anyone still not had the deposit taken ?

tigertoo

Me neither, and just getting the conf email isn't a guarantee as it states:

Sales will be processed immediately. For the avoidance of doubt please check your bank/card statement following your transaction to be certain whether or not payment has been successful. ... If your transaction hasn't been processed within 24 hours, contact Seetickets immediately.

which implies all payments should have been taken yesterday. I've emailed them so awaiting a reply.

Me neither, and just getting the conf email isn't a guarantee as it states:

which implies all payments should have been taken yesterday. I've emailed them so awaiting a reply.

Card transactions never show up immediately. They aren't like withdrawing cash which do. I wouldn't expect to see it show up until Tuesday however as others have said it should be affecting your available balance.

Card transactions never show up immediately. They aren't like withdrawing cash which do. I wouldn't expect to see it show up until Tuesday however as others have said it should be affecting your available balance.

Forgot about that available balance, yes, ours are being paid for, thanks.

i have just checked my bank (as you lot were making me paranoid!) even tho see order tracker shows the booking and i have the email - the payment was not showing.... :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Quick panicky chat online to natwest, confirms the payment is pending but authorised... they don't know when it will come off the balance, but I have an auth code.

:beach:  :beach:  :beach:

I'm with santander and checked online, so didn't ring up and get an authorisation code. There is nothing in the payment pending function, but taking my balance available to spend minus my actual credit balance minus my agreed overdraft just leaves the deposit amount.

Reply from Seetickets:

I can confirm we have received payment and you have tickets secured for the festival. Please allow 48 hours for the funds to appear on your statement.

Not even showing as a pending transaction or authorised amount though. They must be using telegrams to send the payment requests to the banks. Still, I can breathe easily now!

Edited by MoilyX

Point is seetickets sent a stupid statement in their confirmation email causing unneeded worry!

Just covering themselves in case card payments are declined through lack of funds etc. and people are expecting see tickets to call them to try again or try a different card. A confirmation isn't a confirmation until the money has gone... Makes sense.

Wasn't there problems a few years ago with banks declining payments for various reasons and hence people tickets were 'rejected' , not heard those horror stories for a few years thank goodness

Does seem slightly unfair that if you have any payment issues they cancel it and you lose your hard won ticket.

We missed our last payment for IOW due to the debit card expiring and not noticing, email from TM asking us to call them to pay by another means, gave us a week to respond, good job as TM don't seem to employ anyone to answer the phone, but it got done eventually.

I wonder how many resale tickets are failed deposit tickets from October, quite a few I'd imagine.