New Order

Zoo Music Girl

11 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Looking at the setlist from today in Japan, there is some good news in the fact 1963  has been played for the 1st time in ages. No Ceremony or 586 though and still finishing with Superheated unfortunately.

Nope , they can go away and rethink that. 

I'll not be a happy bunny with that sort of palaver; superheated can make way for either , though my huge preference is Ceremony.

On 19/05/2016 at 9:04 PM, eastynh said:

Utterly fantastic. It was number 2 on my all time key top 3 on the Pete Mitchell show, many, many years ago.

3) Whatever - Oasis

2) BLT - New Order

1) Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode

All three would still easily be in my top 10, with Enjoy the silence still probably No 1.

Whatever is my favourite ever song. Im having it played at my funeral. 

Along with the theme from Sports Report and Mouldy Old Dough (which is still played every saturday at Boundary Park)

Your Silent Face had better get played next month, I really want to hear the whole Other Stage field sing "So why don't you piss off" at the end.

(Of course that won't happen.... most of the crowd probably won't even have heard that song, let alone know the lyrics. Will still be ace though)

3 minutes ago, davidd said:

I'll not be a happy bunny with that sort of palaver; superheated can make way for either , though my huge preference is Ceremony.

4 minutes ago, davidd said:

Here is the set list mate. I think there will be a couple dropped from this as people seem to be suggesting other headline acts only get 75 mins. If they dropped Academic and Superheated then I would be more than happy with that.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Whatever is my favourite ever song. Im having it played at my funeral. 

Along with the theme from Sports Report and Mouldy Old Dough (which is still played every saturday at Boundary Park)

I want these 2 at mine....

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

Your Silent Face had better get played next month, I really want to hear the whole Other Stage field sing "So why don't you piss off" at the end.

(Of course that won't happen.... most of the crowd probably won't even have heard that song, let alone know the lyrics. Will still be ace though)

It will definitely get played.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Here is the set list mate. I think there will be a couple dropped from this as people seem to be suggesting other headline acts only get 75 mins. If they dropped Academic and Superheated then I would be more than happy with that.

I want these 2 at mine....

Ooooh, Kid unknown . Pills for the congreation and that'll be a rocking wake.

9 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

Was that Japan show a festival show or just a gig?

Are there any festivals lined up before Glastonbury?

They are headlining Sonar before Glasto I think.

They are also doing 4 nights at the Opera House in Sydney. Two of the nights are with an orchestra.

Edited by eastynh

27 minutes ago, davidd said:

I'd settle for that.

Regret will be played. No way they will drop that at a festival. They played The Game though the other day. If there is one tune on Music Complete that could be labelled a filler, then the Game is it. Can't believe they have not played Nothing But A Fool yet either.

Will be interesting to see how they go in Sydney, especially with the orchestra.

They have to play Regret and Ceremony. I wonder if they will look at Glastonbury the way we do, and tailor their set for more of a career defining setlist. 

They should definitely play 4-5 off Music Complete, the album deserves to be played live. Singularity, Plastic, Restless, Tutti Frutti and People On The High Line I would guess. I prefer Nothing But A Fool, Academic and Superheated to some of them, but they will definitley play the 5 I mentioned.

It would be nice if they threw in something off Technique. The chances look remote. Fine Time should get an airing at the very least. Vantage Point, All The Way, Love Less or Mr.Disco would be nice.

48 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

They have to play Regret and Ceremony. I wonder if they will look at Glastonbury the way we do, and tailor their set for more of a career defining setlist. 

They should definitely play 4-5 off Music Complete, the album deserves to be played live. Singularity, Plastic, Restless, Tutti Frutti and People On The High Line I would guess. I prefer Nothing But A Fool, Academic and Superheated to some of them, but they will definitley play the 5 I mentioned.

It would be nice if they threw in something off Technique. The chances look remote. Fine Time should get an airing at the very least. Vantage Point, All The Way, Love Less or Mr.Disco would be nice.

People On The Highline was dropped the other night.

Can't see anything off Technique getting played. The set list will be similar to what they are playing now as they will have no time to reherse before Glasto. They are playing gigs and festivals right up to Glasto. There is a chance of 1963 though as thry have played that recently. There is a pool of around 25 tunes that they could realistically choose from. I would be happy with them all apart from The Game.

Have you listened to Cut Copy yet?

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

Regret will be played. No way they will drop that at a festival. They played The Game though the other day. If there is one tune on Music Complete that could be labelled a filler, then the Game is it. Can't believe they have not played Nothing But A Fool yet either.

Will be interesting to see how they go in Sydney, especially with the orchestra.

This is going to be one hell of a Glastonbury. 

It'll be interesting alright, not too sure which way i think it might go.

I regretted not going to see Echo do Ocean Rain a few years ago with a full orchestra, stupid,stupid error.

2 minutes ago, davidd said:

This is going to be one hell of a Glastonbury. 

It'll be interesting alright, not too sure which way i think it might go.

I regretted not going to see Echo do Ocean Rain a few years ago with a full orchestra, stupid,stupid error.

Echo are on at the Ritz in September.

1 minute ago, davidd said:

Might just pop along to that. 

Seen them quite a few times and they've made some fantastic albums but fook me what an error missing that was.

I have seen them a few times and they have always been good.

Think its 1st September @ The Ritz. Will check when I get to work in a bit to see if I am in or not as I would like to go.

25 minutes ago, eastynh said:

People On The Highline was dropped the other night.

Can't see anything off Technique getting played. The set list will be similar to what they are playing now as they will have no time to reherse before Glasto. They are playing gigs and festivals right up to Glasto. There is a chance of 1963 though as thry have played that recently. There is a pool of around 25 tunes that they could realistically choose from. I would be happy with them all apart from The Game.

Have you listened to Cut Copy yet?

Not yet, Ive got a free day tomorrow that I'm dedicating to dribbling over the lineup and trying out some stuff, so i will give them a whirl then.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

cough' better than LCD 'cough

Its watching LCD live footage that has got me wanting to see them. I don't think their studio recordings are anywher near as good as they sound live. They don't have much competition if they are on the Sunday so far, since the gf has gone off EWF idea.

I watched Coldplay last night and it was enough to put me off a possible last minute pissed decision. The setlist they do does not appeal to me.

4 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Its watching LCD live footage that has got me wanting to see them. I don't think their studio recordings are anywher near as good as they sound live. They don't have much competition if they are on the Sunday so far, since the gf has gone off EWF idea.

I watched Coldplay last night and it was enough to put me off a possible last minute pissed decision. The setlist they do does not appeal to me.

I have absolutely no idea what state I will be in on the Sunday. I could end up anywhere.

• Upvote 1