New Order

Zoo Music Girl

2 hours ago, davidd said:

There are a couple of tickets on stubhub , has anyone got any experience of using them ? 

I've actually started using them recently. I got a Muse ticket that should of been 70 quid for 20 quid on the day and 2 busted tickets that should of been 100 total for 26 quid for me and my gf (blame her).

I'd never use it for face value and above tickets though

19 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

I've actually started using them recently. I got a Muse ticket that should of been 70 quid for 20 quid on the day and 2 busted tickets that should of been 100 total for 26 quid for me and my gf (blame her).

I'd never use it for face value and above tickets though

That's a bit of bargain mate, apart from the Busted ones obviously ;-)

I've had a look at the reviews and they're not good to be honest and i'm not gambling over £100 on the back of them. I've asked around and got a few promising replies, just got to be patient i suppose.

7 minutes ago, swede said:

Seeing them at latitude and wasn't really that fussed until I watched the BBC coverage, now I can't wait 

I've not been arsed one way or another for years , didn't bother the last time they played Glastonbury but made a point this year after loving the last album and i fucking love 'em again now, fickle bastard that i am ! 

1 hour ago, davidd said:

That's a bit of bargain mate, apart from the Busted ones obviously ;-)

I've had a look at the reviews and they're not good to be honest and i'm not gambling over £100 on the back of them. I've asked around and got a few promising replies, just got to be patient i suppose.

You'll definitely be able to get tickets outside it's just if you want to go there (not sure how much of a treck it is for you) to potentially not get one/not want to pay what they are selling for 

Hope you manage to get sorted though! I'm going and I hope it's going to amazing so really do hope you get one! :)

22 hours ago, davidd said:

Have a top night mate, this weather's a bit shit at the mo but fuck it, bit of rain never hurt anyone, it's the mud you've got to watch out for ;-)

Had an ace night mate. Was really shocked at how good it was as I was not expecting much. Must have been difficult for Hooky with Caroline Aherne passing yesterday.

On another note there was something my stomach did not agree with. Only had 3 beers tops, but I have been chucking up none stop for hours. Not sure what caused it. It has been horrid though.

Have a look on Gumtree for tickets, there are loads around face value.

https://www.gumtree.com/search?search_category=all&q=new+order+tickets&search_location=&search-gumtree=

34 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

You'll definitely be able to get tickets outside it's just if you want to go there (not sure how much of a treck it is for you) to potentially not get one/not want to pay what they are selling for 

Hope you manage to get sorted though! I'm going and I hope it's going to amazing so really do hope you get one! :)

Thanks mate, i'm pretty confident that i'll get in one way or another. My wife's desperate to see them after we watched the set yesterday together but she won't be keen on turning up without a ticket but i'll convince her it'll be fine. She's so pissed off that she didn't come to Glastonbury !

10 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Had an ace night mate. Was really shocked at how good it was as I was not expecting much. Must have been difficult for Hooky with Caroline Aherne passing yesterday.

On another note there was something my stomach did not agree with. Only had 3 beers tops, but I have been chucking up none stop for hours. Not sure what caused it. It has been horrid though.

Have a look on Gumtree for tickets, there are loads around face value.

https://www.gumtree.com/search?search_category=all&q=new+order+tickets&search_location=&search-gumtree=

I was a bit uneasy about how the format would work myself to be honest , so i've never bothered trying for tickets, glad you enjoyed it. A few of my mates went last night and said it was fantastic. Couldn't agree more about the Hooky situation,must've been very difficult , such a shame.

Bit of a pisser being ill mate, dodgy beer?

I'll have a butchers on Gumtree mate, i'd ideally want tickets in my hand before the gig so as long as i can pick 'em up in town or summat.

On 28/06/2016 at 2:02 PM, Dominic1983 said:

The band were absolutely amazing, but the crowd where I was standing (far left about 40 rows back) were completely dead and it marred it slightly! Anyone else notice that?

Far right about the same position, crowd were very much up for it and really made for a good gig to be at.

3 minutes ago, davidd said:

I was a bit uneasy about how the format would work myself to be honest , so i've never bothered trying for tickets, glad you enjoyed it. A few of my mates went last night and said it was fantastic. Couldn't agree more about the Hooky situation,must've been very difficult , such a shame.

Bit of a pisser being ill mate, dodgy beer?

I'll have a butchers on Gumtree mate, i'd ideally want tickets in my hand before the gig so as long as i can pick 'em up in town or summat.

No idea what it was mate, but was chucking up from 5am till around noon today. Whether it was something I ate, I do not know. It has absolutely worn me down though. Get through Glasto fine and then end up ill a week later for no apparent reason.

Ceremony and Your Silent Face at Roskilde, Crystal dropped. I would have taken that!

