Bestival 2016 Headliners?

jackarmy

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We usually have to leave early pre headliners on a Sunday (real ife sucks) but occasionally we stay if its something special, looks like we will be tucked up in bed for the fireworks this year then.

I have been to 9 bestivals and also attended common people and am going to my first camp bestival this year and my personal impression is that Sunday Best are possibly stretched a bit too thinly this year as I know its not about the headliners but aside from the grime takeover in the big top the rest is pretty much a phoned in line up.  Maybe its time for Bestival to have a reboot, I appreciate and respect RDB for bringing this great thing to the island where i live and also the huge costs involved and maybe its time to have a break for a year (im sure i will be buying an early bird again out of habit). But the faux hippy cult of RDB and co. just seems to be a bit tiresome or maybe i am just too old now (46) I hope its not the latter as i still love going raving etc

Edited by 2853rob

I miss the old forum to, before they revamped it.

The headliners are probably the worst ever for me (my 11th year) ever. I totally agree with the stretched thin comment, there's so many acts that are becoming resident, and don't get me wrong, i love a party with Fatboy, Carl Cox et al, and they will be as amazing as always. 

Anyways, I'm still going and I'm still going to have a fucking amazing time, and I guess the mass repeat of artists means it will be like meeting up with old friends ahahaha

3 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Does anyone have an idea of last ferry times on the Sunday?

The ferries from Fishbourne run all night.  Bear in mind that the Spaceport and Big Top headliners won't finish until about 3am.

http://www.wightlink.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/timetable-portsmouth-to-fishbourne.pdf

Edited by smogo

Major disappointment that announcement.

Although the addition of Crystal fighters is always good - but like others have been saying it feels very small time this lineup... and familiar.

What also worries me is the percentage of knobheads that may be attracted by this lineup. I'm not trying to be a music snob (apologies if thats how it sounds) but i definitely noticed an increase just in the two years that i went.

The Cure aside, really nothing on that lineup that grabs me that I haven't seen elsewhere this year. They really have seen to have struggled securing that final headliner in the past few years. Who knows it Rob was being truthful about nearly having Prince this year (I just don't see it myself) but if he was its a damn shame as it really could've saved the festival this year 

Wasn't too hopeful on the Sunday headliner front, its become a bit of a thing for that slot to be shit. Sure there will be something on in the Big Top or on the Spaceport. 

Saturday run of Wolf Alice > Ride > The Cure > Leftfield is one of the best I've seen on any lineup this year. 

1 hour ago, JustJoe1990 said:

Well I just had three people drop out from our group after that headliner announcement which is really disappointing. Don't suppose anyone is interested in purchasing any discounted tickets? <_<

Your 3 mates dropped out because of one or two acts? Unreal.

I'm yet to go to a festival where I like all the artists xD