New Order

Zoo Music Girl

Have had a good listen to it now and I think it is ace. It really does sound fresh.

My top 3 tunes off it are Superheated, Unlearn This Hatred and Nothing But A fool

There is talk today that they will be playing around 5 off the new album on the upcoming tour. I wonder if this means they will drop the Joy Division tunes (which imo would be a shame).

Maybe for a Glasto set they would play fewer off the new album to incorporate a few JD tunes.

Edited by eastynh

Not a huge JD fan, but they did Isolation, Transmission and LWTUA at Besti and it certainly worked for me!

Yes they did them 3 at Jodrell Bank as well and they were all fantastic. Unfortunately I think only LWTUA will stay as the final tune.

I have no idea what else they can drop from their set list to make room for the new stuff. There is shit loads they don'the play that other bands would love to have in their arsenal. Considering technique is seen to be their greatest ever album, it is astounding that they do not play one song from it. Plus there is stuff like Confusion, Fine time, Shell-shocked, 1963, Ruined In A Day, World that hardly ever or never gets played.

Stuff like Here To Stay and maybe 586 and Your Silent Face will unfortunately have to be dropped.

When you think about it, the actual amount of quality music they have produced between them over the last 35 years in astounding. The core 5 of Bernard, Hooky, Gillian, Steven and Ian Curtis have come out with Joy Division and New Order. Then there are the side projects of Electronic, The Other Two and Monaco.

Someone in the headliner thread stated that LCD Sounds stem should headline above New Order at Glastonbury. As long as the world is spinning on its axis then no way should should New Order ever play second fiddle to someone like LCD Soundsystem.

Please no one suggest Blue Monday be dropped. There are not many better experiences at a gig that when that initial drum beat kicks in and you know what's about to come in. There are not many tunes that can manage to get a club full of ravers buzzing their tits off and also manage to get people off their arses at a wedding.

Edited by eastynh

I love LCD but I'm inclined to agree. As a top two though LCD then new order would be brilliant. I reckon this new album and tour will raise the latter's profile enough to headline other. There I said it.

Blue Monday used to be my favourite ever song to dance to. Might still be.

I have really tried to get into LCD Soundsystem. For some reason though they/he always leave me a bit cold. I much prefer Hot Chip, who I would say we're similar in stature to LCD.

I love LCD but I'm inclined to agree. As a top two though LCD then new order would be brilliant. I reckon this new album and tour will raise the latter's profile enough to headline other. There I said it.

I don't think they'll need a boost or anything. Massive Attack and Portishead just popped up from the wilderness and claimed a Other headline slot each and I wouldn't imagine their next tours would be bigger than New Order's. They just have the legacy for a big slot, and so do New Order.

I don't think they'll need a boost or anything. Massive Attack and Portishead just popped up from the wilderness and claimed a Other headline slot each and I wouldn't imagine their next tours would be bigger than New Order's. They just have the legacy for a big slot, and so do New Order.

They headlined Bestival three years ago so they can't be far off.

I have really tried to get into LCD Soundsystem. For some reason though they/he always leave me a bit cold. I much prefer Hot Chip, who I would say we're similar in stature to LCD.

I'm inclined to agree with you on record, but when I saw them both in Manchester Apollo during their double billed tour, they blew Hot Chip away.

Couldn't find a topic for these guys so apologies if there is one...

Just heard Bernard on 6 music saying they're doing some festivals next summer. I reckon Glastonbury is nailed on - but where? Obviously I'd love headlining Other but people don't seem to think they're big enough... subbing Other a la Pixies/Pumpkins? Headlining Park? Headlining JP?

Super excited about seeing them in November but I'd take a Glasto slot too please thank you.

not seen them since Cornwall Coliseum in 1984 are they any good these days? I saw Hooky at Festival No.6 last year and enjoyed that.