Singularity
Ceremony
Your Silent Face
Tutti Frutti
Bizarre Love Triangle
Waiting for the Sirens' Call
Plastic
The Perfect Kiss
True Faith
Blue Monday
Temptation
Love Will Tear Us Apart

3 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Ceremony and Your Silent Face at Roskilde, Crystal dropped. I would have taken that!

Singularity
Ceremony
Your Silent Face
Tutti Frutti
Bizarre Love Triangle
Waiting for the Sirens' Call
Plastic
The Perfect Kiss
True Faith
Blue Monday
Temptation
Love Will Tear Us Apart

How long was the set mate?

Just been looking at torrents and comes in at 82 minutes I think. Sure the Glastonbury length was 78 minutes, I'm sure they could have squeezed them in if they said 'fuck em'!

8 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Just been looking at torrents and comes in at 82 minutes I think. Sure the Glastonbury length was 78 minutes, I'm sure they could have squeezed them in if they said 'fuck em'!

They should be playing more than 12 songs in 82 minutes really. 

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

Anyone know whats going on with the support for Saturday?

I think it is Jake Evans.

I am not too bothered about the support as I am just going to try and take it all in. Hopefully I am wrong here but I think this could be the last time they ever play Manchester. I have decided not to go Berlin in September, so this could actually be the last time I get to see them.

Like I said, hopefully I am wrong and they go off to record a new album. Just hope the upcoming court case does not finish them off.

Edited by eastynh

Thank you!!

Nah I'm not too bothered about support but it's nice to know  :D not had an email about it or owt! And I thought the Roses cut it fine ha!

Ohhh! I really hope that's not true either!! We'll keep our fingers crossed! I love New Order, really dont want this to be the last time I see them! :(

They could have made more of their allotted time if they really wanted to, rather than whinging and having a dig at Adele over the lack of time.  I felt they were just going through the motions no real effort to engage the crowd.  They could have just come straight on at the start rather than wasting time with a stupid intro and they didn't need to go off stage before love will tear us apart again a waste of time. How many other headliners went offstage for an encore over the weekend?. If they were really concerned about lack of time they could have made up for it and squeezed in another song or even two.  Their heart wasn't in it unfortunately and they could have thrown in regret at the start to get a buzz going and grab the casual fans. while I enjoyed the set it just seemed like they had no interest in being there.  I have seen them at festivals in the past where they have been much better....

41 minutes ago, The_Wiseman said:

They could have made more of their allotted time if they really wanted to, rather than whinging and having a dig at Adele over the lack of time.  I felt they were just going through the motions no real effort to engage the crowd.  They could have just come straight on at the start rather than wasting time with a stupid intro and they didn't need to go off stage before love will tear us apart again a waste of time. How many other headliners went offstage for an encore over the weekend?. If they were really concerned about lack of time they could have made up for it and squeezed in another song or even two.  Their heart wasn't in it unfortunately and they could have thrown in regret at the start to get a buzz going and grab the casual fans. while I enjoyed the set it just seemed like they had no interest in being there.  I have seen them at festivals in the past where they have been much better....

If they had no interest in being there, why treck all the way down there in shit weather to play for 75 minutes? When they could have sat at home playing with the tanks, sat on the yacht or counted the millions?

When have New Order ever engaged the crowd in their entire history? Its always been a case of this is what you get, if you don't like it then fuck off.

I totally agree with you about the encore, absolute waste of time.

Edited by eastynh

23 hours ago, eastynh said:

I think it is Jake Evans.

I am not too bothered about the support as I am just going to try and take it all in. Hopefully I am wrong here but I think this could be the last time they ever play Manchester. I have decided not to go Berlin in September, so this could actually be the last time I get to see them.

Like I said, hopefully I am wrong and they go off to record a new album. Just hope the upcoming court case does not finish them off.

Any idea why they haven't announced any support yet? Bit weird. Just hope the weather holds up, remember getting piss wet through for Noel there last year. Not holding my breath..

Been thinking the same mate!

All the others who are doing Castlefield this week have their times up with supports and that on the evening news but NO's just says TBA.

Weird! :)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/sounds-city-manchester-castlefield-guide-11528806

Edited by Wellyboot

22 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Any idea why they haven't announced any support yet? Bit weird. Just hope the weather holds up, remember getting piss wet through for Noel there last year. Not holding my breath..

13 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Been thinking the same mate!

All the others who are doing Castlefield this week have their times up with supports and that on the evening news but NO's just says TBA.

Weird! :)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/sounds-city-manchester-castlefield-guide-11528806

They might shock us all and have Hooky do a support set of Unknown Pleasures, then get him back on stage for an encore of LWTUA before walking off hand in hand, into the sunset.

In reality we are looking at the likes of Hot Vestry, Factory Floor, Jake Evans or at a push Johnny Marr. 

• Upvote 1