LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

On 4/18/2016 at 8:53 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Having seen Muse on Friday this isn't even a contest. LCD all the way.

Nah its going be a proper set, instead of the show.

They still had it for the classics and when they wasn't to much fucking around with set pieces at the o2

19 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

It sounds good (taking the phone recording quality into account), not sure about Coachella looking particularly good there. But they dropped Get Innocuous to fit it in to the set, not sure about that...

i was definitely talking about the performance on stage, you're right coachella itself seems fairly beige. apart from the light up flamingo that goes past, which was cool

ah i do love get innocuous. I've seen them live loads of times before fortunately so no matter what they play I will be happy. In an ideal world I'd have them keep controversy but drop something else than get innocuous.

Edited by Memory Man

Spent the weekend meticulously removing every single particle of dust from my room and making sure that my hi fi is in the best possible condition it can be in. About 20 minutes ago I positioned myself right in the acoustic sweet spot, unwrapped The Long Goodbye from its cellophane and set it off on its first spin. I've just finished side A, I'm so revved up for their set. I remember pulling a sickie from my job in Game 5 years ago so that I could stay up into the small hours watching the livestream of this show. I remember feeling very strongly that me and this band had unfinished business and they definitely shouldn't finish. Prayers answered.

• Upvote 5

I'd expect no covers at Glastonbury, unless someone else as iconic as Bowie or Prince dies between now and then, I'd expect that they've done their tribute to those two now and we can just expect LCD material. That cover of Heroes is brilliant though, so no complaints from me if it ends up in the set. Maybe best not to play it either side of All I Want though cos it might alert everyone to how similar those songs sound!

57 minutes ago, zico martin said:

cant believe i've missed this band.  Watching 'Shut up and play the hits' now as homework for glastonbury :)

Well made film aint it? I reckon the camera spinning round from the band, up to the ceiling, and back down to the crowd during All My Friends is one of the all-time best camera shots of live music.

They are the absolute highlight of the line up (so far) and I'm sure that won't change either unless Radiohead actually play which I'm not betting on. Then they'll be a close second if miracles do occur. Really don't want them playing the Friday though. Already going to be clash hell as it is. 

Shut up and play the hits documentary is quality too. 

so IF Loaded's article is right and the Other Stage headliners are in fact Disclosure, New Order and Bring Me The Horizon, where do people think LCD Soundsystem are gonna fit in? i don't think that's what will inevitably happen and i do think they'll be headlining Other themselves on the Friday (with Disclosure below Adele) but if Loaded's thing is right it really does leave them up in the air. i mean, i just can't see them playing before Adele...

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

so IF Loaded's article is right and the Other Stage headliners are in fact Disclosure, New Order and Bring Me The Horizon, where do people think LCD Soundsystem are gonna fit in? i don't think that's what will inevitably happen and i do think they'll be headlining Other themselves on the Friday (with Disclosure below Adele) but if Loaded's thing is right it really does leave them up in the air. i mean, i just can't see them playing before Adele...

Fuck Loaded 

Theyre headlining the other stage on Friday night and it's going to be the best fucking the in the whole fucking world 

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'd say LCD would fit better on the WH than on Pyramid, but I think we have all three WH don't we? I really struggle to see them on the Pyramid at all, it would be a very weird choice.

Who's WH Friday? James Blake Saturday and EW&F Sunday I know 

I couldn't picture them headlining WH. They'll wanna be on the bigger stages at this point and I guess if they were shunted out of Other headline and not appropriate for Pyramid sub then Other sub would have to be the next logical step. Whilst it'd alleviate the Sigur Ros clash, that'd be pants.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I couldn't picture them headlining WH. They'll wanna be on the bigger stages at this point and I guess if they were shunted out of Other headline and not appropriate for Pyramid sub then Other sub would have to be the next logical step. Whilst it'd alleviate the Sigur Ros clash, it'd be pants.

I cannot picture them playing any other slot than other headliner, it's the perfect band for that slot 

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I cannot picture them playing any other slot than other headliner, it's the perfect band for that slot 

yeah which is why i still think they'll definitely take that slot. Disclosure also seem like a really logical Other headliner, but out of the two it's pretty clear which would fit more comfortably subbing Adele on the Pyramid. just an interesting scenario

16 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Discussions like this just make me wish they'd end the speculation and get a few main stage splits up! I know it doesnt work like that but it feels like we should at least know where some of the biggest acts are fitting in!

and as frustrating as it is i am rather liking the fact that we're uncertain of the positions of such big slots :P never usually happens (i know there was the whole Alt-J headlining Other thing last year but this time it seems a lot messier what with their being so many options for those high slots)

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

BMTH bumped to subbing on Sunday solves all these problems and makes the most sense for everyone concerned.

yep, the best possible scenario for me, but seems unlikely they'd book a headliner and then move them down the lineup, regardless of how much of an odd fit that particular act may seem for the festival