New Order

Zoo Music Girl

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i swear by the horns of satan...

Radiohead are gonna get announced for Bestival tomorrow along with a host of other amazing acts and it's gonna piss me off so so much

Il be absolutely gutted....as I book return tickets to IOW 

59 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

so do you actually have info that they're not playing Glastonbury/are playing Bestival or is this just a guess on your part based on the other types of festivals they're topping?

Yeah sorry it sounded a bit like i'm in the know. It's purely an educated guess. I have one friend who has some links to the goings on of glastonbury but it's nothing i've got from her. My educated guess is that Radiohead are headlining bestival, aren't headlining glastonbury, but will be attending this year's glastonbury to maybe play a secret set/to dj/do something

Edited by Acid_Haze

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah sorry it sounded a bit like i'm in the know. It's purely an educated guess. I have one friend who has some links to the goings on of glastonbury but it's nothing i've got from her

ah thank christ for that. whilst it's a very realistic possibility that they'll be playing Bestival i want to postpone that knowledge for as long as possible

If Radiohead do play Bestival then I'm definitely going to Bestival. I would prefer they play Glastonbury though to be honest. As for New Order, I will definitely go and see them if they headline the Other Stage. Loving the ramp up in speculation now. It's giving me 'the feels' :)

12 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just catching up with this news. I'm back in the game for tickets, having realised that Glastonbury is basically the only festival I have a hope in hell's chance of getting time off for. New Order is a great start! :)

Good stuff. I will be in work during the resales and have not failed to get tickets for anything while using a work computer. If anyone needs a hand in the resale then I will be happy to help.

After not being that bothered about anyone else on the line up last year after Hot Chip had been on, it will be nice to still have something to look forward to well into the weekend this year.

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

After not being that bothered about anyone else on the line up last year after Hot Chip had been on, it will be nice to still have something to look forward to well into the weekend this year.

Future Islands? I thought they'd be up your street tbh. They were fabtastic too

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

18 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just catching up with this news. I'm back in the game for tickets, having realised that Glastonbury is basically the only festival I have a hope in hell's chance of getting time off for. New Order is a great start! :)

I too was looking at alternatives after missing out on tix in October, but with New Order, LCD, Radiohead etc. etc. looking possible it's going to be very hard to keep away at the resale.

On 1/26/2016 at 6:18 AM, eastynh said:

I would say they are pretty much nailed on for Glasto now.

There is a bit of a dilemma here for me now in regards to this Castlefield gig. I have a ticket for the Roses in Dublin the same day. Will be seeing The Roses at The Etihad and probably New Order at Glasto. 

Go see a band not from 90s Manchester? :P

Saturday headliner, ugh. Its okish ...but I was hoping LCD and not having a clash central friday :(

19 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Future Islands? I thought they'd be up your street tbh. They were fabtastic too

I quite like them, was a bit unsure about his quirky voice but they have won me over. The problem last year was that out of the 4 of us who went, there was no common ground music wise between us apart from old skool house/rave. I was going to watch Hot Chip no matter what, even if it meant watching them on my own. In the end all my mates come but after that I was persuaded into watching stuff that I had no particular interest. There was no chance of getting my mates to watch a band like Future Islands.

10 hours ago, LondonTom said:

Go see a band not from 90s Manchester? :P

Saturday headliner, ugh. Its okish ...but I was hoping LCD and not having a clash central friday :(

I am all ears mate. If you can find me a better gig to go to on the 9th July than either The Roses in Dublin or New Order @ Castlefield then I would be happy to hear the suggestion.

Edited by eastynh

On 30/01/2016 at 9:52 AM, eastynh said:

Good stuff. I will be in work during the resales and have not failed to get tickets for anything while using a work computer. If anyone needs a hand in the resale then I will be happy to help.

May well take you up on that :)Although I do feel people on here who have been steadfast about the resale may deserve the help more. I've been wavering! I'll likely be at work during the coach sale and not during the main sale if past dates are anything to go by.

19 hours ago, GlastoSimon said:

I too was looking at alternatives after missing out on tix in October, but with New Order, LCD, Radiohead etc. etc. looking possible it's going to be very hard to keep away at the resale.

Yeah I thought missing out this year would be a good opportunity to try another festival but didn't anticipate how difficult it would be to get time off from my new job for Primavera and most others since they fall in holidays. And the line up rumours are pretty tempting. 

24 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I quite like them, was a bit unsure about his quirky voice but they have won me over. The problem last year was that out of the 4 of us who went, there was no common ground music wise between us apart from old skool house/rave. I was going to watch Hot Chip no matter what, even if it meant watching them on my own. In the end all my mates come but after that I was persuaded into watching stuff that I had no particular interest. There was no chance of getting my mates to watch a band like Future Islands.

Shame, they were great. I had only heard Seasons and a dream of you and me beforehand, they were the best thing I saw all weekend. Vireos Eye at the end was oustanding.. to be honest, they would be the perfect sub for New Order.

It won't happen as they did last year, but I'd be there for both.

15 hours ago, eastynh said:

I. I was going to watch Hot Chip no matter what, even if it meant watching them on my own. In the end all my mates come but after that I was persuaded into watching stuff that I had no particular interest.

you let this goes on, and you actually still enjoy your Glastonburys?!?!

"even if it meant" ?!?!

On 31/01/2016 at 10:22 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

May well take you up on that :)Although I do feel people on here who have been steadfast about the resale may deserve the help more. I've been wavering! I'll likely be at work during the coach sale and not during the main sale if past dates are anything to go by.

Yeah I thought missing out this year would be a good opportunity to try another festival but didn't anticipate how difficult it would be to get time off from my new job for Primavera and most others since they fall in holidays. And the line up rumours are pretty tempting. 

I will be in work and available to help anyone who needs help in the resale.

On 31/01/2016 at 10:23 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Shame, they were great. I had only heard Seasons and a dream of you and me beforehand, they were the best thing I saw all weekend. Vireos Eye at the end was oustanding.. to be honest, they would be the perfect sub for New Order.

It won't happen as they did last year, but I'd be there for both.

I fancy Black Grape - Cvrches - New Order on the Saturday. 

9 hours ago, tevaburger said:

you let this goes on, and you actually still enjoy your Glastonburys?!?!

"even if it meant" ?!?!

I have watched bands I wanted to see on my own before now and truth be told I have enjoyed myself more watching someone I was not that bothered about with my mates than I had done watching the bands on my own. If there is someone I really want to watch (Hot Chip, New Order etc) than I will go on my own, much I much prefer staying together, even if it means watching Skepta or Kanye.

• 4 weeks later...

Now it looks like time to accept it'll be Adele rather than Radiohead on the Saturday night I'm free and know the guys I'm with will be at New Order. Beyond Blue Monday I have basically no idea so could someone please suggest maybe 10ish songs to try? Ideally ones they might play at Glasto!

Cheers

6 minutes ago, joelovesleeds! said:

Now it looks like time to accept it'll be Adele rather than Radiohead on the Saturday night I'm free and know the guys I'm with will be at New Order. Beyond Blue Monday I have basically no idea so could someone please suggest maybe 10ish songs to try? Ideally ones they might play at Glasto!

Cheers

True Faith

Ceremony

Temptation

Tutti Frutti (bit shit but a single off the new album)

at the mo can't think of any but I am sure the others here will help you out :P

3 minutes ago, joelovesleeds! said:

Cheers

A few old favorites they'll almost definitely play:

True Faith. Crystal. Bizarre Love Triangle. Ceremony. Temptation. 

Off the latest album check out:

Tutti Frutti. Unlearn this Hatred. Singularity. Restless. Plastic

And as a bonus track: Regret. They might not play it, but it's amazing. 

6 minutes ago, joelovesleeds! said:

Cheers

Have a listen to the live at Bestival in 2012 cd that they brought out.

Heres a start for you