Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

Probably far too early for this but here's a little prediction

Main: Faithless / Foo Fighters / The National / Biffy Clyro / Gary Clark Jr. / All Time Low / Wolf Alice

Barn: Tame Impala / Future Islands / The Maccabees / Circa Waves / Jamie T

K: Twenty One Pilots / Years and Years / AWOLNATION / Kurt Vile

Main: Rudimental / Editors / dEUS / Foals / Stereophonics / The 1975 / The Wombats

Barn: New Order / Seasick Steve / Gogol Bordello

Main: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis / Coldplay / Ben Howard / Sam Smith / Jessie J / Catfish and the Bottlemen

Barn: Lana Del Rey / Bon Iver / Ibeyi / Courtney Barnett

K: Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls / Knife Party

Main: Pearl Jam / Triggerfinger / Imagine Dragons / James Bay / The Hives / Bring Me The Horizon / Father John Misty

Barn: Bloc Party / Slaves / Coasts

It would sound like the best festival in the world !

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Expecting headliners like Foo Fighters, Rammstein, Iron Maiden - with the possibility of Macklemore, Chase & Status, Biffy Clyro and a popstar in the mix.

I think if Chase & Status make an appearance it will be under their Rebel Sound guise. I can see them being a popular closing set for next year's festival circuit.

Expecting headliners like Foo Fighters, Rammstein, Iron Maiden - with the possibility of Macklemore, Chase & Status, Biffy Clyro and a popstar in the mix.

Maiden are 99% sure for Graspop, so we won't see them. Rammstein would only happen if they have a new album by the Summer. No clue what those guys are up to though.

As for the Belgians: you can already write down Black Box Revelation, Trixie Whitley, Tourist Lemc and Goose. I'm hoping that a new Soulwax album will finally end the feud between RW and the Dewaele brothers' management, been too long since Soulwax/2ManyDJ's played.

Usually somewhere in November indeed, but I wouldn't be surprised if they came earlier this year. The likes of Florence, Muse and Iron Maiden are already announcing June 2016 dates this months, so other headlineworthy acts will soon follow. Same at the festival side: Pinkpop hinted at 'all three headliners more or less booked' right after their previous edition, Graspop just set their date (meaning they've booked their main headliners), Best Kept Secret promising to bring the first headliners in Autumn rather than the usual January, ...

Have soad played werchter before?

Only Graspop, once. Though it should be mentioned that they're one of those major bands that happily ignores the existence of Belgium (like Linkin Park and The Strokes). I'd give RW, Graspop and Pukkelpop equal chances at getting SOAD, depending on their touring schedule and what else is available. 

Only Graspop, once. Though it should be mentioned that they're one of those major bands that happily ignores the existence of Belgium (like Linkin Park and The Strokes). I'd give RW, Graspop and Pukkelpop equal chances at getting SOAD, depending on their touring schedule and what else is available. 

They played this year in Belgium, didn't they? So I think that this fact makes SOAD less attactive for Werchter (not a huge band and played Belgium in 2015). Graspop is my bet if they return to Europe next summer

Edited by johnybegood

If they are playing Europe in June indeed. French radio DJ Zégut claims that Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Bon Jovi are the Hellfest headliners, and that guy has a track record of being spot on with 99% of his ' festival leaks'. I would imagine SOAD to play Hellfest if they were dropping by next June.

If so then that's Maiden and Sabbath nailed on, not that they aren't anyway.

Maccabees - Foals - RHCP - Skrillex

1975 -Bastille - Editors -Pearl Jam 

Libertines - Black Keys - Blur - Macklemore

Biffy Clyro - QOTSA - Foo Fighters - Chase & Status 

This would definitely force to buy a ticket. I think Rudimental will be for sure as they miss them this year and it's huge act now also after releasing new album. Really whish to see RHCPBlack Keys, Foals, Nero and Jack White

Edited by grub-

Think I'm probably going to book up again for Rock Werchter, tried too many times for Glasto and failed so think I'll stick with RW for a 3rd year as I've really enjoyed the last two. 

What are the chances of Bring Me The Horion, All Time Low and Iron Maiden?

Thinking the headliners will be Foo Fighters, Editors, Coldplay and Pearl Jam myself but that could be too strong...

Think I'm probably going to book up again for Rock Werchter, tried too many times for Glasto and failed so think I'll stick with RW for a 3rd year as I've really enjoyed the last two. 

Thinking the headliners will be Foo Fighters, Editors, Coldplay and Pearl Jam myself but that could be too strong...

Did RW this year due to nae getting Glasto tickets.  Liked it so much we'll probably got back next year instead of Glasto

Did RW this year due to nae getting Glasto tickets.  Liked it so much we'll probably got back next year instead of Glasto

Good shout, very much enjoyed it and alot of the time you get a better lineup and crowd than majority of the English festivals! So easy to get too and one of the best organised festivals I've been too for it's size. Free travel in Belgium is a brilliant offer, you'd never get that in England. 

It is just beer on offer as that is my big put off?, I'd try it if not.

They have just beer and http://hoegaarden.com/beer/rosee/on offer, that is the only downfall really. However they do let you take bottles of water in without a top so you could always risk a bottle of vodka disgusted as water and take in some extra lids and just buy coke for a while? But obviously you have the risk of getting it taken off you.

BMTH seems very likely for either Werchter or Pukkelpop, their new direction has gotten them a lot of airplay on Studio Brussel and even commercial radio stations. All Time Low probably as well if they're around (was like that the last times), Iron Maiden seems like nailed on for Graspop. 

I would personally write down Coldplay for Werchter Boutique. They're doing a stadium Summer tour according to a fanclub, so a standalone concert would make more sense. Foo Fighters and Editors seem certainties to me. 

All in all, I'm hoping some headlining acts start announcing Summer dates soon. With Florence announcing those festival dates and Iron Maiden claiming the European dates would come soon, I was assuming the whole announcement game would start earlier than usual. 

BMTH seems very likely for either Werchter or Pukkelpop, their new direction has gotten them a lot of airplay on Studio Brussel and even commercial radio stations. All Time Low probably as well if they're around (was like that the last times), Iron Maiden seems like nailed on for Graspop.

I would personally write down Coldplay for Werchter Boutique. They're doing a stadium Summer tour according to a fanclub, so a standalone concert would make more sense. Foo Fighters and Editors seem certainties to me.

All in all, I'm hoping some headlining acts start announcing Summer dates soon. With Florence announcing those festival dates and Iron Maiden claiming the European dates would come soon, I was assuming the whole announcement game would start earlier than usual.

Totally agreed, and I hope you are right ! I have watched Coldplay playing this week-end at Global Citizen, with Ed Sheeran, Beyonce and then Pearl Jam : Coldplay was just ridiculous compared to the three others. They are not the band they were before anymore. I don't like to criticize bands in general but I was so disappointed by their performance that I'm forced to say it.

Yes werchter for me after a 2 year sabbatical, always the best festival of the summer for me.

Hoping for radiohead to headline, Bjork to sub.

That's not asking to much....

In that case I'll buy you a beer for all the info you provided me with before RW this year.  Brilliant festival and never thought I'd see the days I'd have anything other than Glasto as my first choice of the summer.