upgrade plans, ideas wanted

eFestivals

Not sure this is the right page for this, but I'll have a go anyway. I was updating my signature and details and came across the Contact Methods section within my settings. Some of these look a little out of date:

AIM

• MSN
  • Website URL
  • Jabber
Obviously this list will change as online habits evolve, but how about adding Twitter, Insta and Last.fm. You can make a judgement about MSN ;D

When the upgrade happens is now dependent on when a specific plug-in is available for the upgraded forums, which hopefully will be available in around a week (fingers crossed).

I'm still waiting on this before I can do the upgrade.

I've no idea when it might be available and there's no way of me hurrying it up, tho it does appear to be being worked on so all I can do is wait. I'm checking whether it's arrived at least twice a day.

Fingers crossed it arrives soon.

• 4 weeks later...

So there are dropdown menus at the top of the site:

festivals, shop, information, community, about

Within each of these menus there are several clickable links. On normal links, such as the site banner, or the latest news on the right side, or the forum tabs, if you middleclick on them, by default on most browsers it opens a new tab. However for those menus only, it doesn't open a new tab, but opens that link in the same tab.

Is that a bit clearer?

I'm just checking out the next forums upgrade, and it's currently looking like you'll be able to have this feature when using the menus, as there's a menu system within the forums system.

Thanks very much :)

I think I might have spoken too soon, soz.

The new forums menu maker seems to have some abilities I'd like but not others I need, so unless I can resolve those I'm not sure I'll be making much use of it - but it would be nice if I could, so I'll keep trying to find solutions to those issues, if I can.

A search of forthcoming festivals by date range would help.  For example, I'm thinking about what UK festival to include in July.  

Ignore this post as I've just worked out I can already do it.  Doh!!!

Edited by grumpyhack

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2015, 18:49:38, eFestivals said:

I think I might have spoken too soon, soz.

The new forums menu maker seems to have some abilities I'd like but not others I need, so unless I can resolve those I'm not sure I'll be making much use of it - but it would be nice if I could, so I'll keep trying to find solutions to those issues, if I can.

I've managed to do it after all - on the forums, anyway.

I haven't succeeded in finding an off-the-shelf menu-maker product that does it (for use on the main part of the site), tho I've been asking one of the developers of a menu-maker to make his product do it and he's just sent me some files, so i'll take a look in a minute and see if that's up to the job now.