Bestival 2016 Headliners?

jackarmy

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the 2015 line up has changed my expectations of who I feel could potentially play besti in 2016. Before this year, I thought anything was possible for playing there, but the line up as a whole had a very underwhelming undercard to be honest (still had an amazing time).

I'm hoping RDB goes back to the same sort of bands that played in 2011, a much broader spectrum, and more bands with instruments. I think a phenomenal booking for headliner would be Blood Hound Gang, although since they seem to be in retirement I dunno if they could afford their fee. Also, a new upcoming band of some sort who could get their first major headline slot, and I'm still thinking Will Smith would be amazing. Fuck the haters

I feel like the 2015 line up has changed my expectations of who I feel could potentially play besti in 2016. Before this year, I thought anything was possible for playing there, but the line up as a whole had a very underwhelming undercard to be honest (still had an amazing time).

I'm hoping RDB goes back to the same sort of bands that played in 2011, a much broader spectrum, and more bands with instruments. I think a phenomenal booking for headliner would be Blood Hound Gang, although since they seem to be in retirement I dunno if they could afford their fee. Also, a new upcoming band of some sort who could get their first major headline slot, and I'm still thinking Will Smith would be amazing. Fuck the haters

Wait...You think Bloodhound Gang should headline the main stage?

Are you on crack?

Bloodhound Gang!? jesus we're scraping the barrel here

i'm all aboard the Will Smith train though. he just needs to give some indication he's doing music/performing live again first (other than apparently being in the studio with Drake and Kanye once or twice)

2011/12 set my expectations ridiculously high for Bestival. seemed like it was about to reach the levels of the other major festivals, and then just kind of... didn't. i'm not even that bothered about it booking acts as headliners who aren't up to Stevie Wonder/The Cure/Elton John level etc - but at least make sure they're exciting and headliner worthy. and yeah, the undercard has definitely taken a walloping too (this years Main Stage (apart from Friday, imo) is a good indication of this)

Edited by FloorFiller

Crossing my fingers for Prince, he's obviously notoriously difficult but I could see it happening

Glastonbury is (seemingly) out of the equation these days so Bestival must be in the equation if he wants to do a festival over here, although i'm sure IOW would throw an insane amount of money to get him instead

Wait...You think Bloodhound Gang should headline the main stage?

Are you on crack?

Yeah I'm on crack, but what's that got to do with anything?

It's the sort of niche random booking that would go down amazingly on the besti main stage. They would be well over capacity on the big top, so main stage it is

RDB has said he wants Prince and tried every year. I heard Prince doesn't give more than 8 weeks confirmation, which is hard for any festival to have him as a headliner.

I think they took too much of the besti budget out and put it towards their Toronto and Common People festivals. It noticed with the line up and art decor this year. What was there was good, but the main stage was completely bare. Should have kept the main stage decorations from 2011 with the smiley face etc

It's the sort of niche random booking that would go down amazingly on the besti main stage. They would be well over capacity on the big top, so main stage it is

Bloodhound Gang played Sin City in Swansea in 2007, and didn't sell it out. This is a 300 capacity venue...

i think you;re massively overestimating how much of a shit people give about Bloodhound Gang. it isn't 2001 anymore

RDB has said he wants Prince and tried every year. I heard Prince doesn't give more than 8 weeks confirmation, which is hard for any festival to have him as a headliner.

I think they took too much of the besti budget out and put it towards their Toronto and Common People festivals. It noticed with the line up and art decor this year. What was there was good, but the main stage was completely bare. Should have kept the main stage decorations from 2011 with the smiley face etc

The main stage hasn't been decorated properly since 2011.  2012 had that owl canopy with laser eyes, which was cool, and 2013 had the massive anchor, but the last couple of years they've relied on animated video screens to make it look interesting.  I much prefer the hearts, faces, peace sign, etc.

i think you;re massively overestimating how much of a shit people give about Bloodhound Gang. it isn't 2001 anymore

Did anyone give a sh1t in 2001?! I seem to remember they played the Thekla in Bristol back then - which holds probably about 300 people!

House of Pain were being dismissed on here as the special guest choice - and they have at least written one all-time classic tune.

Two Door Cinema Club as one of the duff indie headliners.

we didn't have one this year (although the headliners were all a bit duffer than usual anyway) so i'm hoping that's a trend that will continue. ever since pulling out of Latitude TDCC seem to have just disappeared. think/hope they may return with a Vaccines level of degrading festival slots

Or any year. B)

i always get previous Bestival and Latitude headliners mixed up. it's Latitude that almost always has a standard indie headliner

I was expecting Maccabees this year for that role, maybe they'll step up next year.

nah don't think they'll be nearly big enough (and if they were to headline any festival, Latitude would probably be the one)