New Order

Zoo Music Girl

On 10/16/2015, 3:02:11, fluff164 said:

The main issue each time was Bernard Sumner. Musically they were ok, but the whoops and whistles......

On 10/16/2015, 4:29:33, stuartbert two hats said:

The whoops just don't fit the music. It's as if when playing live he has no understanding of the strengths of his voice.

try listening to this joyfully with headphones on, volume up quite a bit and then getting a nasty jolt at about 5:25 with a whistle...so annoying...but yes, would love to see them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CHdI2yDF4c

4 hours ago, tevaburger said:

try listening to this joyfully with headphones on, volume up quite a bit and then getting a nasty jolt at about 5:25 with a whistle...so annoying...but yes, would love to see them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CHdI2yDF4c

There's a great line in the comments below that video. 

"New Order. They always seems like a bunch of teenagers at a local battle of the bands. They always make a few mistakes and look kinda hopeless. Barney is always embarrassing. But 9/10 songs is a winner "

Did everyone enjoy the Brixton gigs? They seem to be getting fantastic reviews.

This one worries me a little as I think it maybe right when the reviewer states this could be it for New Order after this albums cycle is complete. They don't need the money and it would piss Hooky off no end if they quit before his case even got to court.

It is fair to say that I am going to see them as much as possible on this tour.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/new-order-brixton-academy-review/

New Order were fantastic last night in Wolverhampton, superb setlist of old classics mixed in with new tunes from MC and all seamlessly felt perfect together. Great atmosphere and visuals too on the screens, short movies for individual tracks at certain points. Would be one hell of an Other Stage headliner. Could see them vs. Adele for example. Go down a storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAF6sxCw02g

Edited by wozwebs

Just now, jackarmy said:

Headlining Sonar in Barcelona the week before Glastonbury. Chemical Brothers did that and headlined The Other Stage last year.

For me right now New Order are a shoe in, whether they are headlining the other stage on not in not certain, but I can't see them not being there now

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

all that says is that an act playing other shows around the same time might also do a show at Glastonbury - which is hardly an earth-shattering revelation.

I wasn't trying to say their was some sort of intrinsic link-up between Glastonbury and Sonar...

Just pointing out that they've got festival shows close to Glastonbury, this to me makes them more likely to turn up at the Farm. And also that another British act headlined Sonar but headlined The Other Stage at Glastonbury (the are they big enough debate)

I've seen them before but their gig in Glasgow last week (and I'm sure the whole tour) felt bigger. The production seemed to be designed with bigger things in mind. Their headline slot at Sonar certainly supports that and a headliner spot on the Other wouldn't surprise me at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Sunday was the one to go to by all accounts. 

The sound was poor on Saturday and I was not keen on the venue (maybe that was due to the sound which was apparently sorted for last night).

The set was 4 songs lite as well compared to Berlin. I am not one to usually moan about the set lists but it is criminal how Waiting For The Sirens Call gets played and others miss out.

I have been lucky in that they have been fantastic the last 3 times I have seen them. I still had a good night even though circumstances prevented them being at their best.

Let's see what 2016 holds for New Order. Enjoy them while you can as I think if Hooky wins then they will knock it on the head.

5 hours ago, eastynh said:

Looks like Sunday was the one to go to by all accounts. 

The sound was poor on Saturday and I was not keen on the venue (maybe that was due to the sound which was apparently sorted for last night).

The set was 4 songs lite as well compared to Berlin. I am not one to usually moan about the set lists but it is criminal how Waiting For The Sirens Call gets played and others miss out.

I have been lucky in that they have been fantastic the last 3 times I have seen them. I still had a good night even though circumstances prevented them being at their best.

Let's see what 2016 holds for New Order. Enjoy them while you can as I think if Hooky wins then they will knock it on the head.

You still thinking they might turn up at Kendal Calling mate ?

Have never seen them but think they would be perfect in the field there.

39 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

You still thinking they might turn up at Kendal Calling mate ?

Have never seen them but think they would be perfect in the field there.

I reckon they are more likely for Summer In The City mate. That is the only reason I can think of, as of why they played WHP.

From reading up today there are a lot of people pretty pissed off with the gigs over the weekend. You could not move in there and a lot of people who could not see a thing due to having to stand down the side. It was a pretty woeful set up and I can only think they have done it to play elsewhere under the whp/Park life umbrella.

I don't think they would play Kendal if they play Castlefield although I think they are nailed on for one of them, with Castlefield being the bigger probability.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The few reports I had of last night were that the band were great, but the venue was too busy and a bit of a shambles. All aboard the New Order Other Stage Headline train now.

completely agree, once you were in the crowd there was no way out to the bar/toilets and little room to move, but that's an issue with the venue and not the band who as you say were great, i'll think twice before buying tickets at the warehouse project again

whp isn't the best place to watch a band in my opinion.  as a club it's fine, i've been many times, it's great to get lost in, but when everyone's in the same room trying to see the stage it isn't at it's best.  i saw a dreadful Mondays gig there a few years ago, which wasn't all down to the band.

it's probably even better as a car park though.