2016 Acts

MusicMatters2U

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So the app is out, and it has the stage splits. I think it makes it look even worse. I'll copy it out for you here in case anyone is interested!

Thursday Big Top

Status Quo
Cast
Maxi Jazz and the E-Type Boys
The Dolls

Friday Main Stage

Faithless
Stereophonics

Everything Everything
Jess Glynne
Busted
Reverend & The Makers

Friday Big Top

Sigma (live)
Joanne Shaw Taylor
Lissie
Gabrielle Aplin
Black Violin
Blossoms
Kerri Watt

Saturday Main Stage

The Who
Richard Ashcroft
Iggy Pop
The Kills
The Corrs
Turin Brakes
Alabama 3
Sunset Sons
Polly Money

Saturday Big Top

Pendulum (DJ Set)
Adam Ant
The Damned
The Buzzcocks
The Godfathers
The Dolls
The High Kings
Germein Sisters
Simon Townshend
Bang Bang Romeo
The Lounge Kittens

Sunday Main Stage

Queen + Adam Lambert
Ocean Colour Scene
The Cribs
Mike + The Mechanics
Twin Atlantic
Half Moon Run
The High Kings

Sunday Big Top

Feeder
The Wonder Stuff
Reef
SIXX:AM
Gutterdämmerung
The Family Rain
The Second Sons
The Carnabys
The Novatones

Ocean Colour Scene subbing Queen is even more baffling than Richard Ashcroft on his own being a sub!

I'm going, but only because of the cheaper tickets. I can't get over Ocean Colour Scene subbing Queen. I thought they were going to be in the Big Top! It's especially odd when you've got Iggy Pop, who's just released his best album in years, just before Ashcroft on the Saturday... And clashing Iggy Pop and the punk bands in the Big Top on the Saturday is just bad booking. 

Yeah, I'm going, but not particularly looking forward to it. Just going because I go every year with family, and I waited for the cheap ticket last week. It's such a baffling lineup. Think I'll probably end up spending all the money I saved on the ticket on booze because I'll be bored!

Everyone I know has sworn off buying tickets soon now and will be waiting until the full lineup is out instead. Really don't know what Giddings was thinking this year - he's booked great bills in the past, has he suddenly just gone completely out of touch or just misjudged things terribly? With the smaller festivals becoming stronger and stronger I hope they see the poor sales so far as a sign they need to take things more seriously.

I think he spent a lot on the headliners last year which meant a poorer undercard whereas this year it's the opposite. There are some decent names this year: Everything Everything, Blossoms, The Cribs, The Kills, Busted, The Family Rain etc but they don't entice people to buy tickets, the headliners do and Stereophonics have done it three times, Faithless and The Who have done it before and Queen with Adam Lambert is clearly not exciting people. He's gonna need to go big next year, or I fear for the festival which would be a shame as it's certainly got something about it. 

1 hour ago, LiamMcMillen said:

I think he spent a lot on the headliners last year which meant a poorer undercard whereas this year it's the opposite. There are some decent names this year: Everything Everything, Blossoms, The Cribs, The Kills, Busted, The Family Rain etc but they don't entice people to buy tickets, the headliners do and Stereophonics have done it three times, Faithless and The Who have done it before and Queen with Adam Lambert is clearly not exciting people. He's gonna need to go big next year, or I fear for the festival which would be a shame as it's certainly got something about it. 

See I have to disagree that there's a stronger undercard, while there are a few things on the undercard that I will see, it all feels a bit "been there, done that" and none of the undercard looks expensive - it's stuff you'd get at small-midsize festival, not one costing £200. Victorious has acts of this calibre or higher and offers tickets at £30 a day. A lot are acts that haven't done anything of real relevance for years.

They always did a good job of balancing good new stuff, some classic stuff, and some unknown stuff while having massive headliners. They've massively dropped the ball on the current stuff this year for me - Everything Everything and Blossoms should be decent, but the likes of The Kills and The Cribs are way too high up the bill.

I share your fears about its future though. It's a good event and while it doesn't have the strength in depth that other festivals have, the main stage and headliners were usually strong. This year, they're really not.

I do have to admit I would be more excited about The Who if I hadn't been to Glastonbury last year!

Ocean Colour Scene subbing is absolutely the worst booking I've seen at a festival.

It'll be a nice couple of days drinking cider in the sun(hopefully) but hard to get excited over the lineup, even if we go again, which is doubtful, we will wait until the lineup is out. 

I wonder if there are any more bands to be added as the lineup on the main stage is a bit light and the timings seem a bit arbitrary.

does make you wonder how much Fleetwood Mac cost last year, next year needs to be a stellar lineup otherwise the festival may die away.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

Managed to win tickets and after looking through the line-up again I am actually incredibly excited

Everything there is naff and there is no way I'd pay to go but footie, tribute acts and bagged wine guarantees a good weekend

I fear you might actually believe this lol.

Had a great weekend to be honest; can't imagine how someone could justify paying £195 for a ticket but the atmosphere was really pleasant and relaxed, something that I think was in part aided by the dreadful ticket sales

We pitched up around 7pm on Friday in Purple 3 (a campsite that according to a regular punter is usually full) and it was probably 3/4ths empty; there was also barely any congestion on any of the paths, even after headliners

Definitely made for a very easy-going festival experience, would have been happy to pay £50/60 for the weekend and will definitely look out for cheap tickets in the future