13. New Song

Edited by reflekting

20 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Something like this would be great:

5. New Song

7. New Song

10. Sound of Silver

13. New Song

It's missing "Home" amongst others. But I don't know what I'd drop. If they don't have a new album out by then I wouldn't expect three new songs for a festival audience. I think they'd - ahem - shut up and play the hits. 

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

What I believe is the first LCD Soundsystem-Hot Chip double bill of the reunion is taking place in Paris at the We Love Green festival in June. I posted about it before; quite cheap and PJ Harvey and Air the next day. Looks quite cool.

Oh drool. Other stage double bill.

Drooool

Uhhh if you treated a PJ Harvey gig like you would a Hot Chip or LCD Soundsystem gig then I wouldn't wanna be near you at all.

Hot Chip already played on this album so pack that in. Just mentioning it as it seems like the closest place you could probably get that one-two; as Hot Chip already did Lovebox and TITP on their last go round.

On 1/30/2016 at 11:08 AM, Mezhyp1 said:

That's won't be a long debate 

You'd think so, but that Primavera line up contains a huge number of my must see artists. And I kind of want to try something different. I will always go back to Glastonbury. 

Edited by willsnewman

22 hours ago, willsnewman said:

Well, that's made it easy then. Oh well, can't complain too much when I'm holding a Glastonbury ticket. Now LCD have to play or I will cry until I see them.

They're nailed on. Lovebox have claimed them as "London exclusive", not a "festival exclusive" or an "English exclusive", so we can be pretty certain they're playing another English fest which isn't in London. Bestival have denied it, R&L isn't their crowd any more, they're busy during Parklife. That pretty much leaves on Latitude and Glastonbury. Latitude doesn't seem right as they've never had any connection to it. LCD played Glastonbury before, Despacio did Glastonbury the other year, it pretty much has to be Glastonbury.

I hereby bet a ball-quiche on it.

• Upvote 1

On 29/01/2016 at 7:58 PM, arcade fireman said:

It's missing "Home" amongst others. But I don't know what I'd drop. If they don't have a new album out by then I wouldn't expect three new songs for a festival audience. I think they'd - ahem - shut up and play the hits. 

I thought it was incredibly difficult to see what to choose. If they had the same length of time as their Reading 2010 set then they only got to play 9 songs:

Us v Them
Drunk Girls
Pow Pow
Daft Punk Is Playing at My House
All My Friends
I Can Change
Tribulations
Movement
Yeah

Leaving out North American Scum, New York I Love You and Someone Great must have been tough even for James to choose. 

15 minutes ago, reflekting said:

I thought it was incredibly difficult to see what to choose. If they had the same length of time as their Reading 2010 set then they only got to play 9 songs:

Us v Them
Drunk Girls
Pow Pow
All My Friends
I Can Change
Tribulations
Movement
Yeah

Leaving out North American Scum, New York I Love You and Someone Great must have been tough even for James to choose. 

with LCD they definitely have certain songs that suit festival sets more than others (Someone Great for example is a favourite of mine yet probably doesn't work as well in a festival environment. same with stuff like New York and Home). missing out NAS is surprising though, and no doubt there'll be some casualties when they play this year - they just have so many essential songs

1 hour ago, reflekting said:

Us v Them
Drunk Girls
Pow Pow
All My Friends
I Can Change
Tribulations
Movement
Yeah

Can they just play for three hours please

Add to the above:

North American Scum, NYILY, Someone Great, 45:33 Pt 1 (Shame on You), DANCE YRSELF CLEAN, Home, Get Innocuous, Losing my Edge

That still leaves out Sound of Silver, Time to Get Away, You Wanted a Hit and them playing anything new!!!

The Coachella setlist will be interesting