New Order

Zoo Music Girl

18 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No chance it was anything to do with New Order. They have been playing regulary over 2 hours on this tour. Bernards last words on Saturday were, and I quote "We would love to play for longer, but for some reason they won't let us"

Their own shows vs. festival sets tho init. They're doing 75 mins at Werchter and Roskilde too. If he said that then fair enough but seems very strange to give longer sets to bands earlier on that day compared to the others, and then take that off the headliner.

14 minutes ago, Divein said:

Other stage headliners get 75 minutes apart from 1 who get 90 minutes 

this year that was LCD 

Disclosure had 90 minutes but lost 15 minutes because of the stage being delayed. New Order were the only one without.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Their own shows vs. festival sets tho init. They're doing 75 mins at Werchter and Roskilde too. If he said that then fair enough but seems very strange to give longer sets to bands earlier on that day compared to the others, and then take that off the headliner.

Disclosure had 90 minutes but lost 15 minutes because of the stage being delayed. New Order were the only one without.

They were the words out of his mouth mate.

Does not matter now as it has been and gone. You are never going to please all the people, but I get the impression most people left happily on Saturday and thats all you can ask for. They were better in Berlin and at Jodrell Bank, plus they have played better tunes recently. Yet you could not really ask for more from them.

Lets hope they carry on and that Hooky does not finish them off.

Watched the set again an hour ago and loved it, even with Barney's occassional whoop! Stood right near the front and where we were the crowd was loving it.

Shame about the length of the set obviously but what can you do ? We had a blast, tunes were generally aced and i'd do it again in a heartbeat if possible.

4 hours ago, Dominic1983 said:

The band were absolutely amazing, but the crowd where I was standing (far left about 40 rows back) were completely dead and it marred it slightly! Anyone else notice that?

Ha, that was because people were stuck in the mud!- it was like glue and pretty deep in places around the stage- I know I was struggling to move

I have to say we were just behind the sound stage to the right and I really enjoyed the set seemed to pass dead quickly mind you....for me it was a highlight of the weekend :)

Seeing them in 10 days at Castlefield so should be good to see them again

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Ha, that was because people were stuck in the mud!- it was like glue and pretty deep in places around the stage- I know I was struggling to move

It was brutal, I stood on a bin bag so I can least do a bit of dancing (and I did pick it up and put it in bin afterwards)

As soon as they started I asked my friends if they wanted to move a bit further forward, as I NEEDED to! They said no and that was the last I saw them for the weekend! :D

Walked until I was in a spot with atmosphere and booming sound, and got my groove on.

Sirens was an unexpected highlight, I didn't really know that tune going in, but it totally got me. Have since listened back to the studio version, and, well, they've improved on it since then, that's for sure!

2 hours ago, Simpo said:

As soon as they started I asked my friends if they wanted to move a bit further forward, as I NEEDED to! They said no and that was the last I saw them for the weekend! :D

Walked until I was in a spot with atmosphere and booming sound, and got my groove on.

Sirens was an unexpected highlight, I didn't really know that tune going in, but it totally got me. Have since listened back to the studio version, and, well, they've improved on it since then, that's for sure!

This is the mix they play live. It is by no means one of their best tunes but works perfectly in the live set. I have been singing its praises for a long time in this thread and telling everyone it would sound top at Glastonbury,

These were just as shite as the last couple of times I've seen them. Time to accept they are just not my kind of thing I guess.

Wish I'd gone to adele so I could have moaned about it on here for the next couple of weeks.

Still, at least they were better than the first couple of songs of james blake I saw. That was truly awful stuff.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, davidd said:

There are a couple of tickets on stubhub , has anyone got any experience of using them ? 

Mate stay well away. Set up an alert on Twickets, you will get some.

I am off to Castlefield tonight for Hacienda Classical and have no idea what to expect. I have refrained from watching Youtube videos.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am off to Castlefield tonight for Hacienda Classical and have no idea what to expect. I have refrained from watching Youtube videos.

Nice one mate, had a look at some of the reviews and they were shite so didn't bother but it's always better to get advice from someone .

23 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Have a top night mate, this weather's a bit shit at the mo but fuck it, bit of rain never hurt anyone, it's the mud you've got to watch out for ;-)