please buy tickets via our links

eFestivals

Just a reminder: please buy your festival and gig tickets via our links, as the small commission we get from each sale helps us pay the bills. This is vitally important, cos if we can't pay the bills we won't be here.

You'll find the links to some major agents in the menu at the top of the page. Go to  'shop' and then 'tickets'

Your support is appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by eFestivals

Can you whack the Glastonbury ticket links in here? The actual one and any others that people think are worth trying?

Do you still get the dosh if it's straight from a thread?

Unfortunately there's no commissions on Glastonbury tickets. :(

Outside of that, we should collect commissions from anything else sold via the major agents, even if there's a link posted by a user in a topic on the forums (as there's a clever bit of javascript that changes the URL to include anything it needs for the buy to be recognised as coming from here).

Income has taken a really really big hit this year, mostly due to the number of people now using mobiles (and mobiles being much harder to earn ad income from), but the ticket commissions have taken a hit too despite there being more traffic, so i'm trying a friendly reminder at a busy time to try and get them back up again.

Unfortunately there's no commissions on Glastonbury tickets. :(

Outside of that, we should collect commissions from anything else sold via the major agents, even if there's a link posted by a user in a topic on the forums (as there's a clever bit of javascript that changes the URL to include anything it needs for the buy to be recognised as coming from here).

Income has taken a really really big hit this year, mostly due to the number of people now using mobiles (and mobiles being much harder to earn ad income from), but the ticket commissions have taken a hit too despite there being more traffic, so i'm trying a friendly reminder at a busy time to try and get them back up again.

Ah ok, fair enough.

I've got so used to being advert free now that it always throws me out a bit if I log in from a PC I've not saved my password on.

I do forget to buy tickets through links on this site so a reminder every now and then can only be a good thing.

does this apply to all ticket outlets? planning on buying my tickets to slayers november uk tour next week, thats through seetickets I think, will do via an efests link if so. happy to help out

we don't  collect commissions from every ticket agent operating in the world, but we do from the more-major ones operating in the UK - See, Ticketmaster, Ticketline, Gigantic.

we don't  collect commissions from every ticket agent operating in the world, but we do from the more-major ones operating in the UK - See, Ticketmaster, Ticketline, Gigantic.

How about a Gig Tickets search bar under the Festivals search bar on the right hand side of the forum pages? If it's quicker/easier to use than going directly to Seetickets/Ticketmaster etc I'm sure it'll get used.

How about a Gig Tickets search bar under the Festivals search bar on the right hand side of the forum pages? If it's quicker/easier to use than going directly to Seetickets/Ticketmaster etc I'm sure it'll get used.

Funnily enough, that'll be a part of the new site which i hope to put online next week. :)

(I'm waiting on an updated plugin to be written before I can do it, which is promised for around a week's time. Fingers crossed).

Funnily enough, that'll be a part of the new site which i hope to put online next week. :)

(I'm waiting on an updated plugin to be written before I can do it, which is promised for around a week's time. Fingers crossed).

How about if I let you take credit for my awesome idea I get some of that sweet sweet comission? Or a one-off consultancy fee payment?

:wink:

Whack it in on Saturday night, just for a laugh.

yes, it does do. You don't see it in your own post, unless the page is fully reloaded.

So yes, please buy stuff from amazon via any of the amazon links here (it's also in the full site menu at the top of the page, and in both the full-site and mobile menus of the new site which'll launch within a few weeks).

Is it easy to put the links people need to click in the original post to get tickets so you get commission...

The easier you make it the more likely they are do do it. I know they are at the top in the menus but people seem to like things placed in front of them!!

The affiliate links are auto-added to any links people post.

And while I agree that it works better to put links in front of people, it's not really possible to put them all in front of people. However, the upgraded website (which I hope to get installed this week) will do a better job of brining this stuff to people's attention.

I keep forgetting that I can help you by giving you commission buying tickets.

Just this week bought Bill Bailey tickets and forgot - will be buying tickets to Steven Wilson at Hammersmith shortly so I will make sure I click through here.

Sorry Neil/Scottie totally and utterly forgot.

I will remember in future I promise!