New Order

Zoo Music Girl

3 hours ago, Homer said:

What, that she's "fantastic"? (Barney on fire with that one!)

No idea mate. I pay no attention to his lyrics and think of them as lovely candyfloss :-)

Have heard a lot of Technique is about splitting his ex wife and that is why they no longer play anything from it. How true that is, I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Someone has started another petition this year..

image.png

I would love that. That would be hilarious. Something says to me England are due to play a game that night if I remember correctly - should we get through the group stage (which to be fair I am not convinced of even though our group is a piece of piss) so that would be rather topical should we have gone out by then :P

Just had an email. They are bringing out Complete Music, which is the extended versions of all the tracks off Music Complete. Some of them are fantastic.

It is out on May 13th. They are available on the ltd vinyl at the minute. First time they will have been made available for the digital generation though.

As for Keith Allan, at present I am saying fuck that. The problem is if England are through and I am drunk, then I will be singing the John Barnes rap bit at the top of my lungs.

I still can't see them playing World In Motion though. They must be the only band that does not play their only no 1 single or any tracks from what is regarded as their greatest album.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Just had an email. They are bringing out Complete Music, which is the extended versions of all the tracks off Music Complete. Some of them are fantastic.

It is out on May 13th. They are available on the ltd vinyl at the minute. First time they will have been made available for the digital generation though.

As for Keith Allan, at present I am saying fuck that. The problem is if England are through and I am drunk, then I will be singing the John Barnes rap bit at the top of my lungs.

I still can't see them playing World In Motion though. They must be the only band that does not play their only no 1 single or any tracks from what is regarded as their greatest album.

I think it was 2005 , when i saw New order at Glasto and they did World in motion and Keith Allen came on and did the rap

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

No idea mate. I pay no attention to his lyrics and think of them as lovely candyfloss :-)

Have heard a lot of Technique is about splitting his ex wife and that is why they no longer play anything from it. How true that is, I have no idea.

He did what to his ex-wife? I must listen more carefully to that album

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Is that when he was bollock naked?

53 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

to be honest I was in such a mess, I remember him coming on and that's it

He came on on a horse to do it and his mic didn't work at all so you couldn't hear the rap

They need another shot at it, it's such a tune I don't care

https://youtu.be/dOMVDJTygFo?t=208

Edited by jonodillieono
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

He came on on a horse to do it and his mic didn't work at all so you couldn't hear the rap

They need another shot at it, it's such a tune I don't care

https://youtu.be/dOMVDJTygFo?t=208

He was dressed as a matador and came on on a pantomime horse.

He then said "thanks to Mani and Bez for bringing me on there". I have a very good memory for no good reason that I actually understand.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yeah bollocks to that petition btw.

As much as he does my head in, there is still a romantic part of me that wishes they would kiss and make up, so that Hooky could trot out at Glasto for the encore.

It makes me sad deep down :(

13 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Happy to see they are on but heard mixed reports about them live.

What are people's thoughts on the new album? I've only heard Tuti Fruit I and really like it, the Tom Rowlands remix is even better.

I am afraid that it would be impossible for me to give a fair and balanced answer to those questions.

My biased view is that they will rock the gaff and I feel sorry for all the people who's girlfriends will force them to watch Adele.

The new album is consistently good. None of the songs will go down as New Order classics but there is no shame in that. It is a smashing return to form and a welcome addition to the portfolio :-)

Edited by eastynh
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The new album is consistently good. None of the songs will go down as New Order classics but there is no shame in that. It is a smashing return to form and a welcome addition to the portfolio :-)

agreed - just wish eastynh had said how good it was to us a few months ago ;)

4 minutes ago, cornish hick said:

agreed - just wish eastynh had said how good it was to us a few months ago ;)

I am going to be sad to see this thread come to its natural conclusion. Just pray there are no Depeche Mode rumors for next year as you have seen nothing yet:rofl:

9 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am afraid that it would be impossible for me to give a fair and balanced answer to those questions.

My biased view is that they will rock the gaff and I feel sorry for all the people who's girlfriends will force them to watch Adele.

Are New Order deffo Sat?