please buy tickets via our links

eFestivals

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 3:03 PM, stt11 said:

I bought a ticket to Reading Festival last week. Here's the Link if anyone else wants to buy one:-

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F005710D6056351

🙂

Umm, putting it down to a misunderstanding but the point is getting people to buy the tickets through the eFests / eGigs links so that the site gets a referral fee / cut from redirected sales.

Sticking up your own link for people to follow kind of ruins that a bit! :D

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Umm, putting it down to a misunderstanding but the point is getting people to buy the tickets through the eFests / eGigs links so that the site gets a referral fee / cut from redirected sales.

I'm pretty certain it's O.K. I discussed the issue with Neil, before. I had another username then.

If you press the link, then look at the URL. Nudge it a long to the end. Somewhere on there you'll read, efest. This is the bit that gets ticketmaster to give efest their cut of the money.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

If you didn't think it was a misunderstanding what did you think it was then? Malicious?

If I hung around someone that spent the last ten years conning people there was a festival and then not selling them tickets. I'd scapegoat grown adults on efest.

57 minutes ago, stt11 said:

I'm pretty certain it's O.K. I discussed the issue with Neil, before. I had another username then.

If you press the link, then look at the URL. Nudge it a long to the end. Somewhere on there you'll read, efest. This is the bit that gets ticketmaster to give efest their cut of the money.

That Efest link is in there for sure ... I was also under the impression that efests took a commission from that as with amazon links  ? Wether it’s the same amount as from egigs I’m not sure ? 

3 hours ago, Quark said:

She didn't, though. She posted a clean link, to which the efests affiliate stuff should (and did) get added automatically.

Edited by incident

1 hour ago, stt11 said:

If you didn't think it was a misunderstanding what did you think it was then? Malicious?

If I hung around someone that spent the last ten years conning people there was a festival and then not selling them tickets. I'd scapegoat grown adults on efest.

My bad, I didn't realise you'd posted the efests link. Sorry.

And calm down. I don't know what it was or could have been so I'm not shy of calling it out just in case. It's more about potentially diverting revenue than conning people. I'm also not shy of apologising, which I've done.

• 4 months later...

@eFestivals apologies for putting this here, but can’t DM you.... I had Gold membership, which should auto renew I think, however seems to have lapsed. I was inactive on the forum for quite a while whilst I came to terms with 2020 cancellation. Can you confirm? (State of my membership, not the 2020 cancellation!) Happy to renew it automatically each year until further notice. Let me know if you want me to reorder via the shop.

thanks

12 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

@eFestivals apologies for putting this here, but can’t DM you.... I had Gold membership, which should auto renew I think, however seems to have lapsed. I was inactive on the forum for quite a while whilst I came to terms with 2020 cancellation. Can you confirm? (State of my membership, not the 2020 cancellation!) Happy to renew it automatically each year until further notice. Let me know if you want me to reorder via the shop.

thanks

I've just checked; the subscription was suspended in the forums software because the last attempt at taking payment had failed. To tidy things up properly I've just cancelled the subscription at PayPal (it might send you an email to say that) as well as within the forums software.

So the easiest thing to do is to sign up again. Thanks.

Edited by eFestivals

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've just checked; the subscription was suspended in the forums software because the last attempt at taking payment had failed. To tidy things up properly I've just cancelled the subscription at PayPal (it might send you an email to say that) as well as within the forums software.

So the easiest thing to do is to sign up again. Thanks.

Done. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am currently conducting research on Generation Z's opinions and perceptions in drug consumption and alcohol use at music festivals.

If you are a young person (18-26) that has attended a music festival, I would really appreciate it if you could spare 12 minutes to complete this questionnaire, as part of my dissertation at the University of Lincoln. 

Here is the link for the questionnaire: https://unioflincoln.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bkAJwAIrGGt7kP4?Q_CHL=social&Q_SocialSource=linkedin

It would mean a lot to me to get as many responses as I can, all information will be confidential and anonymous.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Laura Marling and Snapped Ankles done!  That's them, Dub Pistols and October Drift done through efests links in the last few weeks!

Come on people, gigs are opening up and going on sale again, and buying them through the links costs you zero money or effort but it'll help the site out after a shit year

Edited by Quark

1 minute ago, funkychick2007 said:

Sorry to ask a stupid question how does the buying through the efests ticket link work?? I would like to support the site!  Do you just post the ticket web page on efests!! 
Im not great understanding these web/virtual things! 

U there's comissions paid on tickets boxoght via the links on this site

29 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Ah okay so if i post a link to an event it sort of tracks it if people buy tickets!!! Simples really!!l Now i know what to do!! 

If you post a link to see tickets or ticketmaster a clever.bit of code will change the link (not in An easily vidsible way) to add the correct tracking code to it so that efests getsa commission from any sales.

2 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Ah okay so if i post a link to an event it sort of tracks it if people buy tickets!!! Simples really!!l Now i know what to do!! 

Alternative is to use egigs.co.uk

Personally find that nice and easy to navigate by city, venue or artist 

• 5 months later...