LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

On 19/02/2016 at 3:40 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

It's all gone a bit quiet here (I had to bump the thread from page 5)...

Getting a bit nervous about this one. With hopes of Radiohead headlining fading these guys playing takes on increased importance.

Is the poster who said LCD and New Order for the Other on Friday/Saturday still around?

I'm fairly sure he didn't specify days, but the only remaining Other headline slot seems to be Friday. 

2 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

I appreciate they are good, but not sure this board is representative of their popularity. Far more popular around here. 

Not popular enough to sell out Lovebox yet, tho. It's a big event to sell out so I'm not surprised, and yet if there's huge numbers desperate for an opportunity to see that band, it would still have got there already.

And, it should be pointed out, that's a chance to see them without the competition for that person's time that they'd inevitably be at Glastonbury.

Unless their total fanbase is all going to Glastonbury...? :P

1 minute ago, mrtourette said:

It's an odd one, they headlined the tent at Reading a few years back, has being away really increase the clamour for them? They seem like a hipster's wet dream now.

They'll be a novelty factor which will increase demand, because they've ceased to be a "we can see them anytime" act. If you want to see them, this tour might be your only chance.

But the increase and so the total demand is going to be something related to the fanbase the last time around - and as you say, they headlined the tent at Reading. That's about the equivalent to 3rd from top on the Other Stage, just for comparison.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

But the increase and so the total demand is going to be something related to the fanbase the last time around - and as you say, they headlined the tent at Reading. That's about the equivalent to 3rd from top on the Other Stage, just for comparison.

Being annoying, pedantic and protective but didn't they Sub the Other Stage that same Summer?

29 minutes ago, Morgs74 said:

You've got me so intrigued now.  Suppose I'll spend the rest of the working day trying to work out who you're talking about...

I read it that whoever is headlining the NME Tent this year will probably be playing on the Other Stage 3rd down, not actually relating to LCD.  Might have got that wrong.

Well Reading NME tent headliners in the past few years have been:

2011: Beady Eye, James' Addiction, 2manydjs

2012: Maccabees, At The Drive In, Justice

2013: Skrillex, Alt-J, Phoenix

2014: Courteeners, Bombay Bicycle Club, Disclosure

2015: Limp Bizkit, Rebel Sound, Deadmau5

2 minutes ago, Morgs74 said:

Well Reading NME tent headliners in the past few years have been:

2011: Beady Eye, James' Addiction, 2manydjs

2012: Maccabees, At The Drive In, Justice

2013: Skrillex, Alt-J, Phoenix

2014: Courteeners, Bombay Bicycle Club, Disclosure

2015: Limp Bizkit, Rebel Sound, Deadmau5

wow - 2015 = shit

Forgot about that and I posted the link to the Consequence of Sound writer saying Latitude/Bestival/Glastonbury, so yeah my faith is back. 

Might be a good sign instead, it's at least some confirmation that they are accepting lower slots than headline, even if it was expected.

Edited by mynameismatt