tent sides..

gorfield

been back to leeds for the first time in about 4 years and struggled getting to see anything later on in the radio 1 tent.. why have they put sides on it to prevent people outside being able to see/hear?? what is the point of that?? you used to be able to stand just on the outskirts and be able to still experience the gig. Now you have to cram yourself inside.

the sound was pretty shit in there too - festival republic stage was much louder.

I never noticed that, but I went in first thing on Friday before the Skints started and it seemed smaller. Asked a steward by the sound desk and he said yeah it was smaller capacity but wider. I know Leeds sold a lot less weekend tickets this year (and it's been happening for a few years) but the NME was rammed most of the time and for some bands about 10-20 deep outside.

Not good.