please buy tickets via our links

eFestivals

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've not had a chance to look at it - just stupidly busy this time of year - tho now you've reminded me I'll make extra efforts to get round to investigating soon.

It wasn't a nag (wouldn't dare :) ) just curious if there was anything to it.  Anyway you can't be that busy, you only do Glastonbury stuff anyway, right? ;)

14 hours ago, eFestivals said:

This ^

Have found and fixed the problem, tho it's raised another more minor problem (visual rather than anything else) which I'll live with until I have more time to put into it. 

Sweet, there's a whole extra page of venues to check!  Cheers Neil

• 4 months later...
40 minutes ago, StePotts said:

Ticketweb link is dead ending, just so you know

thanks, will get it fixed.

update: it appears to be caused by a bug in the forums menu manager, so i've raised a ticket about it with the software makers. It might be a few days before it's fixed.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

@eFestivals how do you go about getting venues added to your list?  New live music venue has opened up in Horsham.  Is it based on your links with promoters / ticket agencies, or do you work with the venue directly?

if that venue sells their tickets with See or Ticketline (who's feeds we read) it'll get onto the systems here sooner or later.

There's just not the time to manually manage the ticket listings.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

if that venue sells their tickets with See or Ticketline (who's feeds we read) it'll get onto the systems here sooner or later.

No worries, was seeing if we could open up another revenue stream for you :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Question @eFestivals. Went to buy a ticket for Slow Readers Club @ The Haunt in Brighton on 9th Apr, and although you've got both the venue and the band listed and available for other gigs, that one in particular wasnt available through eGigs.

Any particular reason why one gig on a tour wouldn't be available? Afraid I had to buy direct from Seetickets.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Question @eFestivals. Went to buy a ticket for Slow Readers Club @ The Haunt in Brighton on 9th Apr, and although you've got both the venue and the band listed and available for other gigs, that one in particular wasnt available through eGigs.

Any particular reason why one gig on a tour wouldn't be available? Afraid I had to buy direct from Seetickets.

if you got it from See then the gig should have been in their event feed, which is what the gigs are listed from.

So i'm not entirely sure what went wrong, tho it's probably due to the manual intervention that's sometimes required for gigs to be listed.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, eFestivals said:

No worries, if I see it again on anything else I'll flag it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Another spot in your gig listings @eFestivals.

The Haunt in Brighton has closed and been replaced by Chalk. The ticket links on egigs are still working, but might confuse people searching for gig listings.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17917579.first-look-brighton-39-s-39-anti-club-39-chalk-39-bigger-better-haunt-39/

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@eFestivals did I remember reading somewhere on here that your revenue model for ticket referrals is under threat at the moment as well?  Debating buying some tickets now for later to try and help shore up some bands and venues, will you still be getting revenue from that?

No worries if it's business information you can't really share

29 minutes ago, Quark said:

@eFestivals did I remember reading somewhere on here that your revenue model for ticket referrals is under threat at the moment as well?  Debating buying some tickets now for later to try and help shore up some bands and venues, will you still be getting revenue from that?

No worries if it's business information you can't really share

Some (all? I'm not sure) ticket agents don't pay the booking fees on cancelled events, which gets deducted from future commissions - so there's going to be a hit from that. :( 

At worst (if it's cancelled), for a ticket bought today they'll take back any commission they've paid. So I'll get revenue from what you buy, as long as it isn't cancelled later.

Thanks for your support.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/17/2020 at 10:48 PM, Bryanr100 said:

Hello do you have any tickets for we are snow festival france 2021? 

Thank you 

Hey @Bryanr100

So efestivals doesn't actually have its own stock of tickets to sell.  If you search here or on egigs.co.uk for tickets, it will direct you to the ticket seller's website (e.g. SeeTickets) and efestivals gets a small referral fee if you then buy them.  Similar to using a cashback website, except the cashback goes to efestivals.  It's an additional income stream to keep the site going.

That's how I've always understood it, pretty sure someone will tell me if I'm wrong! Good luck with getting tickets :)