Glastonbury font

themuel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The is an official Mo font!!!! Taken from the new Worthy Pastures website.

'Mo Font' & 'Mo Spaced Font'
Both WOFF formats on the website but have converted to OFT & TTF.
Letters & Numbers!

Download (will work for 30 days): https://easyupload.io/4rjhjd

They are basically both the same, the spaced one as a little more space between letters. So you only need to add one.

Edited by Dukeicon
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Emily powis said:

Found this old threat while looking for the font of the Glastonbury signs for a 1st birthday party we are throwing. If anyone sees this abs has it, could I please be sent it? 

Here's the official Mo font I posted a bit up (link in that post expired), taken from the new Worthy Pastures website.

Letters & Numbers!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx7hux8aucuvxen/AAAr0mWtC9DZLQlIA1_awRcma?dl=0

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/14/2021 at 12:14 PM, Mudrunner said:

Hi everyone. As a lockdown project, I have created my own typeface based on the signposts.

Compared to the "festifont", it seems to look a bit closer to the original signposts, has better letter spacing, and I have also created numbers and common punctuation (!"$%^&*():;,.?/). I had to extrapolate for some of the numbers, so if anyone has a photo with a 6 or an 8 that would be really helpful!

I am happy to share this if desired (it's only 18K so I guess I can just attach it here?)

Screenshot 2021-02-14 120542.png

3 hours ago, gjd24601 said:

hi, if you could send me the forn to install that would be awesome

There's an 'official' one, which was on the Worthy Pastures website.

Letters & Numbers!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx7hux8aucuvxen/AAAr0mWtC9DZLQlIA1_awRcma?dl=0

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Dan signs said:

The font, typeface, style and feel, of the signs that have been used at Glastonbury festival for many years are the intellectual property of Mo and Dan.

No one else has any right to copy, reproduce, give, sell or use this property.

So to be clear, you're against people using a font to make a few signs for their own gardens in tribute to the festival? 

If you produced custom signs for people which were commercially available I could understand, but you don't, so it's not as if you're losing out on anything. 

It's also worth noting that in the UK, although fonts and typefaces are protectable under copyright law, this only extends to 25 years from the date of first usage. As this picture from the festival in 1997 demonstrates, the font was in use a minimum of 25 years and six days ago, so...

Glastonbury Festival: The 1997 deluge that turned Worthy Farm into a  mudbath - Somerset Live

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Dan signs said:

The font, typeface, style and feel, of the signs that have been used at Glastonbury festival for many years are the intellectual property of Mo and Dan.

Do you not think that bumping this thread might not work in your favour ? 🤔

10 hours ago, Dan signs said:

Could you elaborate on how your signs “feel”. I’d love to reproduce that 

The other thing is: this font is used at a load of other festivals already. Bearded and Beautiful Days for example already have signs up that use it during their events... Its rapidly become a generic 'festival font' rather than just purely Glasto where is began.

• 1 month later...