NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

I know it's early doors but thought I'd be the one to get this thread running for next year. Who do we all want to see for next year? Name your 3 headliners and 5 other bands....

THE KILLERS

OASIS (unrealistic i know)

KASABIAN

EDITORS

CHVRCHES

BABYSHAMBLES

THE COURTEENERS

IMAGINE DRAGONS

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sebcity said:

Got tickets for this for Christmas. Pearl Jam should hopefully be playing!

Mate I'm sorry to tell you the next words cause I'm a fan too : Pearl Jam should not be playing :/ The rumour in the fan club is that NOS was negociating with them but there were problems with productions and PJ had to cancel the European tour (which was not announced yet). They are now rumoured to play a US Stadium on the 4th of July (source : alternativenation), and to headline Bonnaroo in June (sources : alternativenation, local radios..) these are still rumours so we have to wait for the announcement in January, but PJ seems now unlikely to play at NOS Alive and Rock Werchter, as rumoured in the past weeks :( 

I messaged NOS fb page earlier aking if pixies were a confirmed headliner and when we were due more announcements. They dodged the pixies question but said 'they were working hard on more acts and good news will follow soon'. Sounds very much like what you said Tremousse and they are trying to secure another headliner before announcing anything else. RHCP been announced for a few fests already so could be a good chance of them instead perhaps.

Nice one for that link. Not overly into pixies (slightly before my era). Hoping for a couple of other big headliners more to my taste. The last 2 years have had some of the best headliners available so doubt i'll be too disappointed. Regardless always a good atmosphere and cheap drinks! That cheap that I had enough money on the last day for 2016 ticket!

New Order are playing Bilbao BBK so I wouldn't be surprised if they were announced for this soon.

Possibly the co-headliner with Pixies? Though I'm not sure how popular they are in Portugal...

Just realised Hot Chip are playing in the tent rather than the mainstage,  that'll be a brilliant atmosphere. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Always wanted to see hot chip, best announcement so far for me! Couldn't agree more, the atmosphere in that tent will be amazing! Gonna have to get in there early or it will be like kodaline packed right outside last year! If they play colours, no fit state & i feel better i can easily see this been my euphoria moment of the festival regardless of who else gets announced from here on in.

Edited by Richi1988

I'm massively digging the line up for this so far. Scratching my head as to the headliners though?

LCD Soundsystem seem like a possibility. There were rumours ages back that a Portuguese festival had Guns N Roses. Pearl Jam were seemingly in but are now not touring Europe so I guess they're out. Anyone else got any thoughts?

17 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I'm massively digging the line up for this so far. Scratching my head as to the headliners though?

LCD Soundsystem seem like a possibility. There were rumours ages back that a Portuguese festival had Guns N Roses. Pearl Jam were seemingly in but are now not touring Europe so I guess they're out. Anyone else got any thoughts?

I think they are scratching their head too. Nos Alive usually announces the main headliner (Muse/ Arctic Monkeys/ Depeche Mode..) of the festival on the year before (They had Pearl Jam in their hands but the band cancelled their european tour. However, I don't think they would be their main headliner). About the rumour, I guess that this festival you were talking about should be Rock In Rio. They are the ones that have the money to bring Guns to Portugal... but we never know...

Coldplay have no portuguese dates on their tour so a good possibility. LCD soundsystem due to their comeback although not sure they'll be doing many shows so a slight long shot for me. Can see editors been announced though not sure about headline status ( though they are headlining rock wertcher ) kasabian maybe?? Not heard if they're touring next year but haven't played nos in the last 2 years ive been and are a big crowd pull.