New Order

Zoo Music Girl

Ahhhh its a lovely day in Manc and that whole announcement sounds so cool - Ride, Sampha, Bonobo, New Order, Hookworms, Let's Eat Grandma - plus all the rest of the arts/theatre stuff. I'm well excited for summer now. 

Also this sounds great. 

Edited by MattDavies__

33 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

So what exactly is this, and whend do tickets go on General sale? They don't seem to have publicised it the usual way.

Tomorrow at 1pm.

It is a gig with a shit load of synths. Sounds like they are going to play the synth parts live rather than playing tapes or triggering loops. 

49 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Tomorrow at 1pm.

It is a gig with a shit load of synths. Sounds like they are going to play the synth parts live rather than playing tapes or triggering loops. 

If I had of read my e-mails, I would have had one in the pre-sale. I will be trying tomorrow then. New Order website seems to say 10am, but everywhere else says 1pm. I'm guessing the tickets are only available from the one website. Hopefully it shouldn't be too bad trying to get them.

Edited by Alan_C

21 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

You gonna go to all 5?

No chance mate. Am in Benicassim for 2 of the dates and I am all over the show watching Depeche Mode this summer. I have just got tickets for the 6th July one and that is going to be my lot I think.

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

No chance mate. Am in Benicassim for 2 of the dates and I am all over the show watching Depeche Mode this summer. I have just got tickets for the 6th July one and that is going to be my lot I think.

You going to anything else? The True Faith exhibition looks great & Underworld's street poem sounds interesting, both free. Tempted by the Tony Wilson night too but can't really fork out another 15 quid. I'm really excited by the entire festival programme to be honest. 

Really hope I get a ticket for one of these gigs. Will forever be kicking myself if I miss the chance to see New Order in Manchester 

5 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

You going to anything else? The True Faith exhibition looks great & Underworld's street poem sounds interesting, both free. Tempted by the Tony Wilson night too but can't really fork out another 15 quid. I'm really excited by the entire festival programme to be honest. 

Really hope I get a ticket for one of these gigs. Will forever be kicking myself if I miss the chance to see New Order in Manchester 

Need to have a look at the full program mate and see whats what. June/July seems to be hectic this year (which is a good thing)

In regards to the True Faith exhibition, I am not too bothered with things like that. I have mentioned it on here before that I am not overly bothered by the aesthetic side of New Order. I know how well it is regarded but I got into them by people giving me tapes when I was literally a kid. I did not even know the song nor album titles at 1st, never mind anything regarding the sleeve designs.

Will be a bit mad on the 1st July date. Hooky will be doing Hacienda classical at Castlefield, while New Order will be playing literally a few hundred yards away on Quay St.

12 hours ago, Alan_C said:

If I had of read my e-mails, I would have had one in the pre-sale. I will be trying tomorrow then. New Order website seems to say 10am, but everywhere else says 1pm. I'm guessing the tickets are only available from the one website. Hopefully it shouldn't be too bad trying to get them.

Same here, only read my emails close to midnight, think it will be very tough to get tickets today, especially for the Saturday shows.

I got them...just! Was waiting for half an hour, but they were all saying sold out when I went to choose my tickets. Attempted a few more times and managed to get them for 6th July. Going to Kraftwerk, Roses, New Order and James over a 6 week period. Call me Easty!

15 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I know the downvotes are coming here but I would swap a million Glastonbury tickets for one New Order ticket.

I think these shows, in such a small venue are going to fucking immense . Smallest since the Hacienda for me at least. I was absolutely made up when i got them.

If i manage to secure tickets for Glastonbury that would make my year i think.