Glastonbury font

themuel

On 6/11/2020 at 4:29 PM, DareToDibble said:

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I'm due to be sent it so happy to forward it on when I receive it. If you want then inbox me your email address and I'll send it as soon as I receive it.

Hi any chance you can send it to me pretty please? I'll send you my email

14 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

Hi any chance you can send it to me pretty please? I'll send you my email

See my post on the previous page of this thread. You can now download both .ttf files that resemble the directional signs around the site and the .pdf that's inspired by the 'GLASTONBURY' sign on the park hill from the link there. Let me know if you have a problem with the download though.

Edited to say sorry if that sounds like I'm suggesting you should have read the full thread before posting, I don't mean it that way but if I post the link again a moderator needs to approve it so there's a delay in it appearing here. It's just genuinely quicker to direct you to where the link has already been approved.

Edited by mpsamuels

13 minutes ago, mpsamuels said:

if I post the link again a moderator needs to approve it so there's a delay in it appearing here.

you could always post the real link and not a redirect to the real link. :) 

(if a short url is used it has to be approved, because of their use by spammers)

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

you could always post the real link and not a redirect to the real link. :) 

(if a short url is used it has to be approved, because of their use by spammers)

Cheers. I didn't realise that was what prompted the review. I was trying to be helpful by shortening the URL but I'll stop that then!

The full link for anyone who wants it is http://www.martinsamuels.me.uk/glastofonts/glastofont.zip

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
On 22/06/2020 at 9:29 AM, mpsamuels said:

Cheers. I didn't realise that was what prompted the review. I was trying to be helpful by shortening the URL but I'll stop that then!

The full link for anyone who wants it is http://www.martinsamuels.me.uk/glastofonts/glastofont.zip

Just found this. Thanks very much.

25 minutes ago, jeffie said:

Just found this. Thanks very much.

Looks to me like the old version,as it was named glastofont.

It's been updated since,and was renamed festifont, though unfortunately still no numbers :-)

I always had good intentions of taking pics of numbers on signs at the festival to add to the font, but unfortunately i'm never that focused when i'm there :-)

Try this.

Festifont02.ttf.zip

Maybe an idea just to give it it's own thread and insert it there for anyone to use.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. As a lockdown project, I have created my own typeface based on the signposts.

Compared to the "festifont", it seems to look a bit closer to the original signposts, has better letter spacing, and I have also created numbers and common punctuation (!"$%^&*():;,.?/). I had to extrapolate for some of the numbers, so if anyone has a photo with a 6 or an 8 that would be really helpful!

I am happy to share this if desired (it's only 18K so I guess I can just attach it here?)

Screenshot 2021-02-14 120542.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mudrunner said:

Hi everyone. As a lockdown project, I have created my own typeface based on the signposts.

Compared to the "festifont", it seems to look a bit closer to the original signposts, has better letter spacing, and I have also created numbers and common punctuation (!"$%^&*():;,.?/). I had to extrapolate for some of the numbers, so if anyone has a photo with a 6 or an 8 that would be really helpful!

I am happy to share this if desired (it's only 18K so I guess I can just attach it here?)

Would love a copy too, please. I tried creating the font too but missing digits and things 😞

On 2/17/2021 at 4:37 PM, Mudrunner said:

I was bored today, so I've updated with more punctuation, better digit glyphs, and "lower case" (just smaller versions of the caps). If someone can confirm that Wetransfer is accessible, I can upload the newer version.

It worked but only 2 days left. You are best putting in a Dropbox account and sharing via a link from there.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:14 PM, Mudrunner said:

I downloaded and installed this yesterday and it's great. Our next door neighbour is a sign writer so I'm going to get her to do a decal for our camper van using it. 

Also used it to create a signature, for those of you who have them turned on. 

Thanks for your efforts @Mudrunner

Edited by blutarsky

On 2/17/2021 at 4:37 PM, Mudrunner said:

I was bored today, so I've updated with more punctuation, better digit glyphs, and "lower case" (just smaller versions of the caps). If someone can confirm that Wetransfer is accessible, I can upload the newer version.

@Mudrunner would also like the link if there's an updated version? I was able to download the last one fine. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...