• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Tenuous link to GM here but I thought it was worth mentioning.

There's a show on the telly now where the guy from The Revolution Will Be Televised is getting Crickhowell small business to band together and legally dodge tax, as Amazon, Starbuck et al like to do. Only saw a few minutes while I was brewing up, but I'll watch it on the BBC website later because it looked really interesting. They pointed out that Facebook paid less tax last year than all of Crickhowell's small businesses.

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Dare we dream of Sufjan? One thing I observed last year was that loads of people were wearing Sufjan t-shirts.

It would be good, but (I know this is stupid) it's slightly less amazing because of headlining EOTR last year, I don't want GM to make a habit of getting seconds on EOTR headliners-  although it's happened a lot the other way round too.

Edited by Chawk

10 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So this is announcing next tuesday? Very interesting. What are the dates this year? Any guesses for headliners?

18-21 August. Not a clue about headliners. That's what's good about GM, Ive never managed (with possible exception of SFA last year) to guess a single headliner. Don't think anyone would have put money on ST Vincent last year and she was excellent. 

Be good to see the National or Bon Ivor or Bat for Lashes. BC camplight is a strong rumour to appear somewhere on the bill

1 hour ago, glastobuds said:

18-21 August. Not a clue about headliners. That's what's good about GM, Ive never managed (with possible exception of SFA last year) to guess a single headliner. Don't think anyone would have put money on ST Vincent last year and she was excellent. 

Be good to see the National or Bon Ivor or Bat for Lashes. BC camplight is a strong rumour to appear somewhere on the bill

Cheers! If it's the national I'd obviously be all over it. Or Bon Iver.

They also tweeted some Belle & Sebastian lyrics this morning, pretty good, I really like The Boy with the Arab Strap etc, they're not a headliner I'd get really excited about like Sufjan or Neutral Milk Hotel though, but sure the set would be really fun.  

Also have replied to tweets about White Demin, so shaping up well so far! And yeah Animal Collective would headline.

Edited by Chawk