiller said:

yep out some time this year apparently but there's been no further word on it than that, so you'd assume they'll be touring it next year, although wouldn't surprise me if it was an arena tour or similar

So long as I can go and see them. Gonna be gutted to miss them at the festival, can't afford another festival that they're on at this year.

Delighted they aren't clashing with Muse like everyone expected but my mate loves Coldplay live but he also really wanted to see LCD Soundsystem when he thought they were Friday...interesting to see where he wants to go now.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I prefer the NYC shows setlists, opened with Get Innocuous! and also played "Home", unlike Coachella weekend 2.

they've 2 Primavera shows over the next few days so we should have a good idea of the Glastonbury setlist then.

I'm glad they're not clashing with anyone I want to see, but I don't think anyone I'm going with wants to see them.  Being the last band of the festival I'm torn between wanting to see them and spending it with friends, although knowing that those friends want to see Coldplay...  Argh!

1 minute ago, verrymerry said:

I'm glad they're not clashing with anyone I want to see, but I don't think anyone I'm going with wants to see them.  Being the last band of the festival I'm torn between wanting to see them and spending it with friends, although knowing that those friends want to see Coldplay...  Argh!

Ditch 'em. 

The friends, that is. Personally I can't imagine watching a band I don't like knowing that someone else I really wanted to see is smashing it up on another stage. Even more so the last band of the festival. 

Of course, I might be biased in that I was at Glasto last year on my own and basically did the whole thing how I wanted to. It was ruddy brilliant. 

I'll happily sing All My Friends on my own (pending a solo-eFesters LCD meet up aha)