Bestival 2016 Headliners?

jackarmy

we didn't have one this year (although the headliners were all a bit duffer than usual anyway) so i'm hoping that's a trend that will continue. ever since pulling out of Latitude TDCC seem to have just disappeared. think/hope they may return with a Vaccines level of degrading festival slots

Would have still been better than Duran Duran :P

Edited by LondonTom

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I thought Duran Duran were fantastic - expected a bit of a cheesy singalong and a dance, ended up having a moment when they played Ordinary World and an absolutely amazing time with all the other absolute tunes they have (may have been under the influence of certain substances but still)

The XX for the Friday night slot seems to make so much sense for next year 

Yep, I thought Duran Duran were fantastic - expected a bit of a cheesy singalong and a dance, ended up having a moment when they played Ordinary World and an absolutely amazing time with all the other absolute tunes they have (may have been under the influence of certain substances but still)

sounds like i had the exact same experience as you (Ordinary World moment and under the influence of substances included). had such a great time

The XX for the Friday night slot seems to make so much sense for next year 

yeah i'd be surprised if they're not one of the headliners - seem a natural fit to step up after RDB loved their 2012 performance so much

Duran Duran are actually a bit more than some cheesy thing. They're a pretty good band with some pretty good songs.

Oh yeah for sure, my parents are big fans so I grew up listening to them a fair bit, but for some reason I just expected it to be a little bit cheesy just cause they're obviously a bit older now - very pleased it was the opposite 

Muse can fuck off, if they have the budget to splash out on a massive act like that at least book an interesting one.

Seeing as they were willing to do Download, I don't reckon they'd be that steep. Certainly the biggest headliners if booked & are too big to have been special guests, would have sold a shed load of more tickets for Bestival this year.

Well if Muse do it, its because they really want to do it rather than for the money, so might be cheaper than usual. (Their ticket prices and vip packages would say otherwise, but that could be the cost of their new stage show more than anything else.). Just thinking that maybe the Da Bank's could offer them something arty/extra to the stage show which Muse are all about.

• 3 weeks later...