New Order

Zoo Music Girl

2 minutes ago, davidd said:

I think these shows, in such a small venue are going to fucking immense . Smallest since the Hacienda for me at least. I was absolutely made up when i got them.

If i manage to secure tickets for Glastonbury that would make my year i think.

I went last year to watch Black Grape there. It is a fantastic venue.

44 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Do the tickets have anti-tout measures? Cause I'll probably buy one nearer the time if not

No I don't think so. Can't seem to find sny on the secondary ticketing sites though as of yet, as I need another for the 1st of July gig.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Pretty cool setlist, especially with the La Roux feature which I reckon would be great - absolutely no idea if that show was particularly good though? 

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

Pretty cool setlist, especially with the La Roux feature which I reckon would be great - absolutely no idea if that show was particularly good though? 

No idea mate. The best live albums from them are the Bestival set from a few years ago and the Pumped Full of Drugs release from back in the day.

The Finsbury park gig in the rain is ace as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheSheriff said:

Has anyone seen Peter Hook & The Light, are they any good? Playing quite local to me tonight so wondering if it's worth popping down.

Saw them at bestival a couple of years ago, they were good, but not spectacular. Worth it if it's not too expensive and you like the tunes

• Upvote 1

Just now, MattDavies__ said:

Peter Hook is ace, I'd always recommend. Setlists on this tour look great too. 

Heard a few people say his vocals are rubbish and a bit bass heavy on the New Order tracks. But both Substance albums in full is swaying me towards a trip to Cardiff tonight 

55 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

Heard a few people say his vocals are rubbish and a bit bass heavy on the New Order tracks. But both Substance albums in full is swaying me towards a trip to Cardiff tonight 

Well he's obviously no Curtis but his voice is far better than Bernard's is now :P 

7 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Hes a bad prick.

6 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Well he's obviously no Curtis but his voice is far better than Bernard's is now :P 

Nah no chance. He ruins the New Order songs. He should let Pottsy sing the New Order ones and he should stick to the Joy Division ones.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Saw him last summer at Watchet. Totaly disapointed with the karaoke performance, wandered off to get a beer and I wasn't even that thirsty! He came across as really having no respect for the music - just a bit of an arse wanting an audience.

18 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Fair nuff. I saw him at Victorious which was a much shorter set & full of hits anyway, so perhaps I didn't get a true reflection of one of his shows. 

I can't really argue with the expert that is @eastynh anyways :P 

Am not really an expert mate, just a fan. I have the upmost respect for his bass lines and the part he played in making the most important music in my life.

I do not know the bloke so maybe wide of the mark when calling him a prick. Yet that is the impression I get from listening to him speak. 

On 17/03/2017 at 11:50 PM, HalfAnIdiot said:

Saw him last summer at Watchet. Totaly disapointed with the karaoke performance, wandered off to get a beer and I wasn't even that thirsty! He came across as really having no respect for the music - just a bit of an arse wanting an audience.

I thought they were excellent, awesome set, short but perfectly formed.:D

Disclaimer: Cider was cheap, I was rat arsed.

On 3/17/2017 at 11:53 PM, MattDavies__ said:

Fair nuff. I saw him at Victorious which was a much shorter set & full of hits anyway, so perhaps I didn't get a true reflection of one of his shows. 

Yeah I thought it was great. It was a great atmosphere if not an authentic experience of the music as it was intended. A bit like going to see Brian Wilson